DLC 05 anticipation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any speculations on if the Dlc from Africa or southeast Asia will come first and which one will contain 2 leaders?
I guess that DLC 06 will have two leaders and DLC 05 just one. Since I think that the Africa DLC will have two leaders, I guess that the SEA civ will come first.

So, any guesses as to how likely it is that the first four DLC will go on sale when DLC 05 comes out? I was hoping that would happen with the steam summer sale, but, alas, no.

(I know, the deluxe edition is on sale, but I already own the base game and have no need for another copy of the base game.)

So, any guesses as to how likely it is that the first four DLC will go on sale when DLC 05 comes out? I was hoping that would happen with the steam summer sale, but, alas, no.

(I know, the deluxe edition is on sale, but I already own the base game and have no need for another copy of the base game.)

Maybe. It looks like Vikings and Poland have only gone on sale once, 2 weeks before Persia/Macedon came out. The others haven't been on sale yet.

I was thinking about picking up some of the XCOM 2 DLC in the sale, yet it turns out the individual DLC's aren't discounted, only the season pass is, and those have been out for over a year :undecide:

I'm actually beginning to wonder if this isn't some kind of bizarre 2k enforced sales policy and that one time Poland and the Vikings were on sale was some kind of anomaly, if so, it's certainly not going to do them any favours in regards to the ongoing 'overwhelmingly negative' reviews the DLC has been getting :rolleyes:

I was thinking about picking up some of the XCOM 2 DLC in the sale, yet it turns out the individual DLC's aren't discounted, only the season pass is, and those have been out for over a year :undecide:

I'm actually beginning to wonder if this isn't some kind of bizarre 2k enforced sales policy and that one time Poland and the Vikings were on sale was some kind of anomaly, if so, it's certainly not going to do them any favours in regards to the ongoing 'overwhelmingly negative' reviews the DLC has been getting :rolleyes:
Yeah, I don't know what the usual timeline is, but I'm fearing they may wait until the first expansion for a good sale. Even though I'd happily give them positive reviews if I could buy all four for forty percent off right now. Unfortunately for me, I'll probably cave and start paying full price once I've finished games with every vanilla civ in another month or two.

I have just realized something which might support some ground on the "third leader"!

One thing that has been bugging me a lot sincd Civ6's release is the fact that they changed the colours of some Civs since the preview builds and didn’t fully changed China's icon on the main menu / staging room. China was the typical bold green and white like in Civ5 but before release they changed it to an ancient "lemongrass" green and white.

Perhaps they have not changed it because they are just going to reused the bold green and white for a newer (or at least, not ancient) Chinese leader and then replace Qin's with the correct icon in the correspondingly patch.

I like to think this is the reason or a clue because that little graphic gets on my OCD and I hope they correct it at some point one way or another (only a small thing but it should bean easy fix, shouldn't it?)

I have just realized something which might support some ground on the "third leader"!

One thing that has been bugging me a lot sincd Civ6's release is the fact that they changed the colours of some Civs since the preview builds and didn’t fully changed China's icon on the main menu / staging room. China was the typical bold green and white like in Civ5 but before release they changed it to an ancient "lemongrass" green and white.

Perhaps they have not changed it because they are just going to reused the bold green and white for a newer (or at least, not ancient) Chinese leader and then replace Qin's with the correct icon in the correspondingly patch.

I like to think this is the reason or a clue because that little graphic gets on my OCD and I hope they correct it at some point one way or another (only a small thing but it should bean easy fix, shouldn't it?)

They did the same thing with France. CdM has light blue with cream, but the menu icon is royal blue with yellow.

Why do I feel like we will easily get to 2500 posts before the first look?

Because this thread goes fast while Firaxis doesn't.

Here's somebody on Steam Discussion with an interesting idea supporting the inclusion of Indonesia.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/289070/discussions/0/1327844097113490753/?ctp=13#c2592234299533969815

Basically, the TSL map has a ready-made start position for Indonesia. It would be interesting to apply that logic to Africa and see which area of the continent looks ready-made for a start, other than Kongo and Egypt.

a) for some reason Kongo starts a bit too far south and thus makes a TSL start for Zulus suboptimal
b) Mali would be rather close to Kumasi
c) Ethiopia would have room to expand, Egypt is not too far away in the north though. The nile is on the map and I think a luxury as well.
d) Morocco and Carthage would have more space in Africa, but would be close to Spain and Rome, iirc I founded a city in what would be Tangiers in my games because of the nice strategic location and nearby luxuries.

I've been out of the loop and haven't been keeping up with the latest news and gossip here. Are we looking at a mid-July release most likely? Or August?

I would note that currently Australia's main issue when playing TSL is a lack of expansion choices simply due to amenities (not that it's anywhere near debilitating, considering the advantages that also come with their position). Indonesia is a very common spot for me to expand to when I play as them. The inclusion of Indonesia there might be a bit of a nerf to Australia as a result, cutting off a key path to settle onto the mainland and into amenities. Though, I imagine it may make it easier for Australia to trade for some.

I've been out of the loop and haven't been keeping up with the latest news and gossip here. Are we looking at a mid-July release most likely? Or August?

Mid-july looks good at the moment, but I'm starting to suspect it might run later in the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom