• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

DLNESI - Godwin's Law: Preview

Interesting.
If you guys start Japan, I'll be the Emperor or something, because we all know that he was the MAN in Imperial Japan. :lol:

You are anyone of importance, i.e. a minister, a general, an admiral, a head of some sufficiently major state organisation, etc.

Though it may be best to restrict the initial sign-ups to the higher echelons of power and some of the more important opposition factions if such are allowed; then, once those are more or less filled up, allow the lesser positions to be taken. Ofcourse, we are talking of de facto power and not de jure here; the Japanese Prime Minister is, as of 1939, relatively negligible.

Yep. We're planning on restricting the initial sing-ups to those since that way it'll be more interesting and dynamic and all that fun stuff. We like factions and intra-country bickering; it makes it all the more dramatic.

I will join this, of course. A few questions though...

1. What kind of map setup? Regular?
2. How do you send orders for a character?
3. Wouldn't the head of state of Britain/Germany/Japan have to be taken at all times for NES purposes?
4. How do you and weird-name-boy plan on divvying up the mod responsibilities?

1. Maps I envision as a blown up map of Europe (and if we include Japan) and China. You can get nitpicky with the details of troops and stuff, I suppose. :p

2. Well, like, if you're a head of state, you'd give orders on how to run the country and stuff, if you're a general you'd send orders on tactics and whatnot, etc. We're not saying things like "at 5:00 PM Adolf Hitler goes to the restroom and spends exactly 1 minute there."

3. Yes, pretty much. :p If we must we could NPC it, I guess, but it's so much more fun when there's a veritable player.

4. I get to write the updates since I'm the native English speaker; I also get to have fun trying out my rudimentary map skills. Weird-name-boy will figure out what happens since he's the military tactics guy.

And huzzah, people are showing some form of interest. We'll work on the actual rulesets and stuff and run some polls and whatnot out.

Interesting.
If you guys start Japan, I'll be the Emperor or something, because we all know that he was the MAN in Imperial Japan. :lol:

Shoo noob, if I ain't going nazi, I already got dibs on Showa ;).

I may be interested in Theodor von Hippel (Edit: Head of Abwehr Section II which was in charge of covert actions and German commando(e)s).

Alternatively, if someone of higher stature is needed, I have no qualms about someone else, Hermann Göring, as an example, since I don't think anyone has mentioned wanting to play him.

After a discussion, due to the fact that this is like a test NES, we're going to limit the area to Europe. Yes, that means no Japan, but there'll be parts of North Africa shown (who can forget Erwin Rommel?). Sorry guys.

Also, you may not play as anything other than generals or admirals and head of state.

Head of State will send orders just like any other NES. (Spendings, blah, blah)
Generals and Admirals will send orders only on tactics, or stuff that has to do with your division (brigade, fleet, wte). Head of States will not turn in tactical orders: they can although order his generals around.

Head of State will like build tanks and GIVE them to the generals (like "You, General #1, you'll take these 40 tanks and go to France! You'll be called 1st Division!") Head of State will also give ranks to his/her generals/admirals.

Also, this is just an idea, but i guess someone can play as Gestapo Leader or something. hahaha (that'll have substantial orders)

That's the update.

"As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

After a discussion, due to the fact that this is like a test NES, we're going to limit the area to Europe. Yes, that means no Japan, but there'll be parts of North Africa shown (who can forget Erwin Rommel?). Sorry guys.

Also, you may not play as anything other than generals or admirals and head of state.

Head of State will send orders just like any other NES. (Spendings, blah, blah)
Generals and Admirals will send orders only on tactics, or stuff that has to do with your division (brigade, fleet, wte). Head of States will not turn in tactical orders: they can although order his generals around.

Head of State will like build tanks and GIVE them to the generals (like "You, General #1, you'll take these 40 tanks and go to France! You'll be called 1st Division!") Head of State will also give ranks to his/her generals/admirals.

Also, this is just an idea, but i guess someone can play as Gestapo Leader or something. hahaha (that'll have substantial orders)

That's the update.

This has been done alot of times before, but each time the mod bails :p

Yeah, it didn't work out. So we don't want to expand this too big for us to handle. Maybe after a while, we can have bigger setting.

I will be Admiral Sir Andrew Cunningham.

British.

Here's the breakdown so far:

Britain(10):
Germanicus
Fuschia
Azale
Thlayli
Lord Iggy
Kal'thzar
~Darkening~
Toltec
Silvara Thirrol
Nuclear Kid

Germany(8):
das
JosefStalinator
The Strategos
Insane Panda
Dachspmg
flyingchicken
Crezth
mr pwner

Unknown(1):
carmen510

Total: 19 Players

A feature that we're proposing adding:

Fog of War and Hidden Statistics: You'll have to use scouts to determine where the enemy is. Plan ambushes! You'll also have to use spies to determine statistics of the enemy and such. This should bring some complexity to gameplay and such.

Furthermore I'll be working on the rules on and off. I'll have a draft up sometime. Then, if we're all happy with the ruleset, we'll have to make stats for the countries...and then I'll need to make a map...and then we'll be good to go!

Top Bottom