DOWNLOAD LATEST VERSION Here

That's not my experience. In my current game as the Dutch (600 AD version) the Maya are gone and both the Inca and Aztec are vassals of mine. (Ofcourse the Dutch don't need to conquer any of the precolumbian civs.) It may also differ per difficulty level played, I assume.;)

That's because the Maya don't exist in the 600 AD start ;)

Check it out in the Worldbuilder - load it up from one of the starting civs. The Mayans are represented by Chicken Itza and Tikal as independent cities, in a similar manner to the Byzantines.

That's because the Maya don't exist in the 600 AD start ;).

Quite true.

Check it out in the Worldbuilder - load it up from one of the starting civs. The Mayans are represented by Chicken Itza and Tikal as independent cities, in a similar manner to the Byzantines.

I find that more often than not when starting from either 3000BC or 600AD that Tikal and Chichen Itza are levelled by the Barbs, whether they were Mayan or Independent respectively. Although this is reasonably accurate from a historical perspective (the independent tribes in Yucatan were not well organised at the time of the Conquistadors) I'd probably find it more interesting from a gameplay perspective if there were some cities around rather than just city ruins.

I find that more often than not when starting from either 3000BC or 600AD that Tikal and Chichen Itza are levelled by the Barbs, whether they were Mayan or Independent respectively. Although this is reasonably accurate from a historical perspective (the independent tribes in Yucatan were not well organised at the time of the Conquistadors) I'd probably find it more interesting from a gameplay perspective if there were some cities around rather than just city ruins.

Well, if you could play a custom scenario, you could turn City Razing off.

I don't know if this is universal or specific for my system. Cities which have names that contain non-standard characters, like Tenochtitlan, cannot be clicked in clicked in domestic advisor screen.

I'm playing with the Turks in 600AD scenario. Wanted to play a more realistic game without having to relocate the capital so I rushed to conquer Istanbul so that it would become my capital. All went well, then other cities flipped to me and Arabs declared war. I conquered Mesopotamia from the Arabs and then they collapsed when I took Mekkah as well. I decided to leave the rest of their cities alone while I conquer Athens which I need for UHV, but by the time my armies arrived in Istanbul, Athens flipped to me because of culture. I noticed nothing wrong at that time, but some time later, while I was conquering other formerly Arabian cities, I noticed a silver star on Athens. I opened the city screen and saw that it has a Palace building. Next, I opened Istanbul, my capital, and there was no Palace. Is this normal?

Oh, yeah, you dont get a palace if you use that technique, I remember getting a "you have no palace" penalty to my maintenence costs once, you need to build it still.

No he's not. I would bet you anything that before you invaded Mecca you had no Palace at all and when you invaded mecca (including palace) you got a palace in mecca cos it wouldnt get destroyed if you didnt allready have one.

Yes, he is. The city that's got your palace is your capital. (The capital got the capitol, as it were.);)

For some reason, the screenshots aren't working for me (latest version for BTS). I already took some screenshots for FFH2 for BTS since last install so I have no idea what's wrong with RFC. You can go ahead and try on your own: start a 600AD game with Turks, first thing conquer Istanbul and then take Atina. You'll and up with capital in Istanbul and the palace in Atina.

I had the Turkish palace in Iskenderun when I used that strategy; its location appears to be determined by some method that I don't know.

Can you please give me the whole package, 'cause I can't find it anywhere at any place. Please add link!

- mssmjscss

I got a repeatable CTD on taking Constantinople. If this has been reported already my apologies.

Attachments

• germany.CivBeyondSwordSave
    719.7 KB · Views: 284
New to Civ IV and just got the whole package upto BTS 3.13.
Naturally I looked for Rhyes Great Mod , just DL so haven´t tried this AWESOME mod yet.

BUT my question is of course in memory of Civ3 versions.
You had an Expanded version that was very different from the basic one.
I have halfhearted read many threads and I do believe I must ask if such Rhyes Expanded version is available for Civ4 BTS ??
Hm perhaps it´s not needed.
Bare with me since I haven´t started the version I DL.
Appreciate a fast answer before I dig in and play.

Civ4 almost looks worth a try with your Mod in it...

Top Bottom