1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"Don't Cry for me Argentina!"

Discussion in 'Imperium OffTopicum' started by Birdjaguar, Apr 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ailedhoo

Ailedhoo wonderer

The Turtle sees that you have the Heavens beneath you and the Earth above.

MartinLuther likes this.
  2. Tani Coyote

Tani Coyote Son of Huehuecoyotl

I think the Random Number God's messing with me. The RNG said Oz gets Initiative for a third turn in a row.

Overruling that ahahahaha.

I'm supposed to reimagine MP1, not recreate it.

(As a major NPC Oz basically abused the OP espionage rules to bankrupt several major powers turn after turn in the original)

Looking for the name of the Emperor of Japan in IOT IV, alas, there is none to use.

I was saddened, but then I read that the Emperor's never called by name - personal or era - IRL, so it actually fits. I wonder if Joecoolyo intended that...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
  3. NedimNapoleon

NedimNapoleon Weird Little Human

Can you debrief me what happened in these past 5 years...it's actually been that long...

4. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

Most of us graduated from high school and college by this point, and are either working or struggling to find work. NES imploded after a botched attempt to leave CFC, and a good portion of them permanently ended up moving to IOT as a response to that drama. Many of us came out as trans, gay, or both. There's been a general leftward shift in most of our politics. A few regulars have left over the years, whilst we got some new faces as well who show up in our games and occassionally on chat. Speaking of, we moved our to Discord instead of Chatango, as its just a much better platform in general.

5. Terran Empress

Terran Empress Hornet

"General"
    That is an understatement of the F**king Century there Megan.

6. NedimNapoleon

Yeah I see I guess it like that with everyone, I mean the job/school part, how has the iot game developed

7. Omega124

Omega124 Challenging Fate

IOT XIV still has been the last "big" iot that lasted for a year that most of the community was in at the same time. There's been a steady current of games since then, of all various different genres, but the community tends to be more fragmented in terms of game preferences. There's a general trend of deciding to reinvent the wheel is stupid, and that taking pre-existing systems and adapting them to iot is just easier and leads to better games. FATE (unrelated to the VN mech likes) is the most common system used as a base.

8. NedimNapoleon

Mind pming me the discord so I can chat with the gang

9. Tani Coyote

The shift towards dice for the bulk of gameplay has been strong. So strong that Thor's game has been able to survive for 3 years with on and off updates.

Just be sure that whatever you do, you don't wade into discussing politics. Hoo boy...

GenMarshall likes this.
  10. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

Card games on motorcycles.

Tani Coyote likes this.
  11. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

6 years, I win :p

12. Tani Coyote

Holy crap that's another name I wasn't expecting to see again! Feels like mass shutdown is bringing out all the old guard!

13. GamezRule

GamezRule Inconceivable!

I think it's technically been longer than six years for IOT specifically, but it's been six years since I was active on any part of CFC.

Tani Coyote likes this.
  14. Tani Coyote

Well since all the old IOTers are making dramatic reappearances recently, possibly helped along by global shutdowns, I will be attempting to perform the Lighthearter Summoning Ritual with something else resulting from all the shutdowns:

[

15. Double A

Double A ♫We got the guillotine♫

ew

Tani Coyote likes this.
  16. gay_Aleks

gay_Aleks communism will win.

less returning and more paying tribute to a gravestone

17. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

Stop jinxing my life!
    Uhm, tl;dr: I graduated (and have been constantly un(der)employed ever since), Trump became president of the USA, Divlje Jagode and Dubioza Kolektiv got an album out each, I've been making good pizzas, and everybody is under house arrest and won't be allowed to exit their abodes without putting on a facemask and SMSing the government beforehand. And I recommend that you play Wesnoth.

Edit: oh, and I completely blame Tolni for having made me become addicted to Bulgarian bagpipes.

18. Tani Coyote

Stuff being circulated around my campus about keeping things shuttered through Fall.

If nothing else maybe everything operating at half-capacity for a year plus will lead to an IOT renaissance?

19. Tani Coyote

Now that I have an actual D20, I wish I had started using these years ago for games... so much more exciting than Random.org doing this for me.

Also: seems to consistently turn up 10+ numbers so I don't think anyone's complaining about that.

20. Takhisis

Takhisis Jinping, wer fragt uns?

I might feel compelled to help out once my current game (a combination of mafia + Settlers of Catan) is over, IF things relax a bit here and my head's up to it.

Tani Coyote likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.