"Don't Cry for me Argentina!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's the match if not franz's death

While I know of the underlying issues that Franz' death just caused to explode, still possibly nothing. I've only really started examining the context more in depth but it sounds like what basically went down was Franz Joseph had aggressive generals who were eager to sink their teeth into Serbia, and he also pissed off Italy and Russia due to Trieste and the Balkans, respectively. It's especially noteworthy Franz Ferdinand did not like the aggressive posture of the military brass towards Serbia.

Also of note is there were attempts by Britain to join the Triple Alliance but it basically fell apart because (from what I gathered) Germany wanted a defensive alliance, while Britain was more interested in a full alliance it could use to advance its overseas empire. When Germany was a flake on the subject, France was a natural second choice.

A basic thought I had is: if Franz Joseph is out of the picture, Ferdinand's interest in building an overseas empire (and possibly seeing how unhinged Wilhelm was) might have led to some differing alliances. The Dual and Triple Alliances were really just Austria securing neutrality or assistance in the event of war with Russia, rather than a marriage to Germany and Italy, and if Austria is no longer quite as eager to gobble up Serbia and other Balkan states (that is, it has less tension with Russia barring pan-Slavic issues)... Germany starts to look more like a liability. I can see a situation where Austria works its way into the good graces of France or Britain as part of a strategy to establish a colonial empire, and Germany is basically left standing alone barring maybe an alliance with Italy against France and Austria. I wager Britain is more likely, because France's alliance with Russia would probably complicate Franco-Austrian relations even if Austria relaxes its Balkan ambitions.

So you'd have France-Russia, Germany-Italy, and Britain-Austria.

Oh, and for extra funsies, you have Franz' federalization plan which would quite possibly cause some sort of uprising in Hungary.

Two words: Eurasian War. It's a Dachs Alt-hist. Look it up. Why has nobody made a game out of it?

That doesnt count, too long ago.

that sounds like more posturing and not a lot of world war, I thought you wanted a world war?

Pretty sure he does not

I believe I know just the person to answer Double A's question!

Old IOTs: Have large war, GM ragequits
Middle IOTs: Have large war, everyone ragequits
New IOTs: Have large war, everyone nukes the **** out of each other

FINALLY SOME FREAKING CLOSURE

Just a heads-up that I've been having trouble logging into Discord since literally the day after my last posting, so if there's any important game-related conversations I should know about, please relay them here.

Just a heads-up that I've been having trouble logging into Discord since literally the day after my last posting, so if there's any important game-related conversations I should know about, please relay them here.
What sort of troubles are you having?

Either the captcha breaks or it simply doesn't log me in.

And no, I will not use the app.

The only important thing you missed is me asking if you showed up to congratulate me on my two year-long brick joke. :p

In hindsight, the great trickster must have subliminally influenced me all those years ago.

IOT. Coyote.

Using the standard English pronunciation (/kaɪˈoʊti/), they rhyme and are almost the same.

His wit is without bounds.

actually the truth is that going by that the truth is that you gotta be yote'd, i.e, poured, but then also yeet'd

I like how the "Previous Argentina Threads" imply this will not be the last.
And 8,400 post later it is still going strong! :thumbsup: guys!

Last edited:
Argentina Abides

Long Live the Argentina Thread!

(also HA I claim the 8500's post! Victory for me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom