DMI XIII - The CTON

Still no news?

I must have played very badly for the Whipping Fox to be stumped.

Thank you for your patience. Turned out I didn't play too many turns due to the tech choice ;)

The delay is not due to pigswill's play, but I have some personal matter to attend to last few days. However, I did made a few changes to the build order to whip away angry citizens, and of-course implementing my poet-plan of producing nothing but maces in the capitol.

Anyway, wealthiest civs, and we are not on top.

Doesn't matter, we would soon correct this once we adopt state property.

Pigswill has also nicely signed out a huge celtic stack ...

I wasn't too sure which of the cities they are aiming for ... so I shadowed it with our cavs. Turns out they are heading for the city in revolt -- Aachen. Attack they did, killing quite a few of our defenders esp due to the massive number of trebs the William brought along with that stack. But then he did not managed to capture Aachen:

And unfortunately for him, it's now my turn. :hammer:

The stack was wiped out, and the battles gave us a Great General, which I merged in our HE city.

Our forces then healed a bit, and moved our for the Huayna's city in southwest. Due to the lack of sieges, I did not capture it.

Well, save some fun for the next player. We definitely have more than enough forces to take it. In fact, if next player feel like it, it should be possible to take the city (with remaining 16% defense) before you press enter, but we might a lose a few units this way though.

Meanwhile, in the west, after repelling a substantial Greek force along the south coast, we marshalled a sufficiently big stack up north and moved out. When we reach the city of Knossos, Cyrus hit us with quite a few cannons.

But that did not stopped us. Here is the reason for bringing along Knights (which is seemingly obsolete).

The knights are immune to the cannons' collateral, and they clean up the lone injured cavs which withdrew from a previous battle easily.

Then it was my turn :hammer:

I have to conserve a bit to recover from the cannon fire. The next turn, the city of Knossos is ours:

This costs Cyrus his second placing, and Fredderick of Spain is now our closest rival in score (and apparently our superior in power, according to the computer :rolleyes:).

We should next regroup a bit, bring an even larger force (which I am happy to say that quite a few maces are heading there ... so next player can choose to promote them to CR rifles or wait a bit more and promote them to CR grenies) and try our best to capture Athens, now that it is within reach. Cyrus has been quite kind in adding all sort of gifts for us in that city, among them, Statute of Liberty and Kremlin Palace are the latest additions.

Research wise, we got a scientist on the same turn we got Liberalism.

He can bulb part of Biology, or he can build the academy in Turfan. Speaking of Turfan, it is building the Oxford. This city is the third highest beaker produce (43, against 44 in capitol and 54 in Old Sarai) but it has no academy. So, it will easily become the highest beaker city once the academy is installed.

This is what I suggest, but I have no problem with bulbing part of Biology nor waiting for 2 more GPs to trigger another Golden Age.

Following Liberalism, I of course pursued Communism.

I see no reason not to revolt immediately, but perhaps other players have a different opinion. Hence, I stopped here, and selected Military Science tentatively. Alternatively, we can go for Railroad (require Steam), as what is limiting our war effort is now the long turns needed to bring units to the front.

And, I must stress: Please, if next player choose Military Science, keep building MACES. These are our final 3 turns to get those nice CR gunpowder units.

Attachments

• DMI XIII AD-1874.CivBeyondSwordSave
    431.3 KB · Views: 50
Finally! Fox - nice report and you are the first SG person that I have seen include my 7-in-1 graph screenshot. SGs were the sole reason that I put together the screen like that - so that you can show lots of graph information from only 1 screenies - instead of having to show 3 or 4 (or more) screenies.

PS: I meant 'finally' about someone showing my 7-in-1, not your report. Cheers!

This actually wasn't the first time I showed these graph ... the first was in PH14, slightly less than a month back, in which I praised the work, and suggested for an improvement to allow user to select which graphs to show (eg. show only power, GNP, and Prod). As someone who knows programing, I do know that is significantly more difficult, so its just a wish, not a demand :D.

PS: I meant 'finally' about someone showing my 7-in-1, not your report. Cheers!

I mean "finally" about both :)
:whipped::whipped::whipped::whipped:

Nice work Fox. I agree with a swap to State Property right away, and agree we should use the scientist on an academy. I'm uncertain about the tech order though...but my instinct is Railroad->Military Science so we have more time to make CRIII maces.

EDIT: This is a 'got it' post, but I won't have turns up until the weekend.

ahh - thx Fox - I hadn't seen those ... guess I wasn't following PH14. Your dialog issues are caused by use expanding the logger to pick up these sorts of interactions. Seems the early attempts missed some of the interaction and caused the screen to not be fully built out.

Re the graphs - say you can select the power, GNP and Prod - how would you like them displayed? As is but just hide the other graphs? The other option is that I set up a 3-in-1 screen and put together some method of selecting the 3 graphs to show.

Looking Good, I think an immediate revolt to State Property is in order, as is taking Athens, Kremlin and Statue will be VERY powerful on this map. I think Railroads is the way to go, then you can just build two very powerful stacks and rally point all cities to one spot on each side so the unit management of this large map and sooo man units is easier.

However do others agree with with setting a rally point? Since it is essentially a go-to order....

@Ruff: of-course it is not just hide the unselected graphs -- the whole point is so that the selected graphs can be rendered in a bigger size by showing only a few instead of all 7. So I imagine it will need to have the logic for 1 graph (1x1, normal non-BUG way), 2-4 graphs (2x2), and 5-7 graphs (3x3).

Back to the game, what do people mean rally point? A goto order when units are built? Or is there a game-mechanics unknown to me :eek: that can allow you to set rally point for each city where produced units would automatically go to (ala RTS-style)? But, I have no problem with either :D

--

Back to the game, what do people mean rally point? A goto order when units are built? Or is there a game-mechanics unknown to me :eek: that can allow you to set rally point for each city where produced units would automatically go to (ala RTS-style)? But, I have no problem with either :D
--

Lurker comment: You got it, Fox. It's very convenient, too: just select a city (by clicking its name/prod/pop band below the city), then shift-right-click somewhere to set a rally point. But don't click anywhere else before, or you'll unselect the city! Move the map with the keyboard (arrows) if needed. Also, rally points are invisible, so you have to remember where they are.

One of the most poorly implemented features, in my opinion.

@Ruff: of-course it is not just hide the unselected graphs -- the whole point is so that the selected graphs can be rendered in a bigger size by showing only a few instead of all 7. So I imagine it will need to have the logic for 1 graph (1x1, normal non-BUG way), 2-4 graphs (2x2), and 5-7 graphs (3x3).
Fox - would value your input on this. Have posted in the 'BUG Charts' thread. Please review and suggest alternatives - if desired :D.

You can also set a continent wide rally point - ctrl-Click on City banner (selects all cities on continent) and then shift-right-click on tile - puts a yellow circle there (which disappears when you release mouse). To move - just repeat the process. To cancel, you have to reset rally point city by city to the city tile - super annoying.

@ruff:

Wouldn't that be a nice improvement for the BUG Team to tackle and incorporate it into the awesome BUG Mod? Better Rally Points? :)

Rally points are invisible unless you select the city linked to the rally point, in which case a yellow circle shows on the map tile where the rally point is.

Rally points are invisible unless you select the city linked to the rally point, in which case a yellow circle shows on the map tile where the rally point is.

This is true -- and it's great if the rally point is 5 tiles away. Look, a yellow circle!

If it's half a continent away, it's effectively useless.

End threadjack (sorry guys).

Latest version of BUG (in SVN) contains a 3-in-1 graph view where you get to select the 3 graphs that are shown.

Top Bottom