1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

DMI VII - Celebrity Deathmatch

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Succession Games' started by ·Imhotep·, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Conroe

Conroe √∞

:hmm: I don't think I meet this criteria. But if you'll have me, I'll play on Oz's team ...

2. Mighty Dwaarf

Mighty Dwaarf Ginger Beast

Sign me upto the vanilla (OB) team.

3. Ralph_Jackson

Ralph_Jackson Emperor

Wonder how many members of the Vanilla team will suffer the 15 minutes of "now where did I put that Vanilla CD?" I just went through!!!!

Don't worry I have found it - looking forward to goin back to vanilla after exclusively BTS for the last few months!

Ralph

4. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

:lol: :lol:

After reading this, I got out the vanilla case and found it was empty. After a few minutes searching I found the vanilla disk in the warlords case. No idea where warlords is though :confused:

I'm also looking forward to playing vanilla again. :goodjob:

5. Ad Hoc

Ad Hoc Prince

if there is room in the BTS team and you'll have me i'll take a spot.

6. pawelo

pawelo Emperor

:bump:

My only SG open slot hasn't stayed empty more than 24h... :D
    I was waiting for an opportunity like this.
    Going to join my friends r_rolo1 and Trieste if you want me, though not as a captain... Or...

Edit: Though I'm not sure to meet the criteria with my 14 DM posts and 1 RBCiv incomplete thread... :lol:

7. ·Imhotep·

·Imhotep· Legendary Builder

The roster is filling up nicely, only a few open spots are left. We'll need some more on the Warlords Team yet. I'm looking forward to use the Warlords uber-unit - the Trebuchet - to full extent... :D As things are now the SG captains can decide on the last spots on their teams too, if you think a player fits in and is skilled enough you can add him.

Imhotep

8. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

^^Who are you thinking for BtS team leader ( no, not Greyfox :please: ... my backs.... no more :whipped: .... :lol: )? If you can't find someone , I can do it.

9. ·Imhotep·

Well, the Fox is overseas ATM, but I'd bet he will play. I'm not sure in which team he'll want to play, but if it is the BtS team, he'll sure be the Captain :D :D :D . Otherwise I'll heed your proposal I guess :) .

10. stuge

stuge Emperor

If Ozzy is ok with the sixth team member being forced to a reserve role until the holidays, I'd like to give my vanilla disk a dusting. Just be aware that I'll have some time constraints for the next couple weeks.

11. Bindamel

Bindamel Call me Bindy - mel

I would like to play, if you'll have me. Vanilla or BTS is fine, don't own Warlords.

I think I qualify under your rules. I've played three MLGs now, and I'm on my way to my second consecutive RotQM loss! I'm also currently one of the most active posters at Deviant Minds!

12. ·Imhotep·

13. shyuhe

shyuhe Deity

I'd love to play but I'm going to be on winter vacation soon without CIV. I will try to lurk the threads though. Immy - can you set a common check point of 1 AD and 1000 AD for all three threads so that we can get a rough comparison of the games? The players are different on the teams but I think it may be interesting to see the differences in how people play the three versions (particularly rexing speed).

If fractal serves up a pangaea type map, I think the vanilla versions are going to have an unfair advantage :lol: The vanilla cossack rush is scary...

14. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Continent type map would favour Vanilla as well IMHO.... ( conquer continent pre-MilTrad, then Cossack rush the other = Dom )....

P.S How you're going to handle vassals? Vanilla doesn't have it and in BtS there are colonies and uber-maintenace costs to overseas possesions.... IMHO we should keep them, but they may be a big unbalancing factor ( as well as the GG )

15. Ozbenno

Ozbenno Fly Fly Away Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

I think we keep all options on the table. Each version will have advantages and disadvantages. That's part of what I see these games as doing is to identify advantages in the version you're playing.

Happy to have either stuge or Bindy on the team!

16. Lucky1972

Lucky1972 Prince

I am fiding it a bit difficult to get time to play civ this days, but it is even more difficult to stay out of this one. Imhotep, put me in any team you want, please.

17. GreyFox

GreyFox Make it so ...

I guess the special invitation doesn't work when you're on Autoskip for a popular SG series ;) It is okay, I can lurk.

18. ·Imhotep·

So, we're down to two players missing. :goodjob: Didn't think the roster would fill up so quickly. Now it's time for a team decision: Shall we wait for the roster to be filled up entirely or shall we start ?

As for Vassals and such stuff, I'm all for leaving things as they are. After all this is the main point of the concept - to see how the differences of the versions will pan out. I think were in for a very enjoyable game, at least I'm looking forward to it.

As for rallying points I think that is a very good idea. We will compare the games at 500 BC, 1 AD, 800 AD, 1500 AD and 1800 AD (should the games last so long, which I doubt). I beg the SG Captains to write a short summary once they hit the time marks with focus on overall team strategy, research paths, etc. Should be a nice thing to see those comparisons.

Thank you all for signing up, I think the number of players drawn to it in only two days speaks itself for the idea...

Imhotep

19. ·Imhotep·

Now that's a shame :cry: :cry: :cry: . Have I done you any ill I'm not aware of ? Well, at least I hope you'll enjoy the lurk... :)

Imhotep

20. stuge

stuge Emperor

What is the difference between OB04 2.0 and OB04 1.5?

And what the heck do they mean anyway?