Don Deity: Warlords 2.08, huge random continents map, epic speed

How do you get your vassals to send their fleet somewhere?

That's just it; you don't, you just hope that they'll do something that makes perfectly evident sense. That's why you can't count on vassals to do anything remotely useful. The USoF really could use an advanced navy. Do you have subs/bombers yet?

When you're at war with someone, you have to option to command either your war allies or vassals to attack a city through the diplomacy screen.

Yes, you can direct them towards a target, but you can't control how they do it, what they send to do it, or what they produce. It's very infuriating to watch your AI allies dribble and drab small SODs off to their certain doom instead of combining their strenght effectively. Or pillaging EVERYTHING around a city you will be conquering within a few turns (thanks guy; big help).

I have to say that there have been a few games where my war allies surprised me though. The only problem is that it was a very large map with few players, so the AI could build large enough armies, and because of city placement the AI's goals were similar. All the same, sometimes you will have a good "allied" war, but for the most part you're fighting a campaign and going to have to rebuild the infrastructure.

Shaka as a war ally is a good one. My experience is that he does not pillage much and goes straigth to cities most of the times. As has he normally brings outdated stuff, the result is that he normally softens the target for me;)

End of lecture. let the SuperSnaat come again :p

Nice story Snaaty:goodjob:.... One Beer from me Don cheers :beer: I do know..... that despite the looks, you are a truely :devil:benevolent:devil: ruler.

Assimilating Persia

The situation in and around Knossos was horrible. The whole English navy was trying to hide within the harbour of Knossos, guarded only by the remaining cannons from the fort of Knossos high above the harbour and the high walls of the harbour itself. But the fort was already falling, with most of it’s cannons already out of duty and the outer walls crumbling and breaking at various points. And the harbour walls itself were beginning to break, too. If the Persian troops approaching from the west would be able to reach the harbour, protected by the constant firing of the 5 heavy Persian cruisers right outside the harbour of Knossos, then Knossos and the whole English fleet were doomed to go down…

…

Not much later, in Corinth, the main English military base within the former Greek regions of England, stationed there to secure wealth and growth for everybody (in other words, to stop the %**#**’#$ city from revolting over and over again, by shooting some civilians once in a while), and in Bangalore the main English military base within the former Indian regions of England (basically the same %**#**’#$ situation with neverendigrevolts as in Corinth):

“Sir, all your units are to head towards Knossos immediately. Please line your men at the station at 11:00. A train is already waiting there to pick you up”

“You know that Corinth (and Bangalore) will revolt about 3 minutes after we have left the station, no?”

“Yes, I know, although the %**#**’#$ computer tells me, that the chances of a revolt are only about 9,87%...”

“What’s a computer?”

“Forget about it. We had revolts every %**#**’#$ second or third day (=turn) without a very strong military presence in both cities, so just forget about the computer thingy, it is lying anyways… …and now go, move your men to the station NOW”

…

Only 3 hours later, 6 English battalions of mainly redcoats were on their way to Knossos from Corinth and Bangalore each. And another 2 hours later, at around 16:00 the same day, the first English battalions were already marching towards the harbour of Knossos, facing 16 Persian battalions already closing in there, consisting mainly of artillery and infantry. Most likely, most English soldiers wouldn’t even survive the first night in Knossos.

…

And the worst calculations were even topped, when the Persian assault ended around 23:00 the very same night. Although the Persian troops were forced to stop their advance and regroup, the costs had been giganourmous:

Only 6 Persian battalions had been successfully fended off, but at the costs of 10 English battalions. But the harbour of Knossos was save now, because the very next day more quickly drafted reinforcements out of ancient England arrived in Knossos, this time mainly infantry. And the already wounded Persian soldiers had nothing to oppose to the fresh English troops. The Persian attack on Knossos had failed.

Although some Persian soldiers managed to hide in some suburb towns near Knossos for another 2 days, and later in the Knossos Mountains for almost a week, leaving a trail of destruction while retreating (pillaging some towns and mines) they were all brought down in the end.

But the Persian navy still lying siege on Knossos was another story. By quickly placing some cannons and artillery near the harbour walls, the English soldiers managed to save the English navy, but there was no way to break the Persian blockade. France was cut off from the battlefield in Persia, General Supersnaat and his men were once again on their own.

…

Don Deity was furious, how could the Greek and Celt and German patrol ships, altogether about two or three time as numerous as the whole Persian fleet NOT be able to spot an entire fleet passing by? And even worse, it was already the second time this happened and, to make the whole situation even more ironic, EXACTLY THE SAME PLACE… ...argh…

Although the area around Knossos had taken huge damage with 3 towns burned down completely and two mines collapsed during the last Persian stand in the hills, Don Deity wasn’t too worried about that. What worried him more, was the fact that the whole (almost mighty) English fleet was hiding (again… …consisting of 5 transports and a frigate, so the expression “fleet” might have been an exaggeration in the first place), and General Supersnaat had to continue his advance into central Persia without any reinforcements to replace his losses…

…

When General Supersnaat was informed about the annoying fact that he had to go to war (again) without any reinforcements, he simply shot the messenger. Then he shot the messenger’s horse. And then he shot some poor souls who have had the bad luck of standing within a range of less then 50m of the messenger… …but in general, his leading officers would afterwards repeatedly say that he took the bad news surprisingly good…

With the reinforcements cut off anyways, General Supersnaat decided to completely ignore West Persia and North-East Germany (now also West Persia) and to fully focus in the advance on Persepolis and Pasargadae. These were the two most important Persian cities, Persepolis being the Persian capital and Pasargadae the most important Persian harbour city and the main economical centre. So he immediately informed his men already advancing on Persepolis and Pasargadae to push deep into the hostile terrain with full speed, taking advantage of the chaos the Persian homeland defences still were in after they got defeated in the Susa Mountains.

Again, the losses the USoF army took were really, really high, but several Persian armies could be destroyed completely while the USoF army continued marching towards Persepolis. The Persians somehow failed to unite their forces and so the USoF army was able to take out 3 smaller Persian armies, always using the same tactics:

First, some artillery were sent right into the heart of the Persian army, executing a suicide mission, with the goal of damaging the whole outer ring of the Persian defences, leaving the surviving Persian soldiers in a state of shock. Then the USoF army would use their superior numbers and surround the Persians, before they were able to recover from the first shock… …all battles were over, long before the Persians were even able to re-organize their defences, but still, the USoF losses were pretty high... ...mainly due to the extremely high focus on suicide missions:D:king:.

And so it came, that only 5 days (=turns) after the invasion into Central Persia had started, the USoF army had already reached the outskirts of Persepolis and was beginning to lay siege on the Persian capital. The Persian reinforcement-lines were quickly cut and being cut off from any help, outnumbered and completely demoralized, from having lost every single battle against the USoF forces during the last 5 days, the Persepolis fell quickly.

119.JPG

The only setback was that Cyrus had somehow managed to flee from the Persian capital, before the USoF army had been able to close the ring around the city. Reports said that he was now trying to reorganize the Persian defences from Pasargadae, so General Supersnaat immediately ordered his second invasion army to close in towards Pasargadae and to start the siege on the city immediately.

Meanwhile the Celtic navy was blocking all naval passage to Pasargadae and a Celtic landing party was already preparing to collapse the only two bridges connecting Pasargadae with North Persia. It was a well timed manoeuvre and this time, Cyrus had no time to react. When the USoF forces closed in on Pasargadae, nobody could leave the city, including Cyrus. Still, it was a long and bloody battle, but in the end, USoF soldiers marched the streets of Pasargadae. After Pasargadae was captured, Cyrus managed to hides in the cellar of the shore masters office for another 2 days, but when he finally was found and Don Deity faced him with the choice of getting tortured to death very, very slowly or to surrender his empire to the USoF, he proved to have a very strong urge of self preservation and immediately picked door 1 and accepted to surrenders his empire without any conditions and to join the USoF…

View attachment 186681

…well, almost without any conditions…

View attachment 186682

North-East Germany would remain a Persian province… …Bismarck was quite obviously pretty unhappy about that, but faced with almost the same choice as Cyrus (be happy NOW or get tortured to death very, very slowly) he apparently chanced his mind and was very, very happy ever after…

…

I’m happy for any feedback, suggestions, tips and hints concerning this game...

IMPORTANT NOTE:

If you want to play along or ahead feel free to pick any save you like. Only thing you REALLY should do is to use spoiler tags for anything AHEAD of the actual story.

The saves for this game I will post every 3-4 turnsets from now on

YOU WILL NEED THE WARLORDS 2.13 PATCH TO OPEN THE LAST SAVES

See you Soon

Snaaty

Nice. Sounds like England now needs a navy.

Besty's right. with that war across the sea that is necessary. (but you've already done that... hopefully)

Besty? That's Mr All-Being Master of the Universe to you, pal. (Just won my latest Month-long Civ adventure, sorry). :D

all looking pretty good snatty.

A strong English Navy is a must though.

My favourite fleet group is:
8 Destroyers
4 Battleships
2 Carriers

afew groups of those and you'll be surely ruling the waves.

A bar in Stockholm...

The monark of Stockholm, ho goes by the name of Mohed the New, chatting with the bartender.
- If you see a Diety beem in her someday and start turning people to statues then send him a drink or two from me, and tell him that his highnes Mohed is injoying the story so far verry much. Also tell him that the signal on the magic mirror he uses to peak in to DD's world must be down, becouse he has'nt been able to see anything for a while. Then tap him on the back and tell him he is doing a fenomenal job, or dont by the way, couse im prety sure he will turn you into a statue.

Supersnaat is about to be sent abroad a thrird time with no support unless the English navy is able to control the seas above and below the waterline. It is time for President Kublai to begin an eternity of being a smiling statue.

The destruction of the city of Old Sarai will prevent the spread of unwholesome mongolians into space.

The Mongolian fleet will probably hit Knossos ... by surprise for a third time.

Hi all:D,

I haven´t had much time to update here, sorry:blush:, but at least I have played on a little more...

Unhappily, things aren`t going according to plan:mad:

I will post a little preview now, so you know what is to come in near future:). Then I will switch back and bring you the missing storyposts ("the golden years" and "the breaking") that describe the events that spiral up to the war to end all wars:eek::

Excerpt of a letter from Sergeant DeHumbug, 2. USoF tank division, to his mom and dad:

“
Dear mom and dad,

you know that I love you both. Still, I won’t come home like planned next week. The high command has cancelled all vacations for an unknown period. I’m not really informed about what’s exactly going on, but a friend from the marine told me that one of his friends had heard that things are not going as planned.

He even said that the western fleet was lost completely, ambushed somewhere near the YumYum archipelago. Although I can’t really believe that, I have heard more worrying news from the front. The advance on ZENSORED has been officially paused, but rumours say, it’s cancelled completely and we are to hold our position as long as possible. Heavy ZENSORED counter strikes are to be expected every minute now and the High Command has already retreated to ZENSORED.

My comrade Billybob, you know him already from my last 136 letters, has also told me, that he hasn’t heard anything form his brother since 3 days. He even has asked our communication officer and what he head is troubling him ever since:

The communication with the whole western front has broken down 2 days ago. Without the protection of the western fleet, the advance there has apparently come to a halt pretty quick and they had to retreat into ZENSORED, our last bridgehead remaining near ZENSORED. Last news was that the high command tried to install and Air Bridge to fly in some reinforcements, but the airfield in ZENSORED had been target by ZENSORED bombers and rebells for days. And the fact that the contact had broken down now completely makes Billybob very worried about his brother…

But I have reassured Billybob, that he shouldn’t worry, the rumours simply can’t be true, 8 heavy battleships and 9 big transport ships can’t simply disappear and surely aren’t sunk that easy. And 36 of our elite battalions, equipped with the latest military stuff our scientists had come up with, will never be brought down, no matter what ZENSORED will be able to field there with the host of his army fighting us here near ZENSORED…

"

And an overview over the remaining USoF army (about 20 bombers are missing in the list):

122.JPG

The final battle will be David against Goliath, altogether about 150 battalions of completely outnumbered (but higly motivated:p) USoF soldiers will have to make their stand agains an estimated number of 350 - 450 mobile enemy battalions:cool:, after I managed to loose about 1/4 of the USoF army due to a stupid mistake:goodjob:

89 Modern Armors ??
And your enemies have more ?
Is it always like this on Deity ?

Anyway, good luck with the war and thanks for a great read.

Top Bottom