[GS] Did you pre-order already?

Did you Pre order Gathering Storm?

• Total voters
nope. Could get it as a xmas present. And it's still so far out to commit to. Barring any unforeseen events, I will 100% buy the game. But if I get in some kind of car accident and am unable to play the game, I would feel foolish purchasing it. I knock on wood that would never happen. I would hate to never be able to play video games again.

Yes, when the live stream was still being broadcast.

I don't see any reason to pre-order in the age of digital delivery. Even if there's some kind of pre-order bonus, that can be earned by "pre-ordering" only a day or two before release.

One might say that pre-ordering "supports the developers", and that makes sense for a small or embattled development house, but Take-Two Interactive is a 12 billion dollar corporation. It doesn't need my support.

I read in a post on here that GreenManGaming will have a 20% off offer.

Yeah read that but... just not sure GMG services canada ? I'll go check... Always was under the impression that you can only use them in the US... how would buying at GMG work, what with all my current versions bought through steam ?

thx for the tip

I'll likely preorder at some point, though I've recently started with YNAB and attempting to be good about budgeting, so it's not happening in November at least.

I generally don't pre-order anymore, but I probably will with this closer to the release date once I know the best price offerings

No. Just like with Rise and Fall I will not preorder until I know everything about the expansion. I thought Rise and Fall civilisations were terrible so I never even bought it.

Last edited:
I don't see any reason to pre-order in the age of digital delivery. Even if there's some kind of pre-order bonus, that can be earned by "pre-ordering" only a day or two before release.

One might say that pre-ordering "supports the developers", and that makes sense for a small or embattled development house, but Take-Two Interactive is a 12 billion dollar corporation. It doesn't need my support.

One might also say that pre-ordering "incentives the developers" to not care about QA, and other important parts of the product and process, because they already have your money in their pockets... in fact, I would dare to say that the "pre-order culture" is largely responsible for the general mediocrity in the industry in the last 20 years (as compared to earlier "eras" of gaming...)

Voted no, but that's just because I'm just waiting to see if I get a Steam Gift Card for Christmas or my January Birthday. But it's #1 on my wish list, and will be pre-ordered one way or another by Feb 1.

No. I didn't get much value for my buck out of R&F so unless I get some news about some more UI changes that make me happy I'm kinda content to just not buy/play it overall.

not yet and don't want yet. But I just checked out greenmangaming and don't see that 20% rebate some of you guys talk about. Am I missing anything?

responsible for the general mediocrity in the industry in the last 20 years

All my favorite games were released during that time frame...

Top Bottom