DMI V - Fata Morgana (BtS)

lurker comment

Too bad that "Greyox and the search of the Holy BtS" saga ended :p

oo, oo! I get to be Sir Robin!!

. . . pholk piddled his pants/ he wet his drawers/ he ran quite fast/ from approaching boars . . . :lol:

Okay, I will put up the save tomorrow if not tonight. The Grey Fox will have the honour to open the game with the first 20 turns - for the one who has waited longest will be the first one in the Lord's realm...

Imhotep

oo, oo! I get to be Sir Robin!!

. . . pholk piddled his pants/ he wet his drawers/ he ran quite fast/ from approaching boars . . . :lol:

i want to be Sir Galahad:

Spoiler :

GALAHAD: It's not the real Grail?
DINGO: Oh, wicked, bad, naughty, evil Zoot! Oh, she is a naughty
person, and she must pay the penalty -- and here in Castle Anthrax, we
have but one punishment for setting alight the grail-shaped beacon. You
must tie her down on a bed and spank her!
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!
DINGO: You must spank her well. And after you have spanked her, you
may deal with her as you like. And then, spank me.
VARIOUS GIRLS: And spank me.
And me.
And me.
DINGO: Yes, yes, you must give us all a good spanking!
GIRLS: A spanking! A spanking!
DINGO: And after the spanking, the oral sex.
GIRLS: Oral sex! Oral sex!
GALAHAD: Well, I could stay a BIT longer.

ohhh yeah

The save is available now.

The Roster:

Imhotep >> will enter the game after the 2nd round of turnsets
GreyFox >> UP NOW for 20 turns
berserks01 >> ON DECK for 15 turns

Ozbenno
pindicator
pigswill
tycoonist

Have fun ! :yup:

Imhotep

So, I just got my game and you want me to play the first 20 turns?

Okay, here we go, pop the cherry:

* * * * *​
The Sultan's son, Shahryar, stood in the aftermath ...

"Not so bad ... not all the land tiles are fruitless desert. In fact, I see no desert. Archers! Go explore a bit ... "

The archers scrambled off ... only to find more fruitful land, with lavish trees hanging with ripe bananas.

"So", Shahryar thought, "the god lied. It's not a fruitless desert ... let's rebuild the city here. Now, how am I supposed to find Scheherazade?"

Being his father's son, an evil thought immediately cam upon his mind ...

"Shall I start killing one virgin every night until she shows herself?" ....

* * * * *​

Here is the starting position, we are "graciously" given 2 more archers by the Legendary Builder (read: so expect immediate bloodshed).

In case the screenie doesn't convey it well enough -- we are at the bottom-left corner of the world.

I am inclined to settle in place -- even though moving right would bring us banana ... but we'll lose some productive hills. Plus the original site has river on almost all site of the city, a natural moat in place.

AN alternative is 1N2E to the hill (a truly high defensive site) which will pull in the banana, with decent production. The problem is all the jungle will immediately lower our health from the start, which is already meager on Emperor.

I will continue this 10 hrs later ... you have that much time to change my mind.

If we're looking at free for all AW then I think its worth considering maintaining a low profile at the start. Settle in place and don't go exploring unless we have no visible metals. Let the AIs fight each other while we hide in a corner and build up a bit. With a spot of luck some of the AI warriors/archers will kill each other before they discover us.

Hmm ... the leader list already show the AIs ... so chances are they know of us already. So I guess makes no difference if we scout or not.

But I like settling in place because we are at the corner ... Should we move 1N2E and one of the western hill pops copper/iron, we will be left hanging in the middle. It will be wasteful to put another city there. Waiting for cultural pop will be too long, and forts aren't available until construction (IIRC).

--

1E is good to me. We lose 1 plains hill but gained 1 grass hill back, so not much of a lost there.

"Let's found Istanbul here."

"NO, over there, bananas ..." :drool:

"No over here!"

Shahryar raised his hands in despair ... "Tell you guys, what, why don't you all tell me a story each, whoever tell the best story will decide."

And so began the 1001 Arabian Nights ...

* * * *​

Settled in place, for reason stated above.

Research is set to AH (let there be horses!!! [pray]), and build is set to worker.

Meanwhile, the huts were popped. No free tech :sad:

Met Izzy's scout early ... I decided to gave her a chance to tell me about Ali Baba and the 40 Rapists ... but she is suicidal that she must follow my warrior who turned away.

Result is one dead scout with no story. Apparently, she wasn't interested in Arabian tales, but was busy seeking enlightenment, as usual:

Okay, I shall give you a hand in sending you to the realms of paradise.

That will slow her down a little as she should cower her workers under our archer. This is actually good, since she is on the path of the only land route to us. So other AI would need to fight her before reaching us by land.

The map revealed thus far ... no horse. I am setting research to BW ... and hoping for metals.

>>> The Save (3200BC) <<<​

Spoiler :

Logging by BUG Mod (BtS v3.02) - New Log Entries
------------------------------------------------
Turn 0/500 (4000 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:49:30]
Istanbul founded
Istanbul begins: Worker (15 turns)
Research begun: Animal Husbandry (13 Turns)

IBT:

Turn 1/500 (3960 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:50:40]

IBT:

Turn 2/500 (3920 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:50:58]
Tribal village results: a little gold

IBT:

Turn 3/500 (3880 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:51:23]
Tribal village results: a little gold

IBT:

Turn 4/500 (3840 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:51:46]
Istanbul's borders expand

IBT:

Turn 5/500 (3800 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:52:09]

IBT:

Turn 6/500 (3760 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:52:40]
While attacking in the wild, Warrior defeats (0.92/2): Spanish Scout (Prob Victory: 70.3%)

IBT:

Turn 7/500 (3720 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:53:16]
Warrior promoted: Combat I

IBT:
Buddhism founded in a distant land

Turn 8/500 (3680 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:53:38]

IBT:
State Religion Change: Isabella(Spain) from 'no State Religion' to 'Buddhism'

Turn 9/500 (3640 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:53:54]

IBT:

Turn 10/500 (3600 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:54:14]

IBT:

Turn 11/500 (3560 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:54:30]
Tech learned: Animal Husbandry

IBT:
While defending in the wild, Archer defeats (2.55/3): Barbarian Panther (Prob Victory: 97.4%)

Turn 12/500 (3520 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:54:54]
Research begun: Mining (7 Turns)

IBT:
While defending in the wild, Archer defeats (2.16/3): Barbarian Lion (Prob Victory: 98.9%)

Turn 13/500 (3480 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:56:00]

IBT:

Turn 14/500 (3440 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:56:17]
Istanbul finishes: Worker

IBT:

Turn 15/500 (3400 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:56:36]
Istanbul begins: Barracks (50 turns)
Tribal village results: experience

IBT:

Turn 16/500 (3360 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:57:20]

IBT:

Turn 17/500 (3320 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:57:43]

IBT:

Turn 18/500 (3280 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:58:38]
Tech learned: Mining

IBT:

Turn 19/500 (3240 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:58:54]
Research begun: Bronze Working (14 Turns)
A Farm was built near Istanbul

IBT:

Turn 20/500 (3200 BC) [15-Sep-2007 23:59:37]

Gazelles I expect.

Note the chokepoint sw of Madrid in really poor terrain.

Hmmm....got it for 15.

A quiet turnset for me.

BW came online, and I went straight for IW since we don't have any resources we need to hook up. But it's only a couple of turns in, so feel free to veto it.

Luckily, we have Bronze in our BFC

The settler will finish the same turn we get Bronze hooked up.

On the scouting front, I left the archer where it is and sent the warrior to do more scouting. Unfortunately, he didn't get very far when he encountered a bear and lion. He's now a woodsman I and will finish healing next turn.

Issa has been doing nothing but building archers this round. She's got 4 archers guarding a worker now.

Here's our land with Bronze visible

and to our East

Attachments

• DMI V BC-2600.CivBeyondSwordSave
    46.2 KB · Views: 126
Q: What's that hole in the bottom of your laptop bag Ozbenno?

A: That would be where my memory stick fell out. :blush:

Q: Interesting, what are the consequences?

A: Can play my turns in DMI:V but I can't get a report up. :blush:

Q: Unfortunate, will Imhotep be gracious enough to skip you or bump you down the order?

A: He's a lawyer, so you never know. :D

Sorry guys. I only discovered after I played and went looking for the stick to transfer the pictures and save across.

lurker's comment:
well, there you have it folks ~ yes, there's only ONE memory stick in all of australia :lol:

also, happy belated aussie father's day!

I can't believe it... but yes, I'm gracious and allow you to get a new stick. Meanwhile I guess we could wait for your report as I'm loth to throw your doubtless excellent turns into the bin. Just make sure it doesn't take a week...

Imhotep

Top Bottom