1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DLL - Various Mod Components

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Nov 4, 2012.

1. d0minus

d0minus Chieftain

Waste of time... :( Moderator Action: snip

Moderator Action: d0minus, you have taken this too far. WHoward69 has tried to assist you; I have deleted some of your comments as they are flaming another member of this community. I realise you are new here, but this is NOT the manner in which we expect our members to act.
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

But apparently not posts #233 or #252 (both of which come up via Google "civ 5 city working distance")

3. d0minus

d0minus Chieftain

Whats the meaning "Global" then... rhetorical question:rolleyes:

4. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi Whoward

Just noticed that City State Diplomacy includes CityStateDiploPopup.lua from v 15.

I suppose that will make incompatible with Global - City States Gifts (BNW) (v 3)?

\Skodkim

5. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

The CityStateDiploPopup.lua/xml changes are only for adding which majors (if any) are protecting the CS, so those two files could be deleted from "Global - City States Gifts (BNW)" with no loss of gifting functionality.

Changes to CityStateGreetingPopup.lua/xml would be much harder to merge as the DLL changes the assignment of the values in the data structure passed to it.

6. Krajzen

Krajzen Deity

Hey whoward, recently I have pretty ridiculous problem with DLL version 36 and Passable Forts...

...while all other DLL mods work (razing capitals, deleting roads and so on), only this one doesn't work, whatever I try to do?

What the heck? ;)

Oh, and it worked in the past - it probably collides either with other mod (???) or something is wrong with my version 36 : d

7. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

The DLL was changed to no longer look for Forts/Citadels by name but to check a field on the Improvements table - this means that someone could create an actual canal improvement (complete with graphics) and the code would be able to handle that as well / instead of forts.

The "Global - Passable Forts" micro-mod was updated at the same time (to correctly set the new field for Forts and Citadels), so I'm guessing you have an out-of-date one of those.

8. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

V39 has just been uploaded to both my web site and GitHub.

Also a build of the 34 civ version of the DLL. And within that mod there is a 43 civ version of the dll which if you want to use it you'll need to manually rename the .dll files within the mod.

9. Subotai777

Subotai777 Warlord

Can I use your 43 civ version in Gedemon mod that was not working on latest patch?And If I can,what file to copy/rename to Gedemon YetNotAnotherEarthMap mod?

10. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

No. The dll you want is in post #1433 here

11. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

V40 has been uploaded to my web-site, also to GitHub and 34/43 variant (seepost #528 above) - minor code change to fix a bug introduced in the merge with CSD 15.6

12. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Hi W

Just tried UI - Gold Alerts (v 7) and its great. So small and simple yet it makes the game much easier to manage.

Would it be possible to a similar thing with Faith? Kind of like the Automatic Faith Purchase only I just want the reminder/pop up.

Edit: Or is this the way "Remind me leter Works" now - also for Buildings, other units, ..?

\Skodkim

13. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Kind of

"Remind me later" will send a notification (IIRC) when you have enough faith to buy anything, this works well if you don't want your next pagoda in the next city but want to place it yourself, but if a unit is cheaper than the building you will get the notification when you have enough faith for the unit but not when you've got enough for the building.

14. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Aaah, you're right. Now I remember. I really, really like your method though. It's much more flexible, so I guess that's a request for a component :)

\Skodkim

15. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

I'm thinking it would be better if the current "remind me later" sent a notification at every boundary and not just the first. So if a missionary costs 280, a pagoda 300 and a cannon 450 you should get a notification at 283 (say) and if you ignore that you should get another at 305 (say) and if you ignore that a final one at 467 (say)

16. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Fine by me (actually more then that!). Some people may be annoyed by it but you can propebly make it optionable :)

\Skodkim

17. Colin

Colin Warlord

Great mod, thanks for putting the time in to produce something so customizable. I do have a few questions:

1. If I have enabled the main DLL mod in game, do I also have to enable all the other mods from the picknmix site I have downloaded, or does the main dll 'activate' them automatically (provided they have been selected in the custommodoptions.xml)? I ask because I have downloaded about 40 of the picknmix mods and it takes an age to activate them all in-game (and deactivate if I want to play unmodded!)

2. Is it correct that the Danish longboat mod does not replace any of Denmark's existing UUs? On the civ selection screen the longboat doesn't appear as a UU, is it instead a 3rd UU?

3. Can the dll be used with infoaddict?

Thanks!

18. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

By design everything "game changing" in the DLL is off - the "micro-mods" switch features on. If you want to quickly switch between modded and unmodded
    1. Start Civ
    2. Enable all the mods you want
    3. Exit Civ
    4. In the sub-directory C:\Users\{username}\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache rename the Civ5ModsDatabase.db file to MODDED_Civ5
      ModsDatabase.db
    5. Start Civ, no mods will be enabled
    6. Exit Civ
    7. Copy the Civ5ModsDatabase.db file to UNMODDED_Civ5
      ModsDatabase.db

Before starting Civ, make sure you have the correct modded or unmodded .db file as the Civ5ModsDatabase.db

It's an extra UU (so Denmark has three uniques) - only two will show on the setup screens, but all three are available (you can see this in the Civilopedia)

Don't know, don't use it.

19. skodkim

skodkim Deity

Yes!

\Skodkim

20. espence

espence Chieftain

I can't find any reference to the range 3 targetting bugfix in the latest CustomModOptions.xml. Did this get removed? Was it fixed in a patch?

Thanks for the great mod!