Small update: loaded the turn that I got oracle, and instead of building petra, built NC and then captured Marakkech and Rabat. I couldn't open Commerce yet so openend honour, not sure how many policies to pick.
America built Notre Dame (and petra and mausoleum) and Songhai built Macchu Picchu, so they are certainly on my hit list. I'm a bit scared of America, they seem well ahead in tech, but maybe that's a good reason for getting them first?
Happiness is problematic, but I will ally Hongkong and connect gems (I just found out these aren't connected yet :-$) so that should be okay. Machinery is 6 turns away and I have 10 CB's waiting to be promoted (of which only 2 with tier 3 promotions yet).
- America or Songhai? (or Persia?)
- Was it wise to capture rabat? Should I (have) raze(d) it? Or just left it altogether?
- Should I finish off Morocco or just let him rule the Southern Tundra?
- Do you ever annex cities? I guess Marakkech could be pretty decent, but courthouse is expensive in rush cost and maintenance.
- Edit: is it worth building a city in the SW? a good cluster of resources, but no new luxuries