DLL - Various Mod Components

V36 with code support for Putmalk's Civ IV Diplomacy Features and Gazebo's City State Diplomacy mods

how come both mods say v1 the Civ IV Diplomatic Features mod is up to v10? do you need both these mods for it to work with the DLL?? :confused:

Which flavor of the City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World mod (DLL or no DLL). I assume since this post is on the DLL forum it the DLL but we all know what assume mean.....

Why would I add code support to my DLL for the non-
DLL version of CSD?

Hi Whoward

Sorry for questioning your answer but AFAIK CSD comes in two versions that are essentially the same, only one of them doesn't have the dll file included. Since you can't have two dll at the same time CSDs dll file would have to be removed in order to play with your CSD-compatible dll file, right?

If so that would mean that it's probably easier to just use the non-dll version of CSD.

\Skodkim

Would you consider looking into another solution for future releases?

V36 should also fix the Plots table issue. You'll still need to manually delete the CustomModDbUpdates.xml file manually if using CEP, but the DLL code should now handle it being missing gracefully.

V36 should also fix the Plots table issue. You'll still need to manually delete the CustomModDbUpdates.xml file manually if using CEP, but the DLL code should now handle it being missing gracefully.

Super! :) Really looking forward to using the (combined) dll.

\Skodkim

There's nothing new in V36 except the CivIV Diplo and CSD code, in which case you want this thread

Trying to track down an error ...

In lua.log

Code:
[xxxxx.yyy] Runtime Error: attempt to call a nil value

I know it's in one of 157 of my mods! So if you use only a few (say 15 or less) of my mods and you're seeing the same message, can you let me know which mods you're using as I really can't be bothered to "binary chop" 157 mods to track it down!

TIA

W

V38 (the version with the CSD and CivIV Diplo Features code-base merge) has been pushed to my web-site and GitHub

Note: V36 and V37 where NOT uploaded to GitHub

I have a basic question. I am using BNW on a Mac. When I attempt to activate the "DLL - Various Mod Components" Mod, there is a red warning that tells me that the mod is not compatible with this version of the game. What am I doing wrong? How can I resolve this and use the mod? Thank you for explaining this to me.

@billm1253: The DLL is a compiled file only compatible with MS-Windows (the Mac equivalent is a .dylib file or some such I think), so the mod (or any other mod that includes a .dll file) will never work on a Mac.

Do you still support the functionality of this?
Code:
GameEvents.PlayerCanHaveBelief(function(iPlayer, iBelief) return true end)

Unlike the other similar game events (CanBuild, for instance), iPlayer isn't defined (but iBelief returns the belief correctly). I wonder if this was intentional, or if functionality depreciated alongside your Civ Specific Religions mod that utilized it.

Thanks.

By "isn't defined" I'm assuming you mean "has a value of -1"

It's because the Game.GetAvailablePantheonBeliefs() calls in ChoosePantheonPopup.lua and ChooseReligionPopup.lua need to be Game.GetAvailablePantheonBeliefs( Game.GetActivePlayer())

BUT, the "better" solution is to simply test iPlayer for -1 in the event handler and if so assign it to the active player

iPlayer = (iPlayer == -1) and Game.GetActivePlayer() or iPlayer

@Whowhard69: Sorry, don't know if i should post it here or in the other thread (combined DLL).
I saw that you combined the 34 Civs dll with your composite DLL /civ 4 feature /city state.
In the other thread you said you wouldn't do that. But in the last update i saw this awesome update! :D
Did you by chance changed idea about that? Or i'm missing some new posts? O.o
I was not waiting for the 34 dll one, (even tho' it's well accepted especially for people who lack an expansion), but seeing that you did that i'm starting to have some hope for the 43 dll one! Will you do it for people like us that would like to use all your awesome mods along with all civilizations together? :)

EDIT: I actually saw you posted the 34 Civs dll on november, so i suppose it doesn't include the civ 4 feature and city state dlls.
Anyway, will you do the 43 civs merge just with your normal composite dll? (even tho' leaving out the city states and civ 4 feature ones?)

@paul92: Just to clarify, the 34/43 civ dll is NOT a merge of Gedemon's code (which only works for maps and not map scripts) but a complete re-work to encompass both maps and map scripts.

The code-base just needs one edit and a complete re-compile, and then a build of the mod, etc, etc, etc - which is just a PITA. If v38 proves stable, I'll consider doing both a standard (22 civ) and extended (43 civ) build for v39

Do you still support the functionality of this?
Code:
GameEvents.PlayerCanHaveBelief(function(iPlayer, iBelief) return true end)

Either I'm discovering that this does not work for non-Pantheon beliefs, or I'm doing something wrong. Could you confirm if the former?

Top Bottom