Do you think there will be a Total War: World War

I would like it if they made a 'Thirty Years War: Total War' going from the Reformation to the War of Spanish Sucession. It would bridge the gap between MEdieval and empire.

And also miss the Italian Wars, which is the most interesting series of conflicts in history to me, and thus would make me very sad.

God no, I hated the episodic campaigns. There's just no feel of conquering the world when you're stuck in a little piddly part of it.

Well then, you're going to need to make a map that is at least twice the size of ETW's map. Cause you need to include everything from Japan to Poland.

And also miss the Italian Wars, which is the most interesting series of conflicts in history to me, and thus would make me very sad.
It wouldn't be that hard to lump it in there. The Italian Wars were around 1515, right? They would just need some scripting to get the reformation going.

They kinda tried to put the Italian Wars into M2TW, but it didn't take very well.

They kinda tried to put the Italian Wars into M2TW, but it didn't take very well.

It's because there's only three Italian factions, and the rest can be gobbled up without repercussion. Florence, maddeningly enough, is one of the latter, despite having the financial power comparable to the House of Habsburg in that era.

I don't know how Activision (and other game designers responsible) will make a TW game based on WWI or a WWII. Even if they did, a lot of players will be relying on artillery and planes. Spam FTW! :nuke:

Activision has nothing to do with the Total War franchise (thankfully). The Creative Assembly is owned by SEGA.

So Activision no longer works with Creative Assembly? I didn't know. I just remember seeing Activision when I load RTW. I forgot about SEGA and Creative Assembly. It's because I always skip the intro and I see activision first.

So Activision no longer works with Creative Assembly? I didn't know. I just remember seeing Activision when I load RTW. I forgot about SEGA and Creative Assembly. It's because I always skip the intro and I see activision first.

CA was a part of Activision when RTW was made, but they moved to SEGA prior to releasing M2TW.

Hell, Barbarian Invasion was released under Sega.

There's already a "Bush: Total War" game. It's called "spending more than 30 seconds on CFC Off-Topic."

I think the next one is gonna be Bush: Total War.

(let's hope not!!!!)

Guys, he's new! Welcome to Civ Fanatics Forums Tyranid77. :cheers:

I guess he's referring to a TW based on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. And I would guess that the Taliban insurgents would have the ability to hide anywhere, otherwise they would be crushed in such a game simulation. :lol:

Guys, he's new! Welcome to Civ Fanatics Forums Tyranid77. :cheers:

I guess he's referring to a TW based on the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. And I would guess that the Taliban insurgents would have the ability to hide anywhere, otherwise they would be crushed in such a game simulation. :lol:

Oh I got that. I just don't get the joke.

Top Bottom