Diplomacy

The NES forum hosts diplomacy games on-site using jDip all the time and it works just fine. :)

Still in.

Thank you to those who stepped out before the game started, updated the original post.

Need two more, any takers? :)

A tentative yes... i certainly have time enough, but my memory of the rules is somewhat hazy at best.

Hi tycoonist, I've added you to the list as unconfirmed for the moment. Regarding the rules, there are a few people here who haven't played before anyway, so I wouldn't be too worried. You should of course re-familiarize yourself with them before we start, they are available online, see this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10017254&postcount=11 for a link.

Please confirm your participation if you do decide to play, we look forward to having you!

Stuck-In-Pi, I also need you to confirm still :)

With tycoonist, we're only short one player, any takers?

Hi tycoonist, I've added you to the list as unconfirmed for the moment. Regarding the rules, there are a few people here who haven't played before anyway, so I wouldn't be too worried. You should of course re-familiarize yourself with them before we start, they are available online, see this post: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10017254&postcount=11 for a link.

Please confirm your participation if you do decide to play, we look forward to having you!

Stuck-In-Pi, I also need you to confirm still :)

With tycoonist, we're only short one player, any takers?

Yeah, I'm happy to play - add me down as confirmed.

Good, now we just need Pi and maybe Bowsling to confirm.

Confirming. when are we starting?

Thanks for confirming Pi and tycoonist!

Welcome to the game Bowsling, if you could just confirm that you've read and accepted the rules here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=10017254&postcount=11 it would be much appreciated.

Additionally, if there is anyone who hasn't yet familiarised themselves with the official rules of diplomacy, please ensure you do so before starting the game. I will not allow turns to be replayed because someone didn't know the rules!

I am going to assume that Bowsling will confirm his participation and will randomly assign the countries later today. The Spring '01 deadline will be the 27th of December at 8:00 EST (GMT -5). This week of course will involve Christmas, so if anyone needs the deadline extended please speak up now. I understand many of you may be involved with family and unable to spend enough time online for Diplomacy.

Finally, unless someone has a serious objection, I'd like to use e-mail as the primary method of communication for this game. Camikaze has mentioned the forum PM system may be inadequate for our needs, so I think e-mail would be the best tool here. Please PM me your e-mail address, or provide a reason here why you don't think we should use e-mail to play!

Thanks!

My email can be reached through civfanatics (click on my name and 'Send email to Camikaze').

(I don't mind PMs either, it's just that inboxes may not have enough room)

Thanks everyone for the confirmation and for the e-mail addresses. Still waiting on addresses from Lord Iggy and Bowsling.

Additionally, you can simply enable the ability for members to send you e-mail via this forum if you'd prefer that option.

One more thing, I've drawn everyone's country (again, this was done at random). The countries are as follows:

Mathew - Turkey
Camikaze - Italy
choxorn - Russia
Lord Iggy - England
Stuck in Pi - Germany
tycoonist - Austria
Bowsling - France

If we don't get the remaining e-mail addresses by tomorrow I will likely extend the first deadline based on the fact that the initial negotiation phase is perhaps the most important. With it already running over Christmas I don't want the lack of communication to be a problem and cause people to not hammer out deals/alliances and such. Once I have received all the e-mail addresses I will distribute them in one mass message.

Thanks and good luck :D

I don't see why forum PMs wouldn't work... in all of my Online Diplomacy games before, emails have been kind of unnecessary. I will be sure to keep my PM box open.

The only real problem with forum PMs is that if the PM inbox fills up then a player could become unreachable if that is their only method of contact. Additionally, sending out messages to all players becomes more difficult :)

That being said, if you don't want to give out your e-mail address I can't say I blame you. We just need to know Bowsling's preferred method of contact and if it's e-mail than his e-mail address and we can begin :)

I don't want to give out my email, but will make a point of keeping my inbox open.

Top Bottom