[development thread] Dune: The Spice Must Flow

About Dune Mod: Ther is a thread in the this forum that suggested that the Dune mod be for Colonization. Hopefully the Europe screen could be modded so that it can represent the shipping of spice off Arrakis.

Is there still interest in a Dune mod? This thread looks like the most advanced. Is the mod in a workable fashion? I have no experience in modding but am willing to playtest a workable mod for DUNE, the greatest science fiction story ever made!

I dont believe the Dune mod ever got off the ground into a playable state.

anyone still have an interet in a dun mod?

i started working on my new mod - dune wars:

what ive done so far:

- all terrain - the ocean is now a deep desert and so is the coast, - functions like regular ocean.

- replaced current resources with new resources

- chnaged forest an jungle to wheat red like plant and mushrooms.

- added revdcm - the whole package - bug, revolutions, the works!

-added some mods from overlord2 mod

gonna do:

after i finish with the terrain,
ill add the 3 houses for start - hark' atreidis and ordos.

barbarians will be changed to the "smugglers".

gonna draw most of the ideas from this thread.

EDIT:

OK
no need for tech ideas,
ive completed the tech tree,
renamed and reorganized the vanilla tech tree.

so now ive done the tech tree, the resources and the civilizations (10 at the moment).

ive also organized the unit movment fetuers:

there will be 4 types:

vehicles
aerial
fighters
footsoldiers

some will be able to get into deep desert (aka ocean and coast)

there will be no ship units......as i said, the ocean is now desert terrain.

goodluck

im propaply posting this to myself..cause noone is watching this hah....

You have my full interest. I'm an all time fan of the Dune universe. It's just that I'm a slacker, but I was truly pleased to see progress on this, and that you are still working full steam on this. I have a friend too who doesn't go on forums that will most likely be very happy if a good finished product come out of this. But, he's also a slacker. The least we could do is test the thing.

thanks scyt3i3,

thats encourging,

be sure that ill finish this mod and wont abandon it.

hopefully,
you wont have to "test" the first version,
but to enjoy the full dune content,
and offcourse make remarks,
most of the mod will be based on my overlord2 core files - revdcm and so on.

:)

Hooray! Someone's finally making a Dune mod. Glad to see that its for Civ III and not Civ IV. The mods for Civ IV are too buggy! :D

caesarmd....................

hehehehe, that was a good one...

i promise you the mod wont be buggy for civ4,

plus....most mods are stable and well built - ffh2, thomas war, rom2, planetfall, mars now, overlord2....

you should try one of them.

Flintlock1415,

:))

anyway - the thread for the mod is in my signature,
this one is obselete.

I can't help but think that an all encompassing Herbert mod would do better as a Final Frontier mod-mod. But maybe it could borrow from FFH2's dungeons, and have a Dune planet map inscribed on a corner of the map, with different terrain rules?

A mod of the Butlerian Jihad for FF is sort of interesting. In the FF mod I am making, I am sort of representing that, but it is basicly the Imperium as opposed to all of the Great Houses. A FF mod of just Dune wouldn't work that well, as there are few (any?) space battles due to the Guild. It would all be assault and defense of planets which would be sort of boring.

Top Bottom