Dr kossin #5

I've actually tried Deity a few times but I can't seem to get the timing right for the opening. I guess I'll keep trying in the dark a few times before coming to the boards on that level :D

@Gumbolt, Starting on hills costs a turn and a food resource. From glancing over some of his other games i know Kossin knows way more than the basics. Also you have to take some risks to get GLH on immortal. Can't always build 10+ archers early game to be secure against everything. Seeing the amount of barbs in the last screenshot something did go wrong though, what Kossin said himself i think, there seems to be a whole lotta nothing in the north east and you need fogbusters out there or a road network with axes around your cities to defend if you really get hit hard by barbs.

Agree with Windsor actually :lol:, on deity you're on your toes usually as barbs'll hit hard if they've got breathing room.

I think Kossin would of known I was joking. Starting on plains hills would give +1 production and 3 food resources. of course without settling the city you would not have known this.

It would also allow a city SW with 3 food resources. I think you would agree its unlikely the cows would be used any time soon.

^You're right, missed the lol emoticon in your post, sorry. Should have known your remark was made in good jest really.

^You're right, missed the lol emoticon in your post, sorry. Should have known your remark was made in good jest really.

No worries. On the plus side Kossin has quickly lifted herself from this honourable defeat to a new daily round. Was a bit unlucky really. Although I do think more people should play pangea maps so they can escape from this GLH strategy. The cookbooks seemed to be littered with games with this GLH in. Theres no escaping its light!! Shine on my old friend. Just not in the cookbooks!!! :mad: hehe

It's hard to escape from the evil powers of GLH, it's often the best wonder on pangea maps too. Pangea is direct contact with all civs enhancing GLH value. Of course if you can only get to 3 cities early because of building GLH something went wrong :lol:.

Top Bottom