Does your favorite faction's ideology match your own

Does your favorite faction's ideology match your own?

• Yes. I like to play the good guy

Votes: 54 56.3%
  • No. I like to be the most evil human on Planet

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • No. I just go pick at random

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • No. Gee, It just a game! I go for the faction with best advantages!

Votes: 22 22.9%

• Total voters
Where's the option for "Yes. I like to be the most evil human on Planet." :p

Seeing how I took Yang's idealogy from Alpha Centauri and adopted it as my own, founding an organization dedicated to spreading it on Earth...I'll have to say it matches.

I always play as the spartans, but ideologically I do not agree with any of them

Ideologically, a slightly less psychopathic and slightly more Gaian version of the University. The other five I would burn alive. Repeatedly, if possible.

Ideologically, I agree with:

-- University
-- Conciousness
-- Gaians
-- Peacekeepers
-- Caretakers
-- Free Drones

They are also my favorite factions (with the exception of the Free Drones and not in that order).

Just an aside -- it's hard to agree with the Cult, isn't it?

Originally posted by Halcyon
Ideologically, a slightly less psychopathic and slightly more Gaian version of the University. The other five I would burn alive. Repeatedly, if possible.

Including the peacekeepers? They're not many people's favorites, but there's not much to dislike about them either. They're pretty nondescript.

Peacekeeper thats me. But I disignedmy own faction I am Brown of the Razor Angels becouse I dont like to involve myself with the wrong faction. Razor angels is like a beefed up university/gians but with a rediculacely bad military thats quite hopeless unless they employ mindworms

I like playing all the factions, but I have most fun playing the ones that I agree with, namely the Gaians, Peacekeepers, and perhaps a couple others.

I love playing as the morgains. Being a managment major in college, I can relate to them. I normally get along with the gaians in my games...if they prove to be a powerful force I set my economics to green for awhile...at least until I can take them out...or they get reduced down in numbers by other wars...then it's right back to free market.

In most of my games, the spartians always are a major player, which is good, because I always am ahead of them technology and resource wise. I may need more units to bring their towns down but I love rushing a punishment sphere in every new city I take.

Gotta love punishment spheres. ;)

I like playing the Spartans and agree with them.
Hate the Believers from the bottom of my heart.
I *ALWAYS* try to annihilate them if possible.
In fact Id rather discard the game than make peace with them.
The others cause me no problems.
Kind of like the Hive and Morgans (just a tinsy bit).

-- The right to bear arms is the right to be free. --

I simply added my own faction (the name should be easy to guess: just look to the left of the screen :) ). I made it to have all the advantages, and I like being the nice guy, so I'm usually good with the Gaians. In fact they're the only good guys on Planet, with University and Peacekeeper coming 2nd and 3rd, the rest are just inhumane. Believer's are the worst. I'm almost always at war with them.

My favorite are Morgan, Uni, and peacekeepers. I like to combine the three in my social engineering. It creates a strong happy but diplomatically powerfull faction. I never fully destroy a faction but mearly keep them as vassels. My least favorite faction is the hive or the gaians.

I always played with Morgan, I learned how to make profit out of profit. Always try to destroy Miriam and Yang as soon as I can, before they are too strong. The rest will eventually betray me (I know they will). :aargh:

I have Alpha Centauri, and I always choose my faction by ideological reasons.

If I could install Alien Crossfire in my compuer, I would play as the Free Drones.

But as Crossfire did not work with my Win XP I still play the original game as the Peacekeepers or the Hive.

And I always ally with the Gaians.

Once I tried to play as the Morganites, but I was defeated. Mainly because I can not understand a faction which highest value is economical wealth rather than humanitarian principles or a perfectly organized society.

--- Oh, and the main reason for my alliance with the gaians is that, as much as I would like to "interrogate" Deirdre, I would not be capable of destroying such a pretty girl.

The Mass Leader said:
Once I tried to play as the Morganites, but I was defeated. Mainly because I can not understand a faction which highest value is economical wealth rather than humanitarian principles or a perfectly organized society
Why do I feel I should be defending Morgan? I won't. In fact I just play them because I got used to and know how to make them work, but it does not mean real life should be like it...

EDIT: have you voted in the sexiest faction leader thread?

I mainly play as Peacekeepers or Gaians, and I think I can say that their beliefs match mine.
I am a strong believer in human rights and the value of nature, so I think that fit.

My arch-nemesis in SMAC also fits one of my less liked (I try not to use the word 'hate'; it's such a drastic word...) "ideologies" in RL. The Believers. I don't like fundamentalists (no matter their religion or ideology), and so I try to annihilate them as soon as possible. If Believers are my closest neighbour, I usually have to ally with them until I've managed to build up my army, but then I fry them :ar15:

As for the Morgans (I, as a communist, have to dislike Capitalists), they are usually to weak when controlled by AI to do make any opposition, so I normally don't bother with them.

Oh, and as I think that Yang's ideology is twisted and evil, most of the time I'm in a state of onstant vendetta with him...

I like to play as the university. I agree mostly with them. As far as the others go:

Agree with Mariam, however dont like her nazi "feel"
Yang = :ar15: :evil:
Agree with Gaian beleifs but feel too much like hippes
Lal's ok, but the U.N.? Psh
Spartains are neeto but i heard the weapons cost alot under her

Top Bottom