Dream Thread

I dreamt I was time travelling. Upon awakening, I thought that would make a good short story. :yeah: I should make notes before I forget this all. Let's see...I was time travelling and...and...and...oh:gripe:

I think this joke was told by Orson Welles to Bogdanovich in their interview book (from memory).

A writer used to complain that all his best ideas came to him in dreams, and he'd forget about them upon awakening.
One evening he decided to try something about it. He left a notebook and a pen on his nightstand and went to sleep.
He awoke in the middle of the night, scribbled down some notes on the notebook, and went back to sleep.
In the morning, awakening, he was sure he'd had another good idea, which he just forgot. Then he remembered about the notebook. He went to check, and read:
Spoiler :
"Boy meets girl. At first they fight, but get married in the end".

yeah , that should be the origin of the Romantic Comedy that used to make big money ...

I dreamt I was time travelling. Upon awakening, I thought that would make a good short story. :yeah: I should make notes before I forget this all. Let's see...I was time travelling and...and...and...oh:gripe:

Happens every time for me. I hate trying to explain to my partner and literally feel the sentence slipping away from me.

Journeying, but now have to go on foot. That means that this laundry-basket of possessions is going to be too heavy to carry, so I start going through it to eliminate items. One of the three crystal goblets will have to be left behind. But I think there's a space I can put it where no one will notice and I might be able to retrieve it when I return.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but I had some interesting dreams in New Orleans a couple years ago.. These days I basically don't remember many dreams at all.. maybe 1-2 a year? I flew to New Orleans to visit a friend though and had vivid dreams for a couple nights in a row.

The first night there I had a dream that my friend's roommate came home late at night.. I was sleeping on a mattress on the ground in the livingroom. Nearby the door but not that close.. In my (very vivid) dream his roommate came home late and tripped over me, fell over, and started yelling at me. This was so vivid that I woke up later and had to sit down and think for like 5 minutes to figure out what the hell and if that actually happened or not. Eventually I realized that it did not make sense to have happened the way it did and accepted that it was a dream.

The next night I had a dream that I was walking around this creepy house, which had holes in the walls. There was a baby on the ground and I tried to pick it up, but it had a hole in its head and brains started coming out started sliding out through some of my fingers as I was trying to lift it up. Some messed up MFing H*@%. I forget what else I saw in that house, but there were other people in different rooms, and no demons on anything crazy like that. Sketchy and confusing people at best, I never see monsters in my dreams, ever. The baby with the brains thing is a weird anomaly. I never have messed up dreams like that, that was really kind of.. spooky.

I forget what I dreamt about the next night, but after returning home I stopped remembering my dreams again and have never since had any weird dreams. It's been about two years now.

We'll see what happens when I end up returning to New Orleans. I loved the food and people so I am definitely coming back eventually. I'm not superstitious at all, so the potential for future weird dreams does not concern me.. as much as it intrigues me a bit.

Last edited:
I was walking through a building that a realtor was showing to Eminem. But I initially didn't recognize him because he'd put on a bunch of weight.

Edit: I just half-interpreted my own dream--a Fat Slim Shady!
Of course, whatever that might mean is the big question.

Last edited:
I was in my uncle’s car, bound for Wisconsin, when I suddenly realized I had to ride in my mother’s car.

Fortunately, she was parked in a nearby driveway. Unfortunately, however, my uncle was already moving. I asked him to slow down to 10mph so I could get out.

I got out and stood up perfectly. Then I woke up.

What didn’t make any sense was I was already in Wisconsin. How could I go to a place where I already am? At least the weather was decent for once.

Close Shave I think this is the first in a series.

I am a retired/disabled cop in Honolulu. I, along with Cho from the Mentalist & Hawaii 50, set up a barbershop in downtown Honolulu. It is really an undercover police sting/spy operation. Both Cho & I are somewhat out-of-shape so step one: exercise and get girlfriends because y'know :hug:

Last edited:
I was in my uncle’s car, bound for Wisconsin, when I suddenly realized I had to ride in my mother’s car.

Fortunately, she was parked in a nearby driveway. Unfortunately, however, my uncle was already moving. I asked him to slow down to 10mph so I could get out.

I got out and stood up perfectly. Then I woke up.

What didn’t make any sense was I was already in Wisconsin. How could I go to a place where I already am? At least the weather was decent for once.

Well, it sounds like you had to ride in your mother's car because she was already in Wisconsin, which is quite the driveway in the dream.

I was a witness to a mass shooting of stage actors, and while at the trial I was talking with Gilbert Gottfried about old late-night talk shows. There was one guy I was trying to remember that had a show, not Dick Cavett or Merv Griffin. Not Mike Douglas either, I never really saw any of those.

First, we had to break into the high rise to get the (bad?) guy with all our guns, we brought miniguns and artillery. Everything was sized wrong, half the time it was legos, half the time it was real-ish.
Second, girl I'm talking to got elected mayor of a small town on the Yucatan and I got there just in time to shoot the "ten plus the other 180" narcos that came to assassinate her. The "180" part was off camera so to speak. The place looked like a low budget adult school built in the late 70s.
Third, I'm kidnapped and being held ransom. Lots of weird elements like I keep trying to pick my nose when my captors aren't looking, and I have to recount accurately trips I had taken like the details of old bachelor parties or I'm a goner.

:think:

First, we had to break into the high rise to get the (bad?) guy with all our guns, we brought miniguns and artillery. Everything was sized wrong, half the time it was legos, half the time it was real-ish.
Second, girl I'm talking to got elected mayor of a small town on the Yucatan and I got there just in time to shoot the "ten plus the other 180" narcos that came to assassinate her. The "180" part was off camera so to speak. The place looked like a low budget adult school built in the late 70s.
Third, I'm kidnapped and being held ransom. Lots of weird elements like I keep trying to pick my nose when my captors aren't looking, and I have to recount accurately trips I had taken like the details of old bachelor parties or I'm a goner.

:think:

Well, the picking of the nose when the captors aren't looking seems to be a clue about what the captors are. Maybe either education officials, employers or parents?

I left my home in the San Gabriel Valley [where IRL I never lived] stopped at a bank [that I never used and may not exist], withdrew some cash from the ATM, and turned to find a towering volcanic cloud :eek: In retrospect, it couldn't have been real because it was quiet [volcanoes are LOUD] and not hot [most of the people in Pompeii baked to death].

I was walking through a building that a realtor was showing to Eminem. But I initially didn't recognize him because he'd put on a bunch of weight.

Edit: I just half-interpreted my own dream--a Fat Slim Shady!
Of course, whatever that might mean is the big question.

It's still Slim Shady even though he is now fat? (continuation of identifying stuff as something set, despite changes to them)

I've missed the 4:06 bus. I see that I can catch the 4:33. I will only be a little bit late for whatever I'm going to. I'm standing in an open-air mall. There's a rack containing a product that looks like a small accordian folder. I work out that it's intended to be a wallet. Also, depending on how you fold it, it can have different outer surfaces--different colors, suede, different designs.

Top Bottom