Do we DOW CivPlayers?

Do we DOW CivPlayers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CivPlayers have completed two espionage missions against us, spending a total of over 100 EP's against us. The wording of our agreement is ambiguous as to whether or not this is allowed. Do we consider this a breach of our NAP and prepare to attack CivPlayers immediately?

This poll is public and will close after seven days. However, please be aware that we may DOW CP before the end of the poll if that option is winning and a good opportunity presents itself.

to be fair I am quite undecided on this one...

would like hear more about the CivFR situation before decision... especially

1) will they join CP war against us
2) will Poly help us in the way they attack CivFR to cover our backs?
3) what is the stance of UCiv and potential behavior?

If we can't get answers to these questions, I feel this is pretty big gambit if we DOW CP at this time...

I think important is that if we vote yes, that we all are clear on the situation. I feel we could throw the game now...

2metra and I chatted about this earlier today:

YossarianLives:
Was the poll ok?
It didn't include all the options, but I think it hit the main points
2metraninja:
the 3 options were better to be included, but I think the main point is indeed this - do we declare or not
thanks for posting the poll
I for myself I am not decidede yet what to do :(
Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:52 PM

YossarianLives:
Do you think it would not be honorable to declare our NAP void and DOW them?
They have been pretty slimy themselves ever since things started going south between our teams
2metraninja:
yes
they were indeed acting hostile
YossarianLives:
What would our chances look like if we don't DOW them, they finish consolidating WPC lands while hitting us with Espy missions, and then we try to take them on at the same time as CivFr?
2metraninja:
they cant get anything more from WPC
they will most probably lose their only WPC city too
YossarianLives:
We haven't had any pictures for too long. It's hard to have a good vision of what is going on right now
2metraninja:
we have middle option too between just standing and taking the espionage hits and dowing them
we can tell CP we give them 1 reprivie for reading our agreement wrong and if they do it again, then they are breaking our NAP
yes, lately Mack does most of our turns and he dont do screenshots :)
not that I post those which I take either.. :(
I will very soon
MZ encouraged me to dow ot4e
Mack thinks he is doing this because this will give MZ the win
YossarianLives:
Oh really?
MZ wouldn't help us if we DOW?
I keep meaning to log in, but never find the time / opportunity
We are still at war with WPC, I assume
2metraninja:
yes, we are
MZ have NAP with ot4e to t230
thats a lot
YossarianLives:
Yeah...
So are we in the first half or the second half of the timer?
2metraninja:
we play first
just now Mack gave interesting idea
that we ask MZ to give us 30-40 rifles and we jump at ot4e full strength
we will steal Rifling next turn
YossarianLives:
THat sounds perfect
Does MZ have that many rifles to give us?
2metraninja:
he have.
will he give them is different story
MZ is arming serious
he intend to attack CivFR in some 10 turns
he expect us to be there with him
Mack was so mad at ot4e, he wanted we to forget about winning the game and whip/slave huge army and jump at ot4e
YossarianLives:
Why is he so mad? For poisoning our water?
How is CivFr's power looking? Can we hit CP and also have enough to contribute against CivFr?
2metraninja:
he accuses ot4e of playing 2 nations in fact
CIvFR have no real big power
but they can have
I believe we can have enough army to defend against ot4e while send some army to join MZ against french
"some" can be like 50 units, which is not small by any means
YossarianLives:
But does that help us if we are just basically defending on two fronts?
2metraninja:
well, when there is advancing on the french front, we will benefit
plus, we are ruining the tech-trading partner of ot4e
he steals already from them and they research whatever he needs
YossarianLives:
Yeah, that really sucks
2metraninja:
so, we will get some land from french
and we leave ot4e alone
all alone in this cold world
2metraninja:
going to sleep, hardly keep my eyes open

hmm gives some insight, thanks... but still didn't convince me either way...

I think I will abstain, because I can't make clear mind now...

I voted Yes, DOW, right away. But now that I see bistrita is voting against that, and I have logged in and took a closer look around, I am reconsidering. Please disregard my vote for now...

I am not voted yet, but I think I made my opinion on this. Copying this from the CP diplo thread:

We had long chat with Bistrita last night and we both somehow agreed that making war with CP right now will be not good for us.

I wanted to wait to see how technology stealing from Uciv will go, and it went awful. Only 1 out of 5 spies got the thing done, so we ended with the bare minimum of Liberalism. We still have the espionage points against them, but we need to produce new spies, to send them there, to wait 5 turns for max discount, etc, etc, which will take good 8-10 turns. Main thing is we dont have Rifling, so we cant produce, nor draft rifles, we are miles away from Cavalries too. Having said all that, we are not in great position to wage successful war against CP. Yes, we can bleed their noses with surprising preemptive hit, and whoever hits first he hits double, but after this it will be a total mess.

What I think will be best to do is to position armies as if we are to launch attack on CP, and then go tell ot4e when they are locked out of the game by the mod, that we consider they broke the NAP and we are about to attack. When he panics then we allow the idea that we might agree to not attack if he confirm he understand already the clause as it was intended to be and he promises to not make any more missions against us.

BTW, there was an AP vote to stop the war against CP. Ot4e wants out of this messy conflict and to make sure no one can declare him a war by game mechanics in the next 10 turns, so he might be suspicious that we prepare to attack him already, after we did not said even the smallest thing to comment his poisoning.

I did that, you can read the extensive chat I had with Ot4e in the CP diplo thread.

Hi there all of you! im back

After a hard months of work we are finally in production in my last project, so, I guess I will had some free time to get in touch with this game! I will take a look the the rest of the threads

Top Bottom