"Don't Cry for me Argentina!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

"Angola Declares Soviet Union After Invading Kongo; Kongo Declares Great Patriotic War"

One of the small benefits of partaking in an IOT is when it comes time to summarize what's happened and you get some really insane headlines like this one.

(Context: Leninist state invaded its Stalinist rival)

I don't think even CivOasis has shilled his games this hard. :crazyeye:

Kongo with a K? Is that the original RL pre-colonial indigenous state in subequatorial Africa?

You will have to read the thread to know. Then again, given Tani's post, I would encourage you not to, for the sake of your sanity.

Kongo with a K? Is that the original RL pre-colonial indigenous state in subequatorial Africa?

I lifted the state title from the original Multipolar World's list of states, so the K came with it.

Though now I have another criticism the Soviet Union can lob at them. :mischief:

(Context: Leninist state invaded its Stalinist rival)

"Leninism vs Stalinism" isn't a real thing because so-called Stalinists are usually also Leninists. The most common form of pro-Stalin Leftist (and by thought nowadays is called Marxist-Leninism. There are Leninists who don't like Stalin, but your terminology is incredibly confusing and quite incorrect. Its like calling the two sides of the Great Schism "Papists" and "Christians". Its not like Catholics worship the Pope and ignore Christ.

Like I'll admit that my post is a massive oversimplification but like seeing terms like "Leninist State" and "Stalinist State" being thrown around is a much worse oversimplification.

"Leninism vs Stalinism" isn't a real thing because so-called Stalinists are usually also Leninists. The most common form of pro-Stalin Leftist (and by thought nowadays is called Marxist-Leninism. There are Leninists who don't like Stalin, but your terminology is incredibly confusing and quite incorrect. Its like calling the two sides of the Great Schism "Papists" and "Christians". Its not like Catholics worship the Pope and ignore Christ.

Like I'll admit that my post is a massive oversimplification but like seeing terms like "Leninist State" and "Stalinist State" being thrown around is a much worse oversimplification.

Even before we talk on Trotskyism the consideration of Marxist-Leninism AKA Stalinism (it was developed under Stalin) can have set of having a more orthodox form of Lenism appose the Stalinists and that is in the realm of Bolshevik positioning. Of course one can argue the use of a Orthodox Leninism would be a particular label to invent as it were and the traditional Leninist critique were emerging in Trotskyism, before Khrushchev denouncing Stalin, although this does lead to positioning of state capitalist vs state capitalist argument of which the true way and which is revisionism. The overall question is setting out the framework, to consider the ideological development in a space, to frame the philosophy of it.

Perhaps Lenin's Testament could be used by Tani in this consideration for... textual argument with his NPCs.

No, don't be stupid. There is no artificial divide between Leninism and "Stalinism", as Stalin was following in Lenin's footsteps. You cannot have one without the other. If you were looking for a revisionist state, you would find it in Khruschev's vision of the USSR, not in Stalin's!

Even before we talk on Trotskyism the consideration of Marxist-Leninism AKA Stalinism (it was developed under Stalin) can have set of having a more orthodox form of Lenism appose the Stalinists and that is in the realm of Bolshevik positioning. Of course one can argue the use of a Orthodox Leninism would be a particular label to invent as it were and the traditional Leninist critique were emerging in Trotskyism, before Khrushchev denouncing Stalin, although this does lead to positioning of state capitalist vs state capitalist argument of which the true way and which is revisionism. The overall question is setting out the framework, to consider the ideological development in a space, to frame the philosophy of it.

Perhaps Lenin's Testament could be used by Tani in this consideration for... textual argument with his NPCs.

What the hell.

No, don't be stupid. There is no artificial divide between Leninism and "Stalinism", as Stalin was following in Lenin's footsteps. You cannot have one without the other. If you were looking for a revisionist state, you would find it in Khruschev's vision of the USSR, not in Stalin's!

Considering Lenin's refused indigenous people the right to return to their homelands and other stuff I can guess what footsteps Stalin might be following...

Considering Lenin's refused indigenous people the right to return to their homelands and other stuff I can guess what footsteps Stalin might be following...

Put that degree to hard work!

Aww, boo! Come on!

AHAHAHAHA
RONALDINHO SOCIETY

how would you best set out environmental impacts? Just brainstorming at the moment.

I know the use of wind patterns to model the spread of fallout was a neat idea for IOT IV Aftermath...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom