1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[Development Thread]WW1 Mod: Blood and Iron

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by snafusmith, Jan 13, 2008.

1. nokmirt

nokmirt Emperor

I think the map needs to encompass more cities, so you get a feel for the real strategic picture prevalent during the war in Europes many fronts. The map needs the Middle east as well. What I am saying is France is going to need more than just a few cities. We should use a largest map possible, without hurting turn times. It should be what no one has done before. You could have a campaign map with all of Europe and parts of the Middle East. You could make scenario maps for certain battles, like the battle of Liege, or the Battle of the Frontiers, and the Battle of Mons. Scenarios dealing with one battle or a certain sector of the line. These are my suggestions. I cannot wait for this to come out.

2. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

I'm glad to see you guys are talking about the scenarios for Blood and Iron! I'd always envisioned the Europe map just using the one that comes with CIV. It's about the right size and includes just about every front of the war.

I've gotten some replies back, but not very many. Is anyone seriously interested? I'd prefer to have someone who's made a couple scenarios already.

-Smitty

3. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

I'd love to help. I'm probably not the best scenario maker, but I can help when/where needed.

4. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

So.... could we get an update on whether we can expect to see this mod in action? Are scenarios being created?

5. nutnut

nutnut Budding Modder

Any updates?

6. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

can't wait snafusmith, looks fantastic! ;)

if you need any help with xml or some simple python merging, I could be of assistance.

7. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Any updates?

8. fireclaw722

No, I don't think so.

Is anyone creating scenarios?

Is it planned for Civ5(since it seems to be taking so long :p).

9. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

Civ5 is coming in fall. Still some time left..

10. fireclaw722

Ya, I know that, but it seems that it has been in progress for about two months without any updates(so I'm going to guess they will wait for Civ5, and make it for that).

11. wotan321

wotan321 Emperor

Why a wait for Civ 5? Has there been some suggestion Civ 4 mods will work with Civ 5 out of the box?

This is a Civ 4 mod, and it looks like a ton of work went into it. Its a shame to think it just stopped so close to completion. Or has SnafuSmith been recruited to work on Civ 5?

In either case, how about what has been completed being released for whoever wants to use it to make maps with it?

12. Shiggs713

Shiggs713 Immortal

I'd be surprised to see SnafuSmith working on civ5 considering the likes of Rhye, Kael, and Dale aren't working for them. Nevertheless you should really finish this mod if your even remotely close. It'd be a shame to do all that work for no enjoyment.

13. Sagitario

Sagitario Extremist Zionist Salsero

For a Middle East Scenario you could have Pre-State Israel and Pre-State Saudi Arabia as vassels of the Ottomans that can be bought as the British did.

14. HappyHenchman

HappyHenchman Chieftain

gah this mod sounds so awesome I cant wait :p

15. Androrc the Orc

Androrc the Orc Emperor

Wouldn't it be Palestine rather than Israel?

16. Chamaedrys

Chamaedrys Emperor

I think this project is dead :deadhorse:

17. markoffit

markoffit Chieftain

Yeah it is dead. It was supposed to be released more then a year ago and it seems they got into some trouble and gave up. People are jsut focusing on civ 5 now.:scan:

18. cephalo

cephalo Deity

SnafuSmith has a huge library of WWI units, I hope he can put that to use for a Civ5 mod without alot of extra work. One of these days we need a good WWI mod.

19. fireclaw722

Can't disagree here!

20. snafusmith

snafusmith Unit Maker

It's not quite dead, just mostly. I do plan on making one for Civ5, when it comes out. If I get some time to work on the scenario, then I can see this one finishing.