"Don't Cry for me Argentina!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this one's for all the R2D vets, pleasedon'tpullthisinR2R:

Spoiler :

A lot of furries like to go on about how great (a very distorted version of) Anubis is, yet here we have our boy Huehuecoyotl, a shapeshifter whose exact level of coyote motif varies. God of the arts, pranks, just about all things fun, and the resident anarchist of the pantheon (how many gods can you name who prefer to hang out with humans rather than receive constant praise?) on top of it all. And just for fun, despite being one of the more humanitarian deities, instead of requesting sacrifices, he just starts wars when he gets bored. A being of immense wisdom, but just as happy to play the part of the buffoon if it suits what he's currently doing.

My discovery of this deity has led me on an adventure in studying Aztec stories (the Aztec conception of reincarnation is particularly interesting). Maybe I'll incorporate that into some future game I play or something, I dunno.

This is part of a wider dive into the Coyote stories of indigenous North Americans; needless to say, plenty of fun discourse as to whether the various coyote entities are the same character with variations or entirely different ones with very similar traits.

If I ever join some IOT in the near future, expect heavy doses of Coyoteism.

@SonicTH If you like Coyote Gods, read Gunnerkrigg Court. Read it from the start, don't go the front page because they're going through a major arc right now and the front page spoils a few things. The art and plot starts out pretty meh but it gets great, trust me. And the Coyote character is amazing. Just read it already. Start here.

@SonicTH If you like Coyote Gods, read Gunnerkrigg Court. Read it from the start, don't go the front page because they're going through a major arc right now and the front page spoils a few things. The art and plot starts out pretty meh but it gets great, trust me. And the Coyote character is amazing. Just read it already. Start here.

Someone actually already spoiled what I think you're talking about. :p

I have been meaning to sit down and read it though; I've seen clips and quite liked it!

hue-hue-coyotl

fffffffffffff-

Honestly a pretty great unintentional spelling pun. :p

Coyotl had the last laugh after all, his name carrying a whole new meaning in a different language to future generations!

I heard talks of potential for a new colony game, potentially in space... @SonicTH may like it. :D

Whatever happens we will have fun :)

I heard talks of potential for a new colony game, potentially in space... @SonicTH may like it. :D

Whatever happens we will have fun :)

Very well...

The Spacequestrian Empire shall rise!

Is this one of the rare moments Tani makes an appearance?

If this isn't the national anthem of the next corporatocratic state, I'll be very disappointed.

(Also I'm impressed how many things he's made quality metal/rock covers of)

Is this one of the rare moments Tani makes an appearance?

I do occasionally like to drop in, yes. :p I'd be more active if I was part of more games.

I'd host more, but for that to happen, we gotta hope my Amazon publishing empire takes off. :p

Hello normie.

I see you didn't get the memo. NES is alive and well. It lives on in IOT now.

Last edited:
Hello normie.

I see you didn't get the memo. NES is alive and well. It lives on in IOT now.

Ah, kind of like how Catalonia lives on in glorious España! Now I get it.

Also, collaborative writing is not a long-dead exercise you fine and upstanding friend which we all love.

Bruh, I posted a story in your forum like, yesterday. I think I know that. :p

Last edited:
Soooo I got Age of Imperialism running again (I haven't played a game since last November so I figured it was time I take a few hours to myself and just relax). It's put me in a mood to host some kind of cooperative game where players are all trying to rule one of the pre-WWI Great Powers.

Lots of fun althists to do with that one.

A Russia where Alexander II is not assassinated and so the proto-Constitution goes through? That one would be a logistical nightmare though because I looked at the governing model and it's appropriately Byzantine (it involved all kinds of different electoral colleges for several different social classes and interest groups and oh god why). The Third Rome indeed.

A Britain where the Imperial Federation comes to fruition? That would probably turn into a headache fast due to the global portfolio.

An Austria-Hungary that reforms into the United States of Greater Austria? That has all kinds of fun things involved given the ethnic politics that shaped a lot of Habsburg foreign policy...

I will be keen to see the fruits of this...

What is the date of diversion into alternative history for this game?

I will be keen to see the fruits of this...

What is the date of diversion into alternative history for this game?

That would entirely depend on which one I go with :p

I'm leaning Austria though so it's... 1898? We'd be ending up with Emperor Franz Ferdinand and he'd probably be taking things in a different direction than Franz Joseph.

Though I might be using Age of Imperialism as a base for things like economics (the players would not need to know anything about the base, it's just an easy way for me to lift stats rather than crunching everything myself) so that would probably invite a certain degree of chaos and change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom