Do you approve of the Appointment of Unregistered Citizen Donsig as Vice President

Do you approve of the Appointment of Unregistered Citizen Donsig as Vice President

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Abstain

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia

This poll is presented to override a Presidential Appointment of Donsig as Vice President. The nomination was posted March 02 05.19 AM CET. Today is March the 07, 05.45. AM CET. Five days have passed and following the rules

This poll is based on five key principles

1. All Officials in the Chain of Command must be registered citizens
2. All nominated, elected and appointed officials must be registered citizens
3. All Officials in the above points 1. and 2. must be registered in the Fanatannian DGVI Citizen Registry
4. Equality of the law, no one should be allowed legal preference. IE.Civanator missed a deadline for the Presidential nomination and could not run.
5. Fanatannia need a swift and fair decision on the matter

The Poll is Private, and will last for a full 48 hours according to Law.

Options are

Yes
No
Abstain

I have added the following Exhibits.
Exhibit A. Daveshacks Announcement on the Appointment of Donsig as VP
Exhibit B. Constitutional Articles, Confirmation Polls, Deputies and Vacancies
Exhibit C Link to the Presidential Thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=112988
Exhibit D Link to Citizen Registry http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=112537
Exhibit E Link to Judiciary Thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=113140
Exhibit F Link to Election Code Breach thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=113678

EXHIBIT A
DaveShack said:
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Donsig as Vice President.

To all the candidates, thank you very much for your interest in this position. :) It was a very difficult choice, I started writing this post several different times, and had written in each of the candidates at one point or another.

March 02. 05.19. AM CET.

Now, five full days following this date.... is March 03. 05.49. AM CET
This means by the overlap of this 48 hour approval poll, we will under all circumstances have activated

This Law has already been violated as Donsig has neither registered or posted the last 5 days. No acceptance, no registry and nothing else written.

b. Should an official fail to post in the DG forum for 3 days in
a thread related to their area without prior notice, the
Judiciary may declare that office Vacant.

This Law will be activated by the expiry date of teh maximum seven day absence with notification (this was not notified) of the approval poll (Expiry Date of Approval poll to coincide on the very hour with the Absence deadline with prior notification, itself broken as such).

2. Vacant Offices
a. An official or Justice may declare themselves to be Absent for
a period of time. This period may not exceed 1 week. During
this time, the deputy or pro-tem will act with all power and
duties of that office, surrendering them to the official or
Justice when they return or at the end of the planned absence,
whichever comes first.

2. Confirmation Polls
a. Confirmation polls are used in certain, specified situations
to challenge the decision of an elected official. Confirmation
polls may be used only when explicitly allowed by law. Any
citizen may create a confirmation poll, should one not already
exist. This poll must be created within 24 hours of the
appointment or decision, and ask the question "Do you approve of the
<description of decision>?", with Yes, No and Abstain option.
If the confirmation poll directly concerns a citizen (e.g.
appointment), this poll is to be private, as it is a form of an
election. The poll will run for 2 days. At the end of the time,
if a majority of the citizens vote "No", the decision is
overturned. Any other result approves the decision.

C. Deputies and Vacancies
1. Deputies
For all positions with deputies, the leader may appoint the
citizen of their choice as their deputy.

2. Vacant Offices
whichever comes first.

c. If a Justice has not posted on any active Judicial matter for
three days, the remaining Justices may declare the Justice
Vacant. If all three Justices fail to post on any active
Judicial matter for 3 days, the President may declare all
Judicial offices Vacant, and immediately appoint a new Chief
Justice.

Invalid poll - posted too late

-- Ravensfire

Too late for what? After the Appointment? Well, what about your need to replace an official that has not been posting for 3 full days, are you going to let that drift or act on it ?

Provolution said:
Too late for what? After the Appointment?
Too late for the poll - read the section you quoted.
provolution said:
Well, what about your need to replace an official that has not been posting for 3 full days, are you going to let that drift or act on it ?
And? What's your point? What does he NEED to post? Not everyone posts everyday, you know. Indeed, a fair number of citizens will never post in the DG outside of the registration thread. Others will post 1 or 2 times a month. Shall we let that drift?

Also, what action should we take? What action can we take?

-- Ravensfire

2. Vacant Offices
whichever comes first.

c. If a Justice has not posted on any active Judicial matter for
three days, the remaining Justices may declare the Justice
Vacant. If all three Justices fail to post on any active
Judicial matter for 3 days, the President may declare all
Judicial offices Vacant, and immediately appoint a new Chief
Justice.

Read this constitutional part on the Vacancy. Officials need to post at least every 3 days, and if they don't, the Judiciary need to ask the President to find a replacement.
So now we are having two parallel cases, one of citizen registry AND the posting requirements by officials, not to mention the notified absence which could have been a secutity vent. A neutral Judiciary would replace the VP in such a situation.

Then post in the Judicial thread to see if the Judiary will consider this position, a deputy position, vacant.

You're having trouble following the very rules you're quoting, you know?

-- Ravensfire

I already did with my Judicial Review. But I am adding in the failed posting as well.
I followed the JR criteria to the letter, and have gotten no response but filibustering, criticism and damage control, but sure, I will add this as well.
I see no moves are done to consider the JR, but see posts all over the place elsewhere, the Judiciary is working against a clarification. If you wanted it Ravensfire, you would have done it days ago, but you kept silent, didnt you....

Provolution said:
I already did with my Judicial Review. But I am adding in the failed posting as well.
I followed the JR criteria to the letter, and have gotten no response but filibustering, criticism and damage control, but sure, I will add this as well.
I see no moves are done to consider the JR, but see posts all over the place elsewhere, the Judiciary is working against a clarification. If you wanted it Ravensfire, you would have done it days ago, but you kept silent, didnt you....

Psst - look at my title - I'm the Public Defender, not the Chief Justice. It's his court.

Now, from what I can tell, his first goal is getting the procedures up and accepted. That's been done.

For the JR's, I'm hoping that he'll post that the JR is accepted. There will be some time for discussion, to allow ALL citizens to participate. See, I don't like to rule immediately on JR's. I want to know how people feel about it. Generally, I wait at least 24 hours, usually a bit longer before I post a ruling on the matter.

There is no conspiracy against you. There is no attempt to filibuster. Strangely enough, we want to handle things in a timely manner. That does not, however, mean immediately.

No offense, but get over yourself - there isn't anyone going after you here, okay?

-- Ravensfire

Well, then it may not really matter, if Donsig does not post in 24 hours. And even if he does, it is a valid case, based on the time spent till now.
Vice President is not a deputy is a consular or Directoral deputy, but 2nd in command.

This poll has been reviewed and is not in accordance with generally accepted polling standards. One of the most important of the polling standards is impartiality in the posting of the poll itself. Simply put, the first post should not contain prejudicial material of any form It may contain a link to a discussion thread, and arguments for or against the action may be entered as subsequent, and thus separate, entries.

Edit: The thread title itself is also prejudicial, plus it also contains a self-contradictory term "Unregistered Citizen". :lol:

Daveshack.

Good that you are so impartial and noble and all that.

Please point out what is the lack of impartiality of the poll. I did not write anything but what is facts, laws, and thread references, please point out specific points that are not impartial. Indeed incriminating evidence is presented, but no position is offered.
I do not make a vote recommendation. Sorry DS, you blew it, and people are watching.

Provolution said:
Daveshack.

Good that you are so impartial and noble and all that.

Please point out what is the lack of impartiality of the poll. I did not write anything but what is facts, laws, and thread references, please point out specific points that are not impartial. Indeed incriminating evidence is presented, but no position is offered.
I do not make a vote recommendation. Sorry DS, you blew it, and people are watching.

Here's how to do it right.

Do you approve of the appointment of Donsig as Vice President?

• Yes
  • No
  • Abstain

private poll, 48 hours.

End of post. Next post you may put any information you want.

Good , thank you for learning me that, and congratulations on earning the unregistered VP 2 more hours.

Moderator, please close this poll , it was reviewed and found invalid by the President/VP Appointer/Polling Commision/Concerned Citizen Daveshack.

Top Bottom