DLC Modpack Repository

Is it possible for a 34-civ version to be made? The 43 civ mod makes the game have way too many civs and not nearly enough city-states.

Like always - Thanks for these awesome mods!
After the last update (2-5-22) the 43 civ doesnt work for me anymore. Is anyone else having this problem? Any ideas on how I can fix it?

Last edited:
Hey, new to the forums here, got a question for you.

I've been trying to make a 22 Civs game with my friends on a Play The World map. We all installed the modpack, and the map .lua. And it all seemed to go fine. We got some desync problems, but I saw those mentioned earlier in this thread and I think we can fix those with syncing up all our files correctly and chilling the barbarians and/or removing events (right??).

My question is: How do I make an online lobby with 22 Civs? Without this modpack it's fine, because I've edited the Civ5Worlds.xml so the default player count is 22 for all map sizes. But this modpack overrides the Civ5Worlds file, and whenever I make an online lobby with this installed, the maximum "slots" for civs in the lobby is 12 (on Huge size). It's probably an easy way to fix this, and I'm being an idiot, but can anyone help?

Thanks

Hey, new to the forums here, got a question for you.

I've been trying to make a 22 Civs game with my friends on a Play The World map. We all installed the modpack, and the map .lua. And it all seemed to go fine. We got some desync problems, but I saw those mentioned earlier in this thread and I think we can fix those with syncing up all our files correctly and chilling the barbarians and/or removing events (right??).

My question is: How do I make an online lobby with 22 Civs? Without this modpack it's fine, because I've edited the Civ5Worlds.xml so the default player count is 22 for all map sizes. But this modpack overrides the Civ5Worlds file, and whenever I make an online lobby with this installed, the maximum "slots" for civs in the lobby is 12 (on Huge size). It's probably an easy way to fix this, and I'm being an idiot, but can anyone help?

Thanks

I may be overlooking something, but can't you just Add/Remove civ slots from the default once you start the lobby? The default is only there to save you time. Do you mean the maximum is still 12 (Adding/Removing can't go past 12) ?

Those instructions are so confusing. (Might need some edits in my opinion)
So i put modpack in DLC folder. What is next step to 43 civs?
I deleted CP-only and NO-EUI folders. What should i do next?
I need to make it work with multiplayer.

Yes, same problem for me.
Can you compile an other version for people want max 32-34 civs for more city-states ?
You gotta go to xml CIV5Worlds
D:\Games\Sid Meier`s Civilization V\Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo
Find your map size and change CS to number you need (Minor civs). But maximum of civs is 63. (either 43+20, or 41 + 22 and everything what's between)

No that's hardcoded into the dll.
This file don't change the max numbers of civs you can play, we talk about the fact that with 43 major civs slots reserved you can't play with more than 20 minor civs because of the 63 civs slots limitation, even if you choose to play with less than 43 civs.
That's why I ask if a dev of vox populi can compile an other version with 32 or 34 major civs slots, if this is just a variable to change that's can be made easily I think.

I thought it's coded into game's source. At least that is what developer of 43 civs dll said.

No that's hardcoded into the dll.
This file don't change the max numbers of civs you can play, we talk about the fact that with 43 major civs slots reserved you can't play with more than 20 minor civs because of the 63 civs slots limitation, even if you choose to play with less than 43 civs.
That's why I ask if a dev of vox populi can compile an other version with 32 or 34 major civs slots, if this is just a variable to change that's can be made easily I think.

Not going to happen - the 43-civ version of the DLL requires a slew of LUA compatibility files to work. If you truly want it you can download the repo and compile it for 34 civs yourself. 43 is the happy medium between vanilla and max.

G

Not going to happen - the 43-civ version of the DLL requires a slew of LUA compatibility files to work. If you truly want it you can download the repo and compile it for 34 civs yourself. 43 is the happy medium between vanilla and max.

G
OK, any hints for the modifications to do ? :) I already have clone the repo and compile the solution successfully because I have another modifications I want to do in progress.
I will look into the differences into the UI files of the CP 43 folder with a compare plugin but for the variable to change in the DLL a little help will be great if not too much asked. ;)
I will share it for anyone of course because for me, and I'm not the only one at what I can read here, 43 major civs is not the happy medium between vanilla and max, it's literally the double and it limit the max number of CS to much, but question of flavor.

Last edited:
I've installed the CPP EUI version, however, I noticed when I run the mod, that unlike when playing Vox Populi. I no longer start with a pathfinder. Is there a way to use the latest version of Vox Populi Multiplayer like this?

I've installed the CPP EUI version, however, I noticed when I run the mod, that unlike when playing Vox Populi. I no longer start with a pathfinder. Is there a way to use the latest version of Vox Populi Multiplayer like this?

Is the official modpack getting an update soon?

Here is the latest modpack (it is not the latest version of the mod) :
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/7-19-17-innovative-tamaranian-modpack.620131/

ElliotS' modpacks don't work for me, they won't let me build anything on turn 1

Top Bottom