Dr.NES - The D.O.O.M. Project

The first update will occur tomorrow or late late tonight, simply because I want everyone possible to join before updates begin.

As for planning, you can begin discussion now.

Uh...can't participate then. Its 2:20am here, and I need to sleep. Then, I have a busy day today (tomorrow for you all)...so I would be unable to discuss at all. Maybe we should have an Update 0 soon, then some significant time (2-7 days) of discussion before Update 1?

Gentlemen, I think that first of all we should start deciding who is going to be the leader. I think that it should be the one who can make the best decisions (OOC: highest intelligence). I am not going to propose myself to be leader, as I am sure there is someone else that would be more able for the post of leader of DOOM.

EDIT: I am with Darth, us Europeans need to get to bed right now (it's 1:24 AM, and I need my beauty sleep to function properly tomorrow). Let's say that update 0 deals with the arrival of the team to Brazil and the placing of the first camp, and after that we start the discussions over who plays leader of the team and what shall be done.

History:
Nicolás García was born in Valladolid, Spain, on 31st July 1980 to Antonio García and Maria Isabel Argüello. His life in a well-off middle-class family in Spain was quite good, and young Nicolás didn't lack of any necessary thing, and his loving family gave him much support during his first years of life.

However, as he reached adolescence, Nicolás started to fall out at school due to a new fad that had appeared among the young Spaniards: drugs.

He had started with marijuana, given to him by a school friend, and then he tried cocaine and heroine, which got him hooked. During the next months, he slowly changed from an outgoing, cheerful and studious person to an introverted lazy boy whose only goal was to get money for the next dose. His parents saw that Nicolás had a problem, but they didn't know what it was, until Nicolás 17th birthday, when a call from a hospital warned the García Argüello family that their oldest had had an overdose of cocaine and had been about to die.

Once Nicolás recovered from the overdose and saw the pain his addiction had brought to his family, he felt ashamed and vowed to recover himself and never to fall into drugs ever. It would be a long process, but in a year Nicolás had managed to not only survive going cold turkey, but he also recovered his brilliant marks and graduated from high school with the highest marks of his year, making him one of the poster image of the possibility of youngsters to recover from the worst situations and bounce back.

When he turned 18, he was called to do the military service, working with the army's doctors. It was here where he found his two vocations: the feeling of healing people was really good, and the discipline of martial orders was what he needed to fight off the last remnants of his addiction to drugs. Once he left the military academy, he entered university and graduated in Medicine with flying colours.

He rejoined the Spanish Army, and for many years he would work in many places around the world, going to the Balkans, Congo, Ethiopia, Lebanon... until he got exhausted from living in the army. When, during a travel to New York City in a official leave, he saw the advertisement that announced that D.O.O.M. was searching for personnel, he tended his resignation to the army and joined D.O.O.M, with whom he has been working for three years up until this moment.

I wouldn't like to be leader. However, I will be up for any scouting. If needed me and maybe a few other guys could check out one of the villages and then report back to the main group.

OOC: Yeah, let's wait for the guys across the pond. It seems a bit unfair to start the update without their input.

OOC: Yeah, let's wait for the guys across the pond. It seems a bit unfair to start the update without their input.

Try across the pond and a continent...I'm in Eastern Europe.

So, I am not to keen on being the leader, but will be willing to take it if push comes to shove. I think the leader should be one who stays with the group (sorry Ninja Dude), and has a higher Intellegence skill since he/she (where all the womens at?) will be calling most of the shots.

I'm willing to lead the group.

Uh...can't participate then. Its 2:20am here, and I need to sleep. Then, I have a busy day today (tomorrow for you all)...so I would be unable to discuss at all. Maybe we should have an Update 0 soon, then some significant time (2-7 days) of discussion before Update 1?

Update 0 will be the introduction. It is a-ok for you to miss that. After the intro, there will be significant time for further discussion. This is preliminary planning.

I thank you Doctor (Milarqui) but really I should be an advisor to the leader. I am a scientist and though I can handle a gun and know military protocol and tactics I would not choose myself as leader. I will take the role if no-one else wishes to. I personally would nominate Ruben (Cha) to be our leader: he is intelligent, wilful, determined, skilled and strong. He is also far more experienced in combat situations than I am. I may know the theory but that does not, necessarily, mean I know how to put it into practise. After that I nominate the Sarge (germanicus) for the same reasons as Ruben.

Dread I have posted my final edit of my character. Could you please add me, as well as germanicus and Charles to the front page.

I thank you Doctor (Milarqui) but really I should be an advisor to the leader. I am a scientist and though I can handle a gun and know military protocol and tactics I would not choose myself as leader. I will take the role if no-one else wishes to. I personally would nominate Ruben (Cha) to be our leader: he is intelligent, wilful, determined, skilled and strong. He is also far more experienced in combat situations than I am. I may know the theory but that does not, necessarily, mean I know how to put it into practise. After that I nominate the Sarge (germanicus) for the same reasons as Ruben.

El Jaguar votes for Ruben to act as team leader. I am confident in his abilities as a soldier, an expert, an intellectual, and an all round able man. I hope my fellow Spanish speaker, Doc García, accepts as well...along with all other members of the group.

Louis (NWAG), at the risk of sounding a bastard, I feel I have to tell you that you are a field medic and while this is an admirable job it does not really make you a good choice of leader, much as my own profession, a scientist, does not make me. Also you lack certain qualities a leader should have... (I trail off before I end up insulting Louis)

I said I was willing to- the reason being that no candidate had put himself foward as wanting to.

Louis (NWAG), at the risk of sounding a bastard, I feel I have to tell you that you are a field medic and while this is an admirable job it does not really make you a good choice of leader, much as my own profession, a scientist, does not make me. Also you lack certain qualities a leader should have... (I trail off before I end up insulting Louis)

I concur. Your abilities should be best kept at what you are good at, which is, unfortunately, not leadership.

WAIT Ruben do not feel pressured into being leader of our merry band. The worst leaders are often the ones who really do not want the job. Only take the up the mantle if you feel you want to be our leader.

Note: I am going to bed now and am away tomorrow just to let you guys know.

Stats are good as of now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Update 0 consists of the team to the area. Then, you get a gps map of the area, as well as more information relayed to the ship.

*Thomas watches the others argue over the leadership position and chuckles while he cleans his guns and prepare his baggage for the upcoming fight.*

*Gunshot rings out and Thomas dies* :p

In all seriousness: what role does money exactly play in all of this? Buying more stat points?

Or supporting a family back home by paying off the mortgage? :p

Top Bottom