DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION Here

What exactly is RAND, because I saw the wiki for it but I still don't understand it? And when is the next patch for RFC coming out:confused:!?

Whats the point in having a random map?

Do they have RFC for the original Civ 4 (the first civ 4)??

I know this request will probably be ignored (it usually is) but would it be possible to make the XML in this mod utf8 compliant so it doesn't cause crashes on Japanese and Chinese versions of Windows?

I really want to play this, but I keep crashing to the desktop from XML errors :(

I recall that Firaxis declined our request to update the XML format to utf8

what's happening on July 3 2008 is that when the newest version is coming out??

I'm sorry, I forgot to update that date, which was about my concert (the one in my avatar).
The new version is probably coming out in September; I've made a part of the patch already and the changes are already in RAND, but I don't think it would be a good idea to release a half-patch before leaving for the holidays.

ok, one last question:

While I was playing RFC I was the Babylonians, and then the Egyptians became the Old Kingdom and the Greeks were called the Greek League, how come Persia, India, and Babylon's (and more civ's) names don't change??

They will change name later, according to government and other factors.

Do they have RFC for the original Civ 4 (the first civ 4)??

RFC for regular ("vanilla") civ4 is here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=177

How do I update rhye's and fall so that the babylonians have the ziggurat and it venice not milan?? Because I had to uninstall the game (BTS) and then reinstall it again?

:D:D:DMY 100th POST:D:D:D

ah ok, I reinstalled path 3.17 and then I downloaded RFC update 1.181 for the unlocked civs.;)

is there any differences between this RCF mod and the standard one from 3.17?

Not currently. But Rhye is planning to release another patch soon which will be different to the one which comes with BTS 3.17.

In Middlish September I think he told me;)

Wait...now I am really confused.
I thought one had to download RFC 81181 for the latest rhys version.
You´re telling me that the very latest Rhys version is included in the latest official patch for BTS?

Thing is I just installed RFC 81181 as instructed (extract to bts mods folder)...but now Rhys keeps crashing upon loading!!

Any ideas on what to do here?

no he didn't say what would be in the patch

and to solve your problem have you tried to download 3.17 patch?

that would be REALLY helpful, and also to make the game more relistic more religions in the ancient and classical era (if it can be done) or else i'm tired of having Islam and Buddhism spread to the new world. If you find a city and your state religion is Christian then their should be a higher chance that it would spread their.

just somethings ive noticed, keep in mind im not a very good civ player (cheftian).
1. Isnt it a little difficult for arabia to expand, the byzantine force in North Africa is rather difficult for either a human or AI player. this leaves Spain to become quite powerful and AI Arabia has never invaded spain in games ive played.
2. Couldnt there be an Italy 600 AD instead of making it an independent city. This is one thing i think would really help the game because italy never reappears and the peninsula ends up being controled by either france or Germany.
3. Shouldnt there be a Indepedent Tunis for 600 AD.
4. ive found in later games the balkans is and empty area, i dont know if its possible to add a civ, but the addition of perhaps austria i believe would really benifit the game.
5. As portugal i found spain often settles the western coast of Iberia. this makes it difficult to create a second city (Oporto).
6. couldnt there be a indepent city in either sicily or sardania, both are notable kingdoms.
7. couldnt there be some more barbarian cities in early 600s this would make playing as the vikings a more interesting game than exploring an empty coast.

I think instead of barb cities (which would be razed) I think their should be native cities all over the east coast of America, it makes settling easier:)

I think instead of barb cities (which would be razed) I think their should be native cities all over the east coast of America, it makes settling easier:)

Except that the Natives didn't really build any cities.
Also, how would cities make settling any easier? Surely it would only make conquering easier?

Top Bottom