Diplo for TNT

I say no.

Letting them pick the ground and the timing so they can rush ALL their units there, I don't think so.

The big advantage the attacker has is that he picks the place to attack, and that the defender has to worry about more than just the aggressors chosen field of battle.

Again, I vote no. I trust our turnplayers to not only beat TNT, but to do so with tactical style.

So what's the prize? Not that it matters. That idea is all of a piece with the rest of their play....it stinks. If they want to call a halt to the hostilities, open their capitol to us, then give is the rest of their towns in the peace treaty but they get to keep the one in the jungle.

:rolleyes: Yeah if we needed to reduce our unit support....I think not. They're already making a stand according to Killercane against Donut with 4 pikes and 5 immortals.....carry on Grahamiam. ;)

These guys are truly clueless. Tell them we'll meet them on carpetbomb's rubble. You guys just go up there, leave your cities undefended and we'll be up there in two or three turns. We promise.

Hey - I didn't say I liked the idea... I just told Simon I'd post it. :lol: Diplomacy and stuff.

Tell Simon (really... tell him) we'll meet him and his gang on the northern plain. We promise we'll be there. :mischief:

The fat lady is singing....
BCLG asked to go mano a mano again.
They pillaged the roads to the spices near MIA, out of spite.
MIA has a knight on battle island.
and the scariest thing of all....sit down and hold your hat...

Dinsog may want to join us. :eek: We need to understand the ruling for refugees...not that he could say anything that would impact us but...
Spoiler :
jack the lad (Seth){Care Bear}, guess im gonna have to get a B in physics now says:
hey, has there been much response to our proposal in the KISS forum?
Whomp says:
hey
jack the lad (Seth){Care Bear}, guess im gonna have to get a B in physics now says:
hey
Whomp says:
i'm trying to understand what our upside is?
yer that was our main reason why you'd reject it
the main upside is that the rest of out cities are undefended

Whomp says:
i'm more than willing to do it but we'd want all your cities in return
thats what i was just about to say
we could not abandon all our cities
except one
Whomp says:
just let us walk in
the keep
ill abandon that
Whomp says:
what's "the Keep"?
well if a unit is built in the time then you'd have to fight that but thats about it
our silk city
its ages away for you to take and i dont want to spend 1-2 weeks just clicking enter on it
did you speak to the nutters?
Whomp says:
i did
you hear what i meant?
Whomp says:
that could be a mistake for mia
why?
Whomp says:
opportunists
ive already pillaged all the roads around the city so they wont be getting
anything for awhile
Whomp says:
they offered to spy on your cities for a price
what?
Whomp says:
they are willing to be info gatherers
Whomp says:
for a price
well thats them trying to find a new ally

Whomp says:
look for an embassy being established
i think we've already got one
they've got a knight on our continent as well

what was their price?
Whomp says:
i think we offered to take a trial offer
Whomp says:
for free
so there just spying on us for you? are you being genuine because you dont have to worry about us being friendly with MIA now, we've cut relations with everyone

Whomp says:
they offered but want to charge for it
Whomp says:
we aren't willing to give them anything so we asked if they'd give us a picture for free to see how it works...j/k
lol
j/k about the whole thing?
Whomp says:
they're a little late to the information game
how much did you get the nutters to do?
Whomp says:
i think 1 city
ah right
well i passed on what you said earlier
not the nutters thing
Whomp says:
no it's real
Whomp says:
mia sent us a email
Whomp says:
prolly donut too
no i meant 'passed on' as in i posted it in the forum
we've been looking for an excuse to e-mail them for awhile and this'll do
Whomp says:
passed on what?
the mia offering info thing
not the nutters thing
Whomp says:
i think this will be our response...
Whomp says:
Congratulations on your new business! We wish you luck in this new endevour and will contact you if the need arises. Of course, a free sample to allow us to better judge your product may stimulate business."

Whomp says:
this does not come from me, ok?
Whomp says:
i don't need Fe jumping on me.
might pay you back :mischief:
Whomp says:
thanks

no, it wont
Whomp says:
he denied
Whomp says:
that they had given you info
Whomp says:
vehemently
lol
yer ok, course they hadnt
we havnt given them any information in awhile
like your whole northern cities being undefended

i still dunno why they wanted the battle logs, i guess to calculate your forces
Whomp says:
they're not undefended
Whomp says:
the units are on the move
ok, did scoutsout mention my idea about MIA?
Whomp says:
which idea?
about how they look to be planning their wonder GA about the same time as your treaty ends...
Whomp says:
they've got a lot of work to do
how you mean?
Whomp says:
newt's is a fair amount of time away
erm no
GL
Whomp says:
that's just stupid
why?
Whomp says:
waste of shields
in a way, however when your 1 team against 2-them 2 will be researching. Even if it only lasts till education
Also they were peebuilding the pyramids awhile back
Whomp says:
the glib would get zero techs for them
Whomp says:
and you'll notice they switched pyramids
yer but to what?
and why would it get zero techs?
are you and the nutters stopping research?
Whomp says:
because education has been researched
yes but it doesnt work till they have it
and so if they knocked off research now
Whomp says:
they have it
ohwell
id keep it in mind still
just something that was an MIA/TNT thing

Whomp says:
they would go for newtons
Whomp says:
that has value to them
Whomp says:
so we may try to beat them to it
it'd be best
Whomp says:
then they'd have to wait till ToE
Whomp says:
and we'll beat them to that
thats a game ender
still, you should take them very seriously
they're more powerful than you
Whomp says:
we do
Whomp says:
chamnix is a very very good player

wouldnt be turn player on an mtdg team if you wernt
unless you had to be turn player
Whomp says:
yup good point
who's playing the turns for kiss now?
Whomp says:
grahamiam
Whomp says:
scoutsout before that
yer
Whomp says:
we don't have a set turnplayer
Whomp says:
but now the grumpy part of the team is stepping up
lol
you workers taken a seat?
Whomp says:
geeks are still geeking
Whomp says:
diplos are diplo'ing
Whomp says:
and grumpys are playing
Whomp says:
and kickbooti just makes us all laugh
cool, there was a joke cracked in tnt once
Whomp says:
about what?
cant remember it was that long ago
Whomp says:
about how idiotic we were?
no, that one gets made quite a few times
but jokes are meant to be funny
ooooooooooooo
i remember something that made me laugh recently in tnt
you'll all like this in KISS

There is no way I'd join the Nutters. (Aside from being really POed at them for joing the Galls, I don't think I could bear to be on two losing teams in a row.) I really have little desire to join MIA. Ticked at them, too. That just leaves the old if you can't beat 'em, join 'em philosophy. It could be fun being part of KISS, especially since some of them really don't like me
theres more to the post but its not relevant
Whomp says:
who wrote that?
Whomp says:
you?
nope
thats why it made me smile
Whomp says:
donsig?
maybe
Whomp says:
oh no
y'uhuh

looks like he's got his eye on you guys
Whomp says:
oh boy...
no word on Strider yet
Whomp says:
please no
AK asked me to speak to greekguy and he said KISS or MIA
most people are saying that
most people being vind
Whomp says:
we are one big happy family
Whomp says:
so there's not much dinsog or strider could do about that
pisss you off with horsehockey ideas
Whomp says:
they will be ignored
well its upto you who you accept anyways
Whomp says:
is it?
yer, check the refugee thread for the ruling
Whomp says:
well if we decide then they will not be allowed

Whomp says:
they don't fit
Whomp says:
we want you buddy
Whomp says:
you fit
lol, well i'll probably sign up i guess.
Whomp says:
you don't have to but i think you fit well with us...you're call
no id like too
just not sure how much help id be
Whomp says:
you don't need to help
Whomp says:
camraderie
Whomp says:
learn
Whomp says:
there's much to learn young grasshoppah..
lol ok
anywhoo im off to bed shortly
Whomp says:
nighty
would KISS do the final battle thing if we agreed to not abandon anymore cities?
Whomp says:
not sure...i could check
Whomp says:
we'd need to understand our upside
well instead of us abandoning the rest of our cities
Whomp says:
abandoning is not that bad for us
ends the war quicker as well
i suppose we could bring our units our of the cities if both sides agreed not to use trebs
have a good evening
Whomp says:
bye

Hey if dinsog or strider want to join that's fine. When they throw up a crazy idea, we laugh or ignor them. And we don't let them play our turns.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if we decide to cut down TnT to OCC and then leave them be, there will be no TnT refugees. The only way to get out is for them to abandon and then they haven't been defeated because you cannot lose to someone who isn't fighting you. In that case the ruleset doesn't apply:

0.3.1 - Membership retention after Defeat

Description: Members of teams that were defeated in the current game are allowed to join the team that conquered them, if the team will have them. They may also join neighboring teams that they had contact with at the time of their defeat.

Whomp said:
Dinsog may want to join us. :eek:
Believe it or not... I don't think I'd have a problem with Donsig joining us. Fe got miffed at him for getting frustrated and bowing out rather ungracefully... but hey, he was getting hammered by us... and then 'nuts turned around and sneak attacked. Who wouldn't get at least a little frustrated?!??! I mean... c'mon... we're only human, after all...

I don't know him well enough to like him or not... but I know he's a regular xOTM participant... who knows? Maybe if he ran with us for a while he'd have fun... loosen up... and turn out to be a likeable guy. IIRC he was being a good sport about this war until things started to get really nasty for him. Remember the "Oceanfront Library for Sale" post in one of the other teams' newsletter threads?

Now... don't get me wrong... I'm not saying I'm ready for him to take over as turnplayer or anything... but I wouldn't mind if he wanted to hang out and make fun of MIA. Shoot, I'd even give him a few tactical pointers...though I guess you could say I've given him "one pointer". I think he got the part about "one horse and a stack of pikes will not push scout into the sea... :D

scoutsout said:
Shoot, I'd even give him a few tactical pointers...

Yes, I think Scout's 'tactical pointers' take the same form of Leonidas' at Thermopylae. Even Dinsog shoud be able to absorb those lessons...:D

Kickbooti said:
Yes, I think Scout's 'tactical pointers' take the same form of Leonidas' at Thermopylae.
I thought Leonidas fought at Chickamauga... oh wait... for some reason I thought you'd identify more with the Bishop-General than with that other Leonidas...

Sorry. :blush: :p

Believe it or not... I don't think I'd have a problem with Donsig joining us. Fe got miffed at him for getting frustrated and bowing out rather ungracefully... but hey, he was getting hammered by us... and then 'nuts turned around and sneak attacked. Who wouldn't get at least a little frustrated?!??! I mean... c'mon... we're only human, after all...

I don't know him well enough to like him or not... but I know he's a regular xOTM participant... who knows? Maybe if he ran with us for a while he'd have fun... loosen up... and turn out to be a likeable guy. IIRC he was being a good sport about this war until things started to get really nasty for him. Remember the "Oceanfront Library for Sale" post in one of the other teams' newsletter threads?

Now... don't get me wrong... I'm not saying I'm ready for him to take over as turnplayer or anything... but I wouldn't mind if he wanted to hang out and make fun of MIA. Shoot, I'd even give him a few tactical pointers...though I guess you could say I've given him "one pointer". I think he got the part about "one horse and a stack of pikes will not push scout into the sea...

as scout, bede, and whomp know, I have limited time for a while. Having said that, in light of the above, "I would rather face 1000 deaths" or some such.

Dinsog is a lawyer (barrister for our euro friends).

I hate lawyers:
1. They reproduce by fission;
2. They make simple things complex (unlike B who makes simple things really warped7., but in a fun way);
3. They always want to vote on stuff; we're idiots, we dont need no stinkin votes;
4. Hewhoshallnotbenamed II, so I don't go on vacation, is the primary reason I've stayed out of anything that has demo in it since this;
5. even paranoids have enemies
6. they built a freakin temple! bede help me out here
7. he bailed when our superior turnplayers kicked his....
8. tubs could kick his butt in risk
9. he has no tolerance for igor and nonsensical ramblings like this
10. I'm pretty sure I'll be on vaction if he joins us

bonus: a rattlesnake bite donsig. it died.

I think the Admiral is holding back on us. :mischief: I want to know how he really feels.

scoutsout said:
I thought Leonidas fought at Chickamauga... oh wait... for some reason I thought you'd identify more with the Bishop-General than with that other Leonidas...

Sorry. :blush: :p

Never. Trust me, if you had to loose a battle, you'd go out with a Thermopylae-type bang, not a Polk-like whimper. Okay, okay; he was killed by a cannon ball so technically he went out with a bang, but you know.

Yeah, yeah; double post.

Anyway, we should spy out Semtex and head there with our SoD's. If memory serves that is where the MoM is located and I seem to recal plans that would allow that to help us Settler-rush; a helpful thing if it could happen sooner rather than later.

And when(if) we take Provobomb I humbly suggest we rename it Igoropolis.

OK, crazy idea. Let's ask TNT to surrender. They will essentially just march out of their last city.

I received this in my pm box and responded back. I think we should give Donuts a head's up.

fe3333au said:
Dear KISS

Can you please respond to our previous message ... even if it is get stuffed MIA bastards.

The point of the previous letter was to inform you that we believe that Nuts are double dealing us both and gaining virtually free technology.

If allowed to conduct business in this manner they will undoubtedly win the game through deception and treaty breaking ... is this what you want?

Winning or Losing the game is NOT the issue ... I'd prefer the team that eventually wins, does so honourably.

Regards Fe.
Whomp said:
Werner,

I thought you said you were going to post my pm in your forum and share with us what's going on.

Bernie
fe3333au said:
Sorry

We are interested in what your thoughts are ... we are very concerned that with both of us being played by the Nuts that they benefit far too much and the fact that they are using underhanded methods goes totally against the grain.

1. We propose that both KISS and MIA cease all technology trading, buying, etc from this point until the end of the game. Luxes are another issue and trading could still be allowed but not for technology, I mention this as both KISS and MIA are currently (or so I'm told) receiving them.

2. I'm even tempted to issue a joint letter on the UN to indicate our intentions and the reasons why.

3. As to possible further actions ie. a joint military action or totally cutting them off diplomatically
... this would have to be discussed more because I'm sure that we both consider the other a threat and have had plans in place to act or react once our peace runs out.
... maybe some sort of non-aggression period where we can both act independantly against Nuts is another option.
... I'm even thinking that alligning with Nuts could still be allowed only without technology involved.

It is a complicated issue because they can supply many things to us both ... However the first and most important thing to agree to is to stop the Nuts from getting a 'free' ride to winning due them using us both and getting security to expand an entire continent. This will only work if we both cease technology dealings.

So I guess I'd like your team's thoughts ... even if it is a rejection of what we propose.

Regards Fe.

:lol:
3. As to possible further actions ie. a joint military action or totally cutting them off diplomatically
... this would have to be discussed more because I'm sure that we both consider the other a threat and have had plans in place to act or react once our peace runs out.
... maybe some sort of non-aggression period where we can both act independantly against Nuts is another option.
... I'm even thinking that alligning with Nuts could still be allowed only without technology involved.

That's rich

Top Bottom