1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Detailed Worlds 1.45

Re-worked climates, rivers and custom map scripts with additional details.

1. madpluck

madpluck Chieftain

OMG THANK YOU! Can't wait to give this a try.

2. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

indeed thanks a lot, I'm uploading a mapscript only version with the fix already applied :)

Attached Files:

3. SharTeel

SharTeel Chieftain

Tried a couple maps (continents, fractal and pangaea) and it seems to be working fine :D This mod is compatible with Caps Lock and other start position adjustements right? It doesn't seem to have his own file for that

4. Aoiinazuma

Aoiinazuma Chieftain

I tried the R&F fix but the maps still don't show up. Any ideas?

5. Isys

Isys Chieftain

Coastal/Ocean resources don't spawn (appears to have started after fall 2017 update), otherwise great map mod!

6. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Seven05 updated Detailed Worlds with a new update entry:

Rise & Fall Update

Read the rest of this update entry...

Surprise :)

I can't promise regular updates. My new job pays me a lot of money but demands a lot of my time in exchange.

I only did some basic testing with the new version in Rise & Fall. The map was created, resources all spawned (including in the water), and after a few tests nothing looked horribly out of place so we should be good to go.

This update restores 99% of the original mods functionality. The only two changes I didn't update are:
    • Ice - The new Firaxis code does almost exactly what I had done before so I kept their version, if it doesn't work well let me know and I'll stick my code back in there
    • Lakes - I left out the old code to try to force lakes 2+ tiles away from the coast and desert until I can look more into their changes to rivers & lakes
    Enjoy!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    [to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  7. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

thanks and congrats on your new job :D

8. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

You're welcome, thanks for keeping it running :)

Not really a "new" job as I've been doing it since I stopped showing up here about a year ago, i just expected it to be like every other job and slow down once I got everything under control but that hasn't really happened.

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  9. NoPoopjokes

NoPoopjokes Chieftain

Thanks for this great mod! Have been playing the previous versions for a long time and enjoying it thoroughly!
    Can't wait to play a few new games with this update.

I have generated a few continent maps and it looks great so far! You haven't touched lakes yet. I noticed that all the lakes are just odd one-tile-lakes not connected to any rivers, making some aspects of the game, like the wonder Huey Toecalli less useful. The rest is pretty much perfect, the maps look fantastic and are probably really fun to play. (I'm going to find out right now!)
    Thanks again. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  10. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

I saw the same thing with lakes, guess I'll figure out how to force my lake changes back in there and re-start my game :)

I'll put an update up for the lakes soon. I'm still not convinced on their new ice code either so I may put my old ice code back in so it's not ALWAYS clear on the coastal tiles.

11. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

Anyone try the updated mod without R&F yet? Does it work? We don't have R&F yet on macs, so I'll use my old copy of the mod unless someone can confirm it works pre-patch/expansion. I love this mod BTW, I won't play without it. My favorite is fractal. :)

12. SharTeel

SharTeel Chieftain

w00t, is it christmas again? nice to see the mod officially updated \o/ praise the modder

13. pokiehl

pokiehl Chieftain

Thank you so much, Seven05! Glad to see you post again, good luck with the job, and hope to see more frequently if possible.

14. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

I just put up version 1.31 with a few very minor adjustments.

I forced my lake changes into the new Firaxis code, it works and seems to have eliminated the frequency of one-tile lakes. I also put my old ice code back in since I didn't like the Firaxis method of simply removing all ice from coastal waters.

And now the grand kids are here so no more Civ for me for a while.

15. Isengard Hobbit

Isengard Hobbit Chieftain

16. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Mostly because I never bother to sort out how to upload a mapscript to the workshop, it's not as mindless easy as it is to zip it an upload here :)

17. Isengard Hobbit

Isengard Hobbit Chieftain

Thank you. I will download and check it out and give you some feedback.

18. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

Amazing, thank you so much for the update! Gotta try it this is afternoon.

19. Seven05

Seven05 Warmonger

Rise & Fall Reef fix

Quick fix to allow the Rise & Fall reef feature to appear, I reduced the frequency of it from the base game as there tends to be a lot of coastal tiles on Detailed Worlds maps. You'll find a few but there won't be many, i was seeing 5-6 reef tiles on a large map when I tested it.

There is also some preliminary code in there for extra hills to break up massive flatland areas. These hills are added after cliffs are created so you can actually see some coastal hill tiles without cliffs. This was a mistake but I kind of like the results so I think I'll call that bug a feature and keep it :)

Read the rest of this update entry...

20. heinous_hat

heinous_hat Chieftain

You might want check how that affects the turtles resource. We were discussing it over in the YnAMP forum... turtles are limited to reefs by default, and therefore already have a pretty low presence (0-6 ).