Do you acknowledge God exists, yet don take the whole 'christianity thing' seriously?

Raw is War?

Soul Reaper
Ok, i was thinking...

If someone asked me: "Do you believe in God" I would say, Yes.

However, i wouldn't really use the term believe, as it just doesn't seem right. I acknowledge he exists, but i never pray, never go to church, or nothing. I don't believe in Jesus, live my life by the bible (intentionally) or actively premote Christianity.

I didn't used to believe in God, but a certain event in my life changed it. However, i have not become some fanatical religious preaching christian.

I could sort of clarify myself further by saying that i acknowldge he exists, but it seems more at a personnal level, outside of religion.

Does anyone else feel this way?

The God of Abraham is my God, but I am more in line with Judaism than Christianity. I feel that Jesus was an amazing man and an prophet of God, but that his story was distorted, exaggerated, and hijacked in order to construct the power structure that is the Roman Catholic Church. I am considering conversion to Judaism.

The God of Abraham is my God, but I am more in line with Judaism than Christianity. I feel that Jesus was an amazing man and an prophet of God, but that his story was distorted, exaggerated, and hijacked in order to construct the power structure that is the Roman Catholic Church. I am considering conversion to Judaism.

You should read Sara Douglases Crusader Series, they are all set in 1066, and about the corruption fo the church, and that angels, well i shouldn't tell you the plot, but very good, and lots to do with god/angels/rich popes.

HOW can you be like that? It seems completely weird to me. Do you want the reassurance of a second life to come but don't are too lazy to go to work?

You're making the assumption that people believe in a god because they don't have the courage to face death, which is at least an overgeneralization.

@ OP in short yes. Allthou I am a Panheist myself I go through the same thing with people trying to lump me in with Hindus etc etc I know what you go through :king:

You're making the assumption that people believe in a god because they don't have the courage to face death, which is at least an overgeneralization.

I can face death, i'm 14 but i don't care if i die, even through i prefer to die later:lol: :lol: .

You should read Sara Douglases Crusader Series, they are all set in 1066, and about the corruption fo the church, and that angels, well i shouldn't tell you the plot, but very good, and lots to do with god/angels/rich popes.

I have studied, extensively, the events of early Christianity. The important event was the Council of Nicea, in 325 CE.

I have studied, extensively, the events of early Christianity. The important event was the Council of Nicea, in 325 CE.

I know, but that book has a different view of god/angels, as angels actually take part in the book

I acknowlege that God does exist as well as take my faith (Roman Catholic Christianity) seriously.

I acknowlege the Moon Monster and take Him seriously.

I acknowlege the Moon Monster and take Him seriously.

Why do atheists feel the need to mock peoples faith?

I mean really.

As for the OP....if you really believe in God, dont you think it would be in your best interests to find out what God expects of you?

To me it seems extremely oxymoronic to 'believe' in God, and then completely do nothing about it.

Why do atheists feel the need to mock peoples faith?

I mean really.

As for the OP....if you really believe in God, dont you think it would be in your best interests to find out what God expects of you?

To me it seems extremely oxymoronic to 'believe' in God, and then completely do nothing about it.

Maybe because God wants them to be themselves, not tools which he could make/do anytime. He wants them to be democratic, not fanatical.

Maybe because God wants them to be themselves, not tools which he could make/do anytime. He wants them to be democratic, not fanatical.

Er...how do you know this? And in my opinion, for what its worth, God wants us to be better than we are.

By the way....Heaven is not a democracy.:rolleyes:

Er...how do you know this? And in my opinion, for what its worth, God wants us to be better than we are.

By the way....Heaven is not a democracy.:rolleyes:

How do you know its not? Yes God does want us to be better, worshipping him all your life doesn't help that. You should just go and do what you want. No one knows that God exists, whether or not he even is human, or whether he can speak.

How do you know its not? Yes God does want us to be better, worshipping him all your life doesn't help that. You should just go and do what you want. No one knows that God exists, whether or not he even is human, or whether he can speak.

It shows your fidelity to God, which he wants.

Yes, if you believe in him, he exists. If you don't, then you're under the illusion that he doesn't exist.

We know he is not human, and he can speak, he spoke to Moses and many other prophets.

It shows your fidelity to God, which he wants.

Yes, if you believe in him, he exists. If you don't, then you're under the illusion that he doesn't exist.

We know he is not human, and he can speak, he spoke to Moses and many other prophets.

Many people do here voices and this could cause that. You are under the illusion that he exists, and why would god care about you when there are so many other races also (not just in our galaxy).

Many people do here voices and this could cause that. You are under the illusion that he exists, and why would god care about you when there are so many other races also (not just in our galaxy).

And your point is....? God called those people with his voice.

You can say I'm under an illusion, or I can say you're burning in hell, what's the difference?

God cares for all of his people on Earth, his kingdom. There is no proof of alien life, if there is, he cares for them too.

Top Bottom