DG Pulse: Are you happy here?

What is your DemoGame happieness level?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm hoping things will improve, but right now I have no idea how to participate effectively. There doesn't seem to be any good place to establish a character and start generally roleplaying -- it seems that basically the only ones who have roleplayed are those who are directly in charge of something, or those who are just insane and thus can roleplay in places that don't make a lot of sense, by whom I mean Bertie. Props to them, but how about the rest of us?

When more cities are founded, more people [including you rspeer, since you're a Warlord Faction member] will get land tiles. Consider that as a starting point for your individual roleplay character, unless you want to start earlier ofcourse, which is always possible. What you could also do is make up a character right now, and join the Scouting group. Roleplay is all in your head and you participate as much as you want to.
I'm not really good at it, so my roleplay part will be very limited [governor of Warlord City 'till end of first term, and after that we'll see]

There are many more oppurtunities than just the scouting group. We are about to settle far away lands. There is a rebellion in the city! If there isn't a thread that suits your character start one, who nows who will add to it and where they will take you. Multiple personalities are encouraged remember so there is no pressure to get the RP constantly right, if it goes a bit stale skip to a new character. I look forward to RP-ing with you in the near future

" Roleplay is all in your head" with few words NZL said everything.
No reason to gameplay twist and spoil roleplay, or roleplay twist
and spoil gameplay. They are independent things.
The only true connection between them is their source: the persons,
the players. And "roleplayer" and "gameplayer" can be the same person,
just look at Provolution, JoeHarker, Kwarriotpoet.
Best regards,

Sometimes it's a matter of just putting yourself out there. If there isn't a nich or thread made for you, then make one and roll with it.

I do think that as our community evolves and grows (I honestly believe there are many lurkers here, looking for opportunities) we need to get creative about ways to encourage activity.

Story-telling contests...reports from in the field...guilds supporting factions, etc...

Top Bottom