1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Detailed Worlds 1.45

Re-worked climates, rivers and custom map scripts with additional details.

1. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

It may be a conflict somewhere, as this mod hasn't had updates for the last two patches, and may therefore not be compatible.

Have you simply loaded your game and tried again, or did you start a new game and then got the crash again? In the first case it may be because of something happening in that particular game, in the second case you're probably best off disabling a bunch of mods and seeing if the problem still occurs, and just trying to find out which combination(s) cause the crash.

2. Hyronymus

Hyronymus Chieftain

Most likely in the other mods you added, as you said yourself. I suggest you try a detailed Pangea map again and add the other mods one by one and reach turn 90.

3. KrumStrashni

KrumStrashni Chieftain

I got it. I did a very careful search in the database.log...it seems it was caused by extra city states mod

4. DanaLea

DanaLea Chieftain Supporter

Gekko, we need someone to take over this mod and make it work again... Interested?? :p

Also, is Gekko's fix still working after the fall patch?

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
  5. [to_xp]Gekko

[to_xp]Gekko QCT junkie

try it out, it should still work but in case it doesn't I have no idea how to fix it since I'm still a couple patches behind :D

6. Nokash

Nokash Chieftain

If you are not getting any sea resources on the maps just copy ResourceGenerator.lua from C:\Games\Sid Meiers Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Maps\Utility to C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods\Detailed Worlds\Maps\Utility it worked for me still not getting any sea luxury resources though.

Edit:
    Nevermind Gekko's fix works, still no sea luxuries though ;-;

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. DanaLea

I'm on a mac and don't have the fall patch so a "check and see" approach won't work for me. Hense, me asking the question. :)

8. osopolare

osopolare Chieftain

I'm really enjoying this mod but with the current patches it doesn't seem to place any sea resources at all. A bit of a bummer.

9. asdazza

asdazza Chieftain

EDIT: I thought there was something on the .lua files breaking the spawn of luxury resources, but they're actually ok after some exploration found whales and the shells.

[to_xp]Gekko version (without the default .lua's) still works with Fall 2017

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  10. DanaLea

Thanks for the info!

11. GhostDog55

GhostDog55 Chieftain

Awesome Maps:thumbsup: Just one question...what happened to sea resources?? No Fish, no whales, no notta

12. asdazza

asdazza Chieftain

Read the posts above your's...

13. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

The mod hasn't been updated for the last two patches, and in the summer patch (which is the first of those two) Firaxis changed the algorithm for sea resources. So, yeah...

14. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

If anyone wants to help me test this out, I'd be much appreciated. I'm (supposed to be) studying for a certification so my game time is severely limited for a few weeks. I incorporated the updated Lua functions into FeatureGeneraor.lua, MountainsCliffs.lua, and RiversLakes.lua so they would match the base game as well as fulfill what Seven05 set out to do. The other Lua utilities he had didn't seem to have much changed versus the base game so I left them alone (especially ones that dealt with ice). I also updated the DWContinents.lua because I was getting some errors when running it.

So what I need is basically someone to test these maps out and see if they are generating properly. Specifically the other maps since I've already confirmed Continents works without errors.

Things to keep an eye out for:
    -Proper river generation
    -Proper desert and jungle clumping
    -SEA RESOURCES THIS IS BIG LOOK HERE SEA RESOURCES (Please check all the maps, even Continents, since I have not checked coasts in any of them)

Things I need if you have an error:
    -Screenshots
    -Log files (Database, Modding, and Lua)
    -Patience

EDIT: I can confirm that Archipelago, Fractal and Continents are all working without issue and have plenty of sea resources. Haven't tested the others. Fractal could use some more mountains, might look into that when I have time.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
    [to_xp]Gekko likes this.
  15. Piers Shepperson

Piers Shepperson Chieftain

I made a Archipelago map using a giant map from Yet no another map generator YmANG. It was grefat apart from not having any sea resources anywhere.

16. madpluck

madpluck Chieftain

I am taking a look at this now! So far I got a small archipelago map to successfully load (and spawn me into the game!). Was having trouble with this map script in particular before. Will update if I encounter any problems (like generating larger maps), but so far the map looks great and hasn't crashed at all. Haven't explored enough (turn 30) to see if other continents besides my starting one got any sea luxuries. Rivers and jungles/deserts are spawning beautifully so far.

EDIT: I can confirm that there are sea resources on other continents in an Archipelago map at least.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  17. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

doesn't seem to be working with the R&F update. I keep getting redirected to the MM after starting a map. all other mods were off.

18. madpluck

madpluck Chieftain

Well the redirect thing is an annoying thing with the Mods.sqlite file. I keep having to delete it over and over. Now that I've fixed that problem though, none of the map scripts show up if I have Rise & Fall on. If I use the Vanilla scenario settings they load but not if I switch to Rise & Fall.

19. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Very well possible, this mod hasn't been updated in a long time.

20. BrokenSky

BrokenSky Chieftain

Relating to maps not showing up with R&F enabled:
    As far as I can tell, the problem seems to be that the game needs to be told that map scripts can be used with various scenarios. To fix this for this mod, the file MapScripts.xml (..\Mods\Detailed Worlds\Configuration\MapScripts.xml) needs to be updated.

Currently it has
    Code:
        <Maps>
            <Row File="DWArchipelago.lua" Name="Archipelago - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Archipelago" SortIndex="70"/>
            <Row File="DWContinents.lua" Name="Continents - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Continents" SortIndex="71"/>
            <Row File="DWFractal.lua" Name="Fractal - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Fractal" SortIndex="72"/>
            <Row File="DWPangaea.lua" Name="Pangaea - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Pangaea" SortIndex="73"/>
            <Row File="DWSmallContinents.lua" Name="Small Continents - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Small Continents" SortIndex="74"/>
        </Maps>

which needs to be changed, similarly to how the expansion changes the vanilla maps, to work with the new expansion by adding Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps". The fixed version should look like this:
    Code:
        <Maps>
            <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="DWArchipelago.lua" Name="Archipelago - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Archipelago" SortIndex="70"/>
            <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="DWContinents.lua" Name="Continents - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Continents" SortIndex="71"/>
            <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="DWFractal.lua" Name="Fractal - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Fractal" SortIndex="72"/>
            <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="DWPangaea.lua" Name="Pangaea - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Pangaea" SortIndex="73"/>
            <Row Domain="Maps:Expansion1Maps" File="DWSmallContinents.lua" Name="Small Continents - Detailed" Description="Detailed Worlds Small Continents" SortIndex="74"/>
        </Maps>

Making this change to the mod should allow you to select the maps on the main screen. From cursory tests they seem to work for me at least well enough to get to the bit where you have a generated map and your starting units.

[to_xp]Gekko likes this.