1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Stories & Tales' started by Snaaty, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

like written above, I had originally planned to go to war with an army of about 200 units altogether, but due to a stupid mistake by the USoF or an extremely clever maneuvre by Mongolia, about 1/4 died before the final fight could begin:king:

And, like already mentioned, I expect Mongolia having something inbetween 350 and 450 mobile units (which is quite normal for an aggressive Deity-AI with 20+ cities on a huge map in lategame)...

2. MyOtherCar

MyOtherCar The answer is 42

Omg, this kinda reminds of Bamspeedy's Legendary CIV3 game "Beyond Sid"! What an Herculean game this is you're playing, Snaaty! Keep it going, win or lose, this is one of the most interesting and entertaining games I've lurked since CIV3.

3. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

Thanks, I will (keep it going). And since I dont have to work Monday/Tuesday:goodjob: I might even be able to post the next regular update (maybe even both:eek:) soon...

4. Scarredroman

Scarredroman Warlord

You may be underestimating the units the Mongolians will have. Still the battle will be fun. Supersnaat against the world.

5. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

The Golden Years:

After Persia was more or less successfully integrated into the USoF, the USoF inhabitants were granted a period of peace and prosperity. Even ancient rivalry in the borderland provinces between English-India, English-Greece and Eglish-Celtia and India, Greece and Celtia ceased and a wave of wealth and happiness clouded the eyes of the average USoF citizen with joy…

Tolosa, the eastern pearl of the English empire and the borderland city between English-Celtia and Celtia, turned more and more into a marvellous and prosperous city, with important buildings and monuments created by famous USoF artists and builders all over the city. The famous monks might have played an important role in the beginning of this development, working hard for integrating the city more and more into the English culture and teaching the people the English way of live, but lately the city was bursting with activity from all culture groups, attracting more and more young citizen from all over the empire. The production Tolosa was able to muster was unrivalled throughout the whole English empire, and so it came that the Broadway was soon decorated with the Hollywood stars and the Rock n Roll hall of Fame was build. The people in Tolosa started to live in peace, love and harmony (the policy of legalizing all kind of drugs and narcotics in the inner-city might also have contributed to this but well… …the goal was archived and the Celtic revolts had stopped completely and the city can now stop to build culture):

123.JPG

A quite similar development occurred in other regions of England as well. Jaipur, the stronghold of the Indian separatists in English-India was able to end the conflict with the separatists due to a solid economical growth and the lowest unemployment rate ever. And when finally an Indian mayor was elected to lead the city, the last separatists agreed to lay down their arms and the city was slowly becoming a model city of Indian-English integration and cooperation.

125.JPG

Inspired by the success in Jaipure, Greece separatists sent their own candidate into the battle for the upcoming elections in Corinth, but they couldn’t copy the success of their brothers in Jaipure. Although having lost the race for the job as mayor, they forced the new English mayor elected in Corinth to cooperate with them in a lot of social projects and mainly the poor Greek quarters in Corinth profited from their work. New schools, theatres and other cultural facilities opened up all over the city and, within only 2 years, the conflict between the Greek and English population stopped and Corinth was on their way to become the prosperous city again it was in the past:

126.JPG

And London, the capital of England and therefore the most important city of the USoF states, was becoming an economical and production powerhouse, unrivalled in the known world (at least the known world outside Mongolia). With their lates big project, the Three Gorges Dam, they even managed to provide clean and cheap energy for the entire continent of France. The next big project in London would be the first international airport in France, connecting London directly with all other USoF-states (where as international in the USoF-sense means USoF-international):

127.JPG

This development also inspired the scientists all over the USoF countries and the USoF science raced from one important discovery to the next. Not only was the secret of flight revealed to the USoF people, the USoF even started their own peaceful space program (sticking weapons on long range missiles and doing some atmospheric tests). Now the USoF scientists were working hard on developing better materials so bigger and better… …umh… …peaceful devices could be shot through the atmosphere direction… …well… …you know where… …and there were even rumours among the scientists, that with these new materials better and more powerful tanks would be possible… …maybe…

124.JPG

…

But despite all the good news, Don Deity hadn’t slept much during the last week. On his desk were still the 3 reports, his spies had sent back from the MATO regions, or better, from Central-Mongolia. And it seemed, that, whatever he was able to archive, Kublai always was able to best him. His own scientists were barely able to master the secret of flight, and some Mongolian idiots were already running around on the moon…. …HIS moon (actually, Don Deity considered everything to be his personal property)…

The first report described the construction of two impressive monuments in Mongolia, the first called Dai Mao, and the other one was named Church of Nativity. Both buildings were supposed to inspire the Mongolian people and to strengthen the believe in the Mongolian nation. And a nice side effect seemed to be, according to his spies, that the Mongolian citizens donated heaps of money to the Mongolian state now on a regular basis, thanks to these damn buildings.

Off course this was annoying, but the other two reports troubled him more...

The first reported the construction of a massive building, the Mongolians named Pentagon. It was supposed to guard the most important military inventions of the Mongolian Nation and apparently inspired the whole Mongolian army. He didn’t know why, but something inside him told him, that this was VERY, VERY bad news, and that the Pentagon should have been built in France instead, or, to be more precise, in England (3 turns… …beaten for the most important wonder for late game warfare by 3 lousy turns… …AAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH)

And last but not least, the third report revealed something about an orbital space station being built by Mongolian scientists. Apparently Mongolia was shipping huge parts and stuff up there on a regular basis, and one of his spies had even caught up on a rumour, that Kublai was having a huge space vassal built up there… …it must have something to do with the vast scientific instalments in the outskirts of Karakorum, the Mongolian capital… …what was Kublai up to… …so many secrets, so many worries…

…

But there was something else, something going on underneath… …a strange current, a bad feeling… ...and it was growing bigger, stronger… …waiting in the shadow, waiting to be unleashed… …something evil, hungry, lurking, with the power to swallow everything on this world, even time and space… …and suddenly, almost inaudible, with only a short and sharp PING, the first crack in the fabric of space and time occurred, passing by unnoticed, even by the mighty ones, leaving only an empty vibration…

…

I’m happy for any feedback, suggestions, tips and hints concerning this game...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to play along or ahead feel free to pick any save you like. Only thing you REALLY should do is to use spoiler tags for anything AHEAD of the actual story.

The saves for this game I will post every 3-4 turnsets from now on

YOU WILL NEED THE WARLORDS 2.13 PATCH TO OPEN THE LAST SAVES

See you Soon

Snaaty

6. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Exiting!!!

More, more, more, more.........

7. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

you might get lucky:)... ...maybe later today already:lol:... ...but I can´t promise:rolleyes:

8. edmellon

edmellon Chieftain

9. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

The Breaking… …of the MATO:

…

Karakorum, President Kublai`s office:

He wasn’t simply hanging up the phone, he flung it at the nearest wall with all his force. With a loud PANG it burst into peaces… …and about 2 seconds later, the heavy double door of his office swung open with force, banging at the wall at both sides, and 4 armed men stormed it:

“Mister President, are you all right? We heart some noise, like a fight, or something crashing…”

“Shut up and leave me alone. Open your eyes man, can’t you see I’m all right?”

“Well… …sorry, Mister President… …umh… …see you later” (leaving the room and closing the doors very, very carefully and silently)

…

Not only that Mao rejected a direct demand from him, even worse, that dumb and blind idiot refused to see that undermining the MATO would only help the evil tyrant Don Deity. And when he received news that Chinese troops had really broken the peace treaty with Mali, a full member of the MATO and an alley with the Mongolian people, and launched a massive invasion force more or less overnight, there was nothing left for him to do, diplomacy had ceased, the MATO was dead.

So he picked up the phone and called Shaka, his close friend and leader from the Zulu nation (after hi had his phone replaced off course…):

“I guess you have already received the bad news, don’t you?”

“Yes Kublai, I have, this brickhead Mao, this stupid warmonger, this unqualified idiot has broken our treaty and invaded Mali. Maybe it would have helped if Mansa would have listened to you and me before and would have built at least SOME kind of army… …2 battalions of outdated soldiers stationed in each of his borderland cities simply isn’t enough…”

“Yes Shaka, I know. A pity that no ALL leaders can be so reasonably like the two of us… …they ALL should really estimate peace and cooperation higher then senseless bloodshed…”

“I couldn’t agree more with you, brother and good friend Kublai… …what will you do now?”

“I will do what I have to do, although I hate it. The peaceful Mongolian nation will stick to their agreements and will help the poor (and completely defenceless) Mali people and declare war on China. China’s army is mighty, but it’s nothing compared to what I’m able to field within the blink of an eye. They will learn what it means to invade peace loving nations like Mongolia, Zulu and Mali…”

“I second this. Although the Zulu prefer to stay neutral in this conflict. Our army is only about the same strength as the Chinese army and I think you don’t really need our help…”

“That’s no problem for me. We will just pause or defensive pact until we have wrestled down the Chinese (which shouldn’t take long) and then we renew our bonds to secure a lasting peace…”

(funny enough, Shaka never went to war the whole game. He even built some wonders and played completely peacemonger. Same goes for Kublai, he always respected his peaceloving and compared to him very weak neighbour Shaka like a (small) brother…)

…

Once it was decided, Kublai quickly united with his generals and they drew out a plan to invade China:

128.JPG

Green: Naval blockade and Naval bombarding
    Red: Naval invasion direction Xian and Ganzhou
    Red 1: Small land invasion direction Ganzhou, covered by naval bombardment
    Red 2: Small land invasion direction Xian, covered by naval bombardment
    Red 3: Main land invasion direction Shanghai

It was a pretty simple and straight forward plan. Due to the incredible military superiority of the Mongolian nation, Kublai´s plan was to strike directly for the Central China, starting with the most important Chinese harbour city, Beijing.

Bejing would then become the Mongolian base of operation and from there he would launch a direct assault in 3 directions, on Xian, Ganzhou and Shanghai, the Chinese capital. Meanwhile the Mongolian fleet would destroy everything moving above and beyond the waterline near the Chinese cost and already start bombarding Genzhou and Xian, to make these cities easy pickings. The whole operations shouldn’t take more then 15 weeks (turns) after the initial preparations were done and Beijing was captured. He expected China to capitulate immediately after the fall of their capital.

But his help arrived too late. Shortly before the Mongolian invasion fleet reached Beijing, Mali capitulated to China, after only 11 days (turns) of war. China apparently had well prepared their operation and had taken in a quick and decisive operation the Malines cities of Awdaghost, Kuba Salami and Djenne (not that it would have been difficult, like mentioned before, Mali had about 0 army…)

129.JPG

New Chinese territory marked in red...

But they would be free again soon, only 2 days (turns) after the Malines capitulation, the Chinese city of Beijing was under Mongolian control, and the invasion into Central China was about to start.

…

But then, more troublesome news reached President Kublai. The USoF was apparently trying to use the time of weakness the MATO was enduring, and was sending two considerably big fleets towards the Zulu regions. According to his spies, half of the USoF army was targeting the Zulu western shores and half of it the eastern ones, trying to use the now neutral Mongolian territory to start a major military operation…

He had to react, but he already had a plan. IF it would work, the whole western USoF army would be destroyed, without any risk for Mongolian soldiers and without openly joining the approaching conflict between Zulu and USoF.

So he picked up the phone and made a phone-call… …maybe the hardest phone-call in all his long time as Mongolian President and head of the MATO:

“Der Quin… …I have something to offer for you…”

“Well, I’m listening… …but you have to give us Beijing back or we won’t listen at all to you…”

“You know that we are about to run you over Quin, don’t you? Our army is approximately 5 times the size of yours and we are about a full tech-generation ahead…”

“Umh… …well… …yes… …sort of… …but I sense that you want something from me?”

“…sight… …you are right. We are willing to offer you peace. We even will give you the city of Beijing back. But we also have ONE condition…”

“Well… …let’s hear it…”

“When we summon your aid in a possible conflict with the USoF, you will fight with SIDE BY SIDE with Mongolia…”

“Hm… …sounds fair… …DEAL.”

So Beijing was gifted back to China and the Mongolian invasion was cancelled. All Mongolian forces were heading back to Mongolia and heavy Mongolian troop movement occurred near the Zulu border…

…

Some days later, Kublai was meeting with Shaka again:

“I have confirmed reports now that two USoF armies are heading your direction…”

“Well, let them come, Zulu is prepared for them. Our army is about the same strength then theirs with about 100 mobile battalions and with your help, we will throw them back into the sea the minute they land…”

“I have other plans, my trusted friend. And now is the time to share my secrets with you…”

“Ok… …lets hear then…”

“You know the space station in a fixed orbit above Karakorum?”

“Well, I think meanwhile the whole world knows about it. It is that big, that you can see it almost with the bar eye, reflecting once in a while in the sun…”

“But that’s not all. We are testing some new energy devices in the labs near Karakorum, together with some weird device, bending space and time, so we can travel above light-speed…”

“WOW…”

“Yes, that’s it… …WOW. With this new technology, we can end this conflict once and forever, either leaving this unfertile rock and find a new home for us and some selected individuals, or completely annihilate ALL USoF controlled territory like nothing…”

“WWWOOOWWW…”

“I know… …and all we need is time. The USoF might only have about 100 battalions around this time, but their production is unrivalled, not even the mighty Mongolian nation can keep up with them, although we might have about 5 times their army right now time… …on the long run, they will simply outproduce us… …so listen closely, all we have to do is GAIN TIME…”

“OK, whatever you say friend Kublai, I have always trusted and respected you, so I will trust you also now…”

“Take these plans and maps… …and study them carefully. Then hand a copy to your leading officers and have them wait at the marked coordinates with the host of your army and fleet… …I will take care of the rest…

…

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to play along or ahead feel free to pick any save you like. Only thing you REALLY should do is to use spoiler tags for anything AHEAD of the actual story.

See you Soon

Snaaty

10. BurnEmDown

BurnEmDown Emperor

This is so exciting!! Can't wait to see the outcome of this war :)

11. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

I am giddy with anticipation. (Well, maybe not "giddy", but definitely with the anticipation). :D

12. Izipo

Izipo Hardcore casual gamer

Count me in, too.

This looks awesome. :king:

*grabs popcorn and lays back to watch the fireworks*

13. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

Something short for inbetween:D:

Like all good worldwars, the WAR TO END ALL WARS on Don Deity´s world started small, with two regional conflicsts, one between Mongolia and China, ending quick with the generous gesture of the Mongolian leader to give Beijing, capturered by the extremely superiour Mongolian army (and navy...), back to the Chinese People, buying a friend by doing so:)

The other one was still just brewing, with the heavy troop movements form USoF France to Zulu that had started recently, but already now nobody really believed that the conflict between USoF and Zulu would be stopped without bloodshet. Still, it wasn´t something the whole world should be worried about wasn´t it?

Or was there more going on behind the scenes?

I MIGHT be able to finish the next REAL update tonight, granting a closer look on the USoF troop movements and explainig DD´s and GS´s motivation behind all this... ...I might even give you some info about the NEW, MIGHTY AND SHINY (and soon sunk) USoF fleet:lol:

But this will be the last update then for a while, because I´m again off to a business trip for 10 days and after that I´m on HOLIDAYS for another 10 days:goodjob:

14. grandad1982

grandad1982 Deity

Snaaty you old devil.

After so long waiting with baited breath your spoiling us with a wealth of story!

Good work.

15. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

Most of it was already finished quite some time ago. I was only lacking time and inspiration to put it together to a story that that I felt was good enought to deserve to be posted here:)...

16. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

The war to end all wars, Part 1:

Like mentioned earlier, the Golden Years were a time of peace and prosperity for the whole USoF nation, but Don Deity and General Supersnaat also had some important military projects going on:

130.JPG

Red circles: Fleet base Knossos, with Stuttgart and Cologne as side bases
    Green circle: Fleet base in Ligurian

…

Not only was the major part of USoF England busy with building factories and airports, there were also some mayor naval bases created in England to prevent a third massacre in Knossos. The first naval centre was therefore based in Knossos (red), with some facilities stationed on the other side of the channel, in Stuttgart and Cologne. Altogether 8 battleships and 9 transport ships were based there at that point already, ready to be loaded and shipped to east Zulu.

Ligurian (green) was becoming the second naval base, and the western fleet was stationed there, with about the same size then the eastern one, also ready to be loaded with tanks, gunships, infantry and artillery.

…

When Don Deity received the news of China invading Mali, and therefore Mongolia preparing to invade China, he immediately summoned General Supersnaat to his office:

“General, it´s time to strike for Zulu now…”

“But our army isn’t ready. We are lacking altogether 5 battleships and 2 transport ships to meet your criteria, which said: I WANT 20 BATTLESHIPS AND 20 TRANSPORT SHIPS AND I WANT THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE“

“Well… …I know… …but we can’t wait. The timing is just perfect. With Mongolia busy teaching China a lesson Zulu is on their own, our informants have reported that Mongolia and Zulu have paused their defensive agreement until the Chinese problem is solved…”

“But Zulu has a mighty army even without their big brother, about the same size then ours, with an estimated number of 100 mobile battalions… …and with less then 20 transport ships, we cant ship the whole army we have at once…” (also about 100 battalions strong)

“I don’t care. Ship what you can. And ship it NOW…”

“Aye, aye, Sir…”

…

Don Deity was rubbing his hands with a broad grin after General Supersnaat had left. What a perfect timing. The MATO crumbling to dust and the Mongolian-Zulu defensive pact paused... ...THIS was his chance. It had to be now or never, time was running out. He still wasn’t sure, what Kublai was up to, but he knew somehow that it would be his doom if he waited any longer… …and additionally, he had a nasty little surprise prepared for Shaka… …still grinning, he opened the door personally and received his next guest:

“So you really think this will work?”

“Yes sir, my team of scientists is already working on it, and once the material is fully stabilised, we simply can ship pre-produce plates anywhere we lika and stick them to our existing tanks, making them almost invulnerable to conventional firepower…” (upgrading tanks to modern armor)

“So we could for example airlift heaps of these wonderful plates anywhere we want and upgrade our existing tanks, no matter where they are?”

“Well… …it will be VERY EXPENSIVE… …but basically… …yes, we could…” (as long as it is in our territory, so a beachhead-city is needed BEFORE)

“Fine… …fine… …whatever funds you need, you will get it… …you have 1 more week… …dismissed…”

…

Only two days after the meeting with Don Deity, General Supersnaat together with 20 battalions of his best men were boarding the first fleet leaving Lingurian, direction Zulu:

131.JPG

Red circle: Close-up on fleet and army Meeting Point East, Lingurian

…

And another 2 weeks later they had already reached their destination, half of them was waiting in Mongolian territory next to the Zulu city of ExtremelyCrappyName, the other half was still with the fleet just outside Zulu territory, waiting for order from General Supersnaat, who was with the men already inside Mongolia.

132.JPG

Red circle: Estern Fleet, Armygroup B, waiting to be disembarked
    Green circle: Eestern Armygroup A, including General Supersnaat, waiting next to Zulu border in Mongolia, ready for action

The western fleet would take a little longer to arrive, but the plan was basically the same:

The western invasion army was also shipped in two groups, group one arriving 2 days (turns) before group two…

133.JPG

Red circle: Western fleet, Armygroup A, just passed YumYum-archipelago
    Green circle: Western fleet, Armygroup B, heading for YumYum-archipelago

…

They would disembark also in now neutral Mongolian territory, then use the Mongolian railroad next to the Zulu border and finally reinforce the eastern army near the Zulu city of ExtremelyCrappyName.

134.JPG

Red: Shipping line of Western Fleet, arrival in Kazan
    Red L: Landing point in the harbour of Kazan
    Green: Railroad rented from Kublai, first from Kazan to Almarikh, then further along the Zulu border, direction East (to meet Armygroup East)

…

Don Deity was still wondering why Kublai immediately allowed his army to use the Mongolian railroad (Kublai even promised a free shuttle train from Kazan to the Mongolian border next to the Zulu city of ExtremelyCrappyName), but well, who cares, it would be another victory to add to his list, with the help he was getting now by Kublai, so he wasn’t worried at all… …the thought of a trap never came to his mind…

…

IMPORTANT NOTE:

See you Soon

Snaaty

17. Snaaty

Snaaty Deity

Well folks, that´s it for these series of updates:D

Now it´s back to waiting:p

18. bestbrian

bestbrian Just this guy, ya know?

Have a good business trip and a nice vacation, Snaaty, and I'll look forward to reading about the trap being sprung.

19. Nictel

Nictel Emperor

Great story, as always! :D

20. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

"Peaceful nations like Mongolia, Zulu or Mali"

:rotfl: