Done as a joke?

The Almighty dF

Pharaoh
I love RFC, especially for historical realism, but...

...Is the French power done as a joke?

Other civilizations being friendly to France.
...Every nation hates France. -France- hates France.
I don't think a nation exists that -doesn't- hate France.

No offense to France. They -did- give us Jean Reno.

wow... you actually started a thread to insult some people... wow...

...No.
I was seriously asked if it was done as a political joke. o.o
I'm not insulting France.
It's just that... most European nations hate France.
England, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, etc.
The middle east hates France.
Most of America hates France.
A chunk of Canada hates France.

So I figured... "...That's just funny."

To mention, I'm partially french. Half Scottish, Quarter German, Quarter French.

double post

All your Corsicas are belong to us

...No.
I was seriously asked if it was done as a political joke. o.o
I'm not insulting France.
It's just that... most European nations hate France.
England, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, etc.
The middle east hates France.
Most of America hates France.
A chunk of Canada hates France.

So I figured... "...That's just funny."

To mention, I'm partially french. Half Scottish, Quarter German, Quarter French.

You should ease up on all that propaganda you listen to.

I listen to none.
It's pretty well known that Francophobia is extremely common around the world.

You guys need to be less... defensive. It's silly. =P

It's getting to be where the only country anyone can mock is Canada.
...or the Netherlands.

People on this board get defensive over everything. Nothing you say will change that. Just whatever you do, don't give constructive criticism about the mod. >.>

Seriously though, umm.. French is the language of Diplomacy! >.>

On most boards, I'd imagine.
People are just... touchier these days.
We can't even have Hitler in a video game (though Stalin and Mao are perfectly acceptable)

Don't be silly, most countries don't "hate" France. There's a historic rivalry between all of western Europe. The "middle east" (read: small proportion of) hates the entire west. And America may have made France the target of its post-911 patriotic overdrive a few years back. But come on I don't think it's pretty well known that francophobia is common around the world, not by a long stretch.

I don't know what the historic reasoning behind France's UP is though... maybe Talleyrand getting a very good deal after the Napoleonic wars?

PS. not been defensive, I just think you're being a bit ridiculous.

Before WWI France had a lot of 'ententes' with other nations. With the UK the had the 'entente cordial', an alliance with great frendship, they also had an entente with Russia, and were very friendly with Italy. In earlier times France's great culture made many nations follow the French example.

But, I don't really like this UP, but Rhye isn't gonna change is anymore, so.. learn to live with it.

My country (Israel) hates France too because they screwed us in the six day war.
but I dont have anything personal against them.

It's the Power of Entente. Entente = alliance between Great Britain and France. France has had friends and still has. Turn that francophobia-propaganda music down a bit, maybe then you'll hear the sounds of the real world.

BTW, The Almighty dF, you sure... do like... three dots. :p

it's based on all of the things you said: the entente, the language of diplomacy, the good deals it always got in Congresses (ie Talleyrand, but not only), the alliances with the natives.

There would be a better UP probably, but I had the idea too late and now it's staying as it is. It certainly isn't inaccurate

I like the UP, and it is historical. But... kinda curious, what would have been the other UP? (Pm answer also accepted if you don't want to post it in here for the sake of not startling an argument...) ;-)

m

I would have imagined another UP could be that French culture spreads into the culture of other nations faster. Mingling.

I understand now, though. I guess I've just been going by the past hundred years.

And yes, yes I do like three dots. I type as I talk, and... I used to have an -incredibly- think highland Scot accent. I finally managed to break out of it, but... it left me having to take breaks.

I'd like to say, I see no reason to change the UP.
Though I'd like to see Scotland in RFC someday.

it's based on all of the things you said: the entente, the language of diplomacy, the good deals it always got in Congresses (ie Talleyrand, but not only), the alliances with the natives.

This is true: the French were known for their diplomacy, and , in general, semed to be able to stay away from inciting native revolts against them in North America, India, and even in South-East Asia (Vietnam especially), unlike most of the other European powers.

In the Middle Ages, France was allied with the Ottomans for many years, and was considered the "anti-Christian" Christian country for helping the Turks out on many occasions, diplomatically and (less so) militarily. They were allied with the Scots for hundreds of years against the English.

The French always have seemed to be able to ally with someone when they were at war.

Top Bottom