1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Dota 2

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by GoodGame, Jun 30, 2012.

1. civvver

civvver Deity

He's not picked as often but he still dominates when picked. I think the patch is live already. That's what the forums are saying anyway.

I had a fun game last night. Enigma (me), Warlock, Tide, Viper, Skele king. Won every team fight. We didn't even rax, we got to their mid, they tried to defend on top of their tower. Warlock ults, tide blinks in and ults, I ulted right after, killed all 5 with no dmg to us. Finished their base on that push. Wombo combos can be a lot of fun.

2. Crezth

Crezth 話說天下大勢分久必合合久必分

Engma/Warlock/Tide sounds nasty. Awesome though. Enigma's new aghanim's looks like it could be fun, maybe a good choice after blink dagger? I don't know if enigma has the mana to cast black hole twice so i don't know if refresher is a good choice.

3. Nintz

Nintz King of the Britons

The real kicker is when you see an Enigma Black Hole, Rubick steal it and counter-Black Hole, Enigma pop a refresher orb to one-up Rubick, and then Rubick use his refresher-Black Hole all in the same teamfight. Quite a bit of moving the other team members back in forth in mayhem.

I think Enigma typically has enough mana for double black hole if he either builds raw mana/mana regen or hasn't cast anything in a while, and has a pretty full mana pool. Only played him a couple times, but I don't remember having any mana problems past lvl 6-7 or so, unless I was spamming my other skills like mad.

4. civvver

civvver Deity

Black hole isn't that expensive, just don't spam your other stuff, make sure you have close to full mana in a fight. I don't think you need to worry about aghs plus refresher though, you won't have enough gold to farm all that and get decent starting items like soul ring/basilius and treads. Enigma is a pretty good stat stacker though, unlike a lot of other supports. I usually do get treads on him and aghs fits that line of reasoning. On a lot of supports aghs is kind of a waste. Like the new skywrath.

So far disruptor is just op as hell. He was already super strong so I don't get the buff. Now he has glimpse up pretty much whenever he wants it. The worst is when you tp out of a gank only to get glimpsed back. His ult now prevents item use so you can't even bkb to ride it out. If you get stuck in the circle it's death. You have to be really heads up and run out of it while it's forming now.

Also Jakiro wasn't really buffed but for some reason he seems to be getting picked a lot more, which is bad when he's against you cus he's also super strong.

I played a clinkz game and he's pretty strong now too. With his arrow rework he's a legit tower pusher (arrow now adds physical dmg to his attack so it works on everything). Use his stealth speed to jump into a pushed lane, pop strafe and down a tower fast. Downside is ghost scepter ruins his ganks now. Smart players will start buying that a lot now vs him.

5. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

His glimpse isn't really that greatly buffed, it just has reduced cooldowns at higher levels, and his ult is only 30 damage higher. Item silencing only happens if he gets aghs... and he's an atrociously poor farmer. Not to argue that he isn't really powerful, but the reasons for his strength aren't purely because of glimpse.

6. civvver

civvver Deity

Ah you are right, it was added to aghs only. Not a big deal then, reminds me of skywrath's buff, sounds cool but not that practical. Glimpse lower cd is a big deal though, very under utilized spell, a lot because of the high cooldown, you had to save it for best use. Cooldown is now much more manageable, you'll see a lot more disruptor's using it well.

7. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

Jakiro is very nice as is if you can get good at blind, skill-shotting the Icepath. Almost a perfect companion for all the other skill-shot heroes (Pudge, Clockwerk, etc...). Icepath and the passive slow can guarantee that team-fight routs turn into team-wipes. His first skill is a bit iffy because it is so short-ranged, and the ultimate is not really dominating without refresher orb/Aghanim. But still a very decent support hero that can support in about any way needed.

How do people like the new Brood? Kind of amazing how such a mediocre carry is suddenly complained about in forums just because of specialized movement. I kind of thought losing tree destruction was a nerf, since that effectively removes the need for jungle wards. I'm imaging Brood's new abilities allows for some more creativity then like more comfortable nesting near tower chokepoints to gather baby spiders, and also for a comfortable river-camping strategy for a Rosh/rune/jungle control web network, since she can climb cliffs out of sight.

8. civvver

civvver Deity

Jakiros Q is mainly for pushing waves I think. It's not that great as a nuke cus it's mediocre dmg and over time but with his E ability it can kill a creep wave and makes him a strong pusher.

I've had brood on my team a couple times and she's been scoring a lot of kills but I haven't watched the play much, not in my lane. I haven't had to fight her yet. She's basically super hard to kill now vs before she was a free kill once you put don't sentries. Good buff, some people complaining.

9. GoodGame

I've played some brood, and I don't think her new web unbalances her at all. It just makes her more interesting to play for the unusual mobility (which can be used to lure opponents into team fight ambushes while quickly escaping death herself), whereas before she was probably the least popular invisible hero. Her health gain is kind of slow, so I think she's best as a very early carry who does well supporting another aggressive early carry. Her mid to late game is as a hard support (mek) or sporadic lane pusher.

I'm definitely not sure that soul ring is such a core item now, but I think Vlad might be general purpose core now. Skullbasher+Yasha is probably ganker core, and soul ring is only for kill-stealing and amassing spiders.

I think with a rushed shadow blade and boots (tranquil or phase) she could be a true ganker threat, spreading web-bases all over the map, which afford retreats and quick cross-river/lane movement.

Bounty Hunter/BloodSeeker is now her hardest counter; Diffusal blade is critical if facing him.

Know any tanky builds for her?

10. civvver

civvver Deity

Nope, I don't play brood, or have any desire to! Like you said, she's not op at all, but some people are complaining.

I did however play bristle last night and man! Those are some nice buffs! His attack point is so quick now, I was hitting way to early on last hits at first. I think they also didn't sync up his animation correctly with his new attack points. His goo also casts super fast, no one is escaping you now, and his ult stacks longer and more stacks. He's close to a carry now if you are durable enough and have enough mana to get those stacks up, he's going to do like 200 extra dmg easily.

11. GoodGame

I like Bristle's buff but he is incredibly micromanagement-dependent now to keep stacks up. If you can max stacks and then trigger mask of madness though....

12. Lord_Iggy

Lord_Iggy Tsesk'ihe

I don't think that maintaining his stacks really constitutes micromanagement.

13. GoodGame

the snot is hard to lay down :)

Discovered fun Mirana build at random

Wand->Urn->Phase boots-> Mask of Madness->for afters, Monkey King Bar.

Lots of insane damage that you shove in their face, but beware reflective damage items/abilities.

14. civvver

civvver Deity

Bristle's stacks last longer now, 14 seconds, so it's much easier to keep them up. You usually spam quills in a team fight and do enough goo in between it's a non issue keeping them going.