Dragonia II Mod

Yeah, I'll have to play with the Uniform Scale and throw some bones and firepits on the ground to enhance the building scale.

The Tree of Life

The size is large because of trees_1024.dds. Eventually this and other files using Firaxis trees should be combined.

How's this for a rough start on the above building? It has the walls/portculis from a previous building as well as a ramped hill and balconies on the main building.

What is going on top of the actual building? And what texture type for down the road?

Normally I'd have the 4 wall towers higher than the wall, but the above pic has them all 20 feet along with the wall. Do you want that changed?

Attachments

• GF.jpg
    GF.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 96
An untextured render of the Heironeous layout from page 5:

Attachments

• HBig.jpg
    HBig.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 102
How's this for a rough start on the above building? It has the walls/portculis from a previous building as well as a ramped hill and balconies on the main building.

What is going on top of the actual building? And what texture type for down the road?

Normally I'd have the 4 wall towers higher than the wall, but the above pic has them all 20 feet along with the wall. Do you want that changed?
Replace the hill with a stairway. It will make the tower look taller. Also, add some merlons on top of the wall. Other than that, its looking good. Of course, add the normal orc decorations around (skulls, heads on spikes, etc)
Texture:
The building material should be some reddish gray stone. Lets try different stone patterns between the building, wall and wall towers. The balcony should be wood. The building door should be iron. The wall towers should also have arrow slits.

Replace the hill with a stairway. It will make the tower look taller.

So remove the entire hill and have a staricase leading to a doorway that is halfway up the tower? ie - the tower bottom now is level with the wall bottoms.

Also, add some merlons on top of the wall. Other than that, its looking good. Of course, add the normal orc decorations around (skulls, heads on spikes, etc)

Lots of polys, but this is a one/game building, right?

Texture:
The building material should be some reddish gray stone. Lets try different stone patterns between the building, wall and wall towers. The balcony should be wood. The building door should be iron. The wall towers should also have arrow slits.

I'll see how well the slits show up. If you have a wall pattern/texture in mind feel free to post a 256x256 version and I'll work with it. ;) Otherwise I'll colorize what I have in my library.

So remove the entire hill and have a staricase leading to a doorway that is halfway up the tower? ie - the tower bottom now is level with the wall bottoms.
Yes

Lots of polys, but this is a one/game building, right?
Yes

I'll see how well the slits show up. If you have a wall pattern/texture in mind feel free to post a 256x256 version and I'll work with it. ;) Otherwise I'll colorize what I have in my library.
I do not have one in mind.

Your temple of Heironeous looks pretty good. Add a chimney for the armory/smithy and some shields/weapons leaning against that building. Also, add the merlons on the wall and towers. (I think merlons can be made by a single block and using the alpha channel to set the crenels to be transparent on the texture. Correct me if I am wrong.)

For wall and main building, use a light grey stone. For the stable, armory/smithy, and barracks make them wooden buildings.

Your temple of Heironeous looks pretty good. Add a chimney for the armory/smithy and some shields/weapons leaning against that building. Also, add the merlons on the wall and towers. (I think merlons can be made by a single block and using the alpha channel to set the crenels to be transparent on the texture. Correct me if I am wrong.)

Weapons might be too much buck for so little bang, but I'll see if I can find a texture and put that on a slab. I'm sure you could set crenels to be transparent, but I don't mess with alpha much. I'll ask winddelay or just do what I did for the Gruumsh Fortress, several 6 poly stones.

For wall and main building, use a light grey stone. For the stable, armory/smithy, and barracks make them wooden buildings.

Yup, thatch roof as well.

They look good. :thumbsup:

Take a look at this site I came across. I wonder if he'd donate some of those models. :)

Top Bottom