Do you like any AI leader?

Loxas

Chieftain
You probably have a favorite civ to play as. But even when you decide to play as another civ and find the your favorite civ as AI, do you like the leader?

I dislike, to say the least, all leaders in civ vi, I've never felt this playing the previous games, but this time I can't stand their personalities, all of them. I haven't played any of the dlcs civs, so I talking only about the base leaders.

It's not just about them being very aggressive, I dislike them even when they are friendly. Feels like they are always jerks.

I am big on expanding, so Trajan and I are usually best buds (as long as we don't start on top of one another).

I like Gilgamesh, we can get along usually. Also with Peter and sometimes Hojo. Rome might be okay too.

I like CdM. When she breaks into Italian to declare war on me, it really brightens my day.

I like Trajan as long as he doesn't bother me about my territory, Tomyris as long as she likes me, Teddy Roosevelt in general and I always like being next to Catherine, but that's more because getting on her good side is part of my natural playstyle, so she's really easy to defend. I also like Cleopatra as long as she doens't roll Paranoid, like she did my current game (then again, I'm playing Alexander and she declared a joint war on me with the Aztecs who have now become hellinistic, so she won't be bothering me for much longer, probably. Brazil is still in the way though, so they're going down first).

Cyrus! The only civ that I can be friends with, finally someone who not only does not complain when I surprise attack and obliterate my neighbor, he actually likes it!

Trajan is the only one I can normally have a good relationship with, because of his agenda. All of the others seem like maniacs that hate me no matter what, just because ...

Victoria. Her agenda works very well with the system IMO. She'll either love or hate you, and is very clear about why. She's also one of the more dangerous AIs because her love of the folks on her continent makes her one of the few that won't go around disturbing the neighbors for kicks.

I’ll tell you one thing: when Mvemba does his little finger-waving act, I want to put my fist through my monitor. It’s even more infuriating to me than when Gilgamesh says “You mad, bro.”

You guys answering Trajan don't play on deity right? Because I can't stand him denouncing me turn 25 because I leave the land for my enemies to grab, therefore I am very dumb.
Damn man, how many cities you wanna see built by turn 25?

You guys answering Trajan don't play on deity right? Because I can't stand him denouncing me turn 25 because I leave the land for my enemies to grab, therefore I am very dumb.

Of course he's gonna denounce you for that early on. The thing is, later on the game he's easy to befriend.

I don't play on diety, but he does that even on emperor. Still, he's one of the least horrible AI personalities, particularly in second half of the game. But overall, the whole agenda concept is just horribly realized, if you ask me.

I like most AI leaders. But I disabled animations (due to my low graphics card power), so that might change some things. And I can get along well with most leaders if I want to as well. Particularly easy are usually Trajan, Tomyris and Harald. I'm always happy to meet Harald, it works out well in 90% of the time, even if we war in the ancient/classical era. Trouble getting along well sometimes occurs with Mvemba, Qin and Pedro. But I don't really dislike any of them because of that. I can see myself disliking Alexander though.

To be fair, the one leader I really dislike is Qin Shi Huang, though I'm not really a fan of Pericles either. Most are fine imo as long as they don't denounce me all the time. Which typically happens because I am warring, so it's my own fault then. I actually had a game a while ago where I was close to boxed in by several civs, two of them were Trajan and Tomyris. My solution was to have a declaration of friendship with both all the way up to late medieval/early renaissance era, even though they hated one another's guts. By the time they denied my request for the first time I had already started colonizing every empty space of land in the world, and even after that the only war I had with them was when I declared it on Trajan myself because I wanted a naval port at the other side of the continent.

none simply due to the formal war declaration issues currently in the game. Diplomacy is pointless until its fixed.

none simply due to the formal war declaration issues currently in the game. Diplomacy is pointless until its fixed.

That's not true. If you play a peaceful game you'll get declared war upon a handful times at most if you bother with diplomacy. In my most recent peaceful game I got declared war upon once in classical era by Montezuma, once in medieval era by Germany and a few times throughout the game by Poland, but that mostly had to do with me having captured a city from them in the first war and not returning it. And I knew she was the only one who might declare war on me so I had my army ready to send hers running with their tails between their legs as soon as she attacked, until the 4th time or something I simply conquered the three cities she had.

My absolute favourite is Victoria. She always cheers me up. And her tempers and fits, when she's cross or denouncing, are extra cute. Outstanding job by the animators :goodjob:. I like how she sounds too.
Catherine de Medici also makes me smile more often than not with her manners and occasional slipping into Italian. I can't hold too big a grudge against Philip and Harald as well - they are too funny even when they're angry.

And the guys I find very hard to stomach are Peter and Mvemba. They are really asking for it just by showing up...

Top Bottom