Dream Thread

I've missed the 4:06 bus. I see that I can catch the 4:33. I will only be a little bit late for whatever I'm going to. I'm standing in an open-air mall. There's a rack containing a product that looks like a small accordian folder. I work out that it's intended to be a wallet. Also, depending on how you fold it, it can have different outer surfaces--different colors, suede, different designs.

An accordion folder contains an accordion. But if you work (out), what was really there (wallet) can get filled too.

no doubt somewhat influenced by yesterday's post , ı found myself waiting in the line at the office where Americans get their driver licences , whatever its name might be . My brain somehow having deduced this was a particular sort of hell for Americans . Of course the first thing to know here that ı do not drive , not even as a Starfleet Admiral ... So , ı was respectful and whatnot and state my business (of which ı still have no idea) in English and the official answered in Turkish . She had an odd sort of a skirt , but ı have never been a fashion sense guy and this is where it ended . Considering ı remember it , this must be another of Dreamcaster's check runs . Trolling me that this would be the hell we would be giving America , a wait in the office ...

no doubt somewhat influenced by yesterday's post , ı found myself waiting in the line at the office where Americans get their driver licences , whatever its name might be . My brain somehow having deduced this was a particular sort of hell for Americans . Of course the first thing to know here that ı do not drive , not even as a Starfleet Admiral ... So , ı was respectful and whatnot and state my business (of which ı still have no idea) in English and the official answered in Turkish . She had an odd sort of a skirt , but ı have never been a fashion sense guy and this is where it ended . Considering ı remember it , this must be another of Dreamcaster's check runs . Trolling me that this would be the hell we would be giving America , a wait in the office ...

You tried to fit in, but as usual the other party was mit and spoke to you in turkish :p

the so called national intelligence service would have no idea what she went on to say . And no , all those advisors to your Goverment have utterly failed to read the relevant story involving defence against evil the Turks menace in that particular field .

Just don't turn this into a Turkey-Greece thread, it is really not interesting. And don't worry, the media here by now are paid by the gov and have become pretty much the same as the turkish ones (although without the high-cost tv series production of the latter, so even worse).

oh pretty well aware you are still on the joke that am a foreigner that poses as Turkish . And a good thing that ı don't watch any of those high powered TV series , you know , despite the risks , so ı have no intention of moving unreal and non-existant executive or non-executive producing stuff out of places to here .

the office where Americans get their driver licences , whatever its name might be
DMV. Department of Motor Vehicles. But we all know it by just those three initials. And regard it as a waking nightmare.

thanks for the info . And apologies for any sour taste for remembering the evil place .

I've written an article about the US Constitution that brilliantly and utterly persuasively discloses something about it that no previous scholar has seen. I'm being celebrated. We're about to walk up a hill for photographs at a historically significant location. One person, a tall, gangly man with a Central European accent, really wants to walk up the hill with me. I'm fine with that, but we get separated. I look for him all the way up the hill, but I never see him again. I see a guy I think might be him, but it's not.

I've written an article about the US Constitution that brilliantly and utterly persuasively discloses something about it that no previous scholar has seen. I'm being celebrated. We're about to walk up a hill for photographs at a historically significant location. One person, a tall, gangly man with a Central European accent, really wants to walk up the hill with me. I'm fine with that, but we get separated. I look for him all the way up the hill, but I never see him again. I see a guy I think might be him, but it's not.

See, success will attract figures from your past :)

Last night I had a dream in which I was paddling a canoe through the corridors of a flooded apartment building, with Lisa Edelstein. :think: :mischief: :lol:

I was walking down a street in my hometown with Molly Parker, the actress, singing "Coolidge" by Descendents. Then I was at a house party with a bunch of people I haven't seen in 25 years, and they were all still in their 20s, and I felt very uncomfortable.

I had a dream a week ago.

I was on the balcony of a childhood home, one with a beautiful view of much of the San Francisco Bay. It was the dead of night, so peaceful and pleasant.

I saw the shimmer of four star-like rockets launch in front of the mountains of the Marin headlands, and I thought to myself

How pretty, how lucky I am to watch.

I wondered what they were launching, and why so many. And then I was mad.

Really mad. Like come on you guys, really? REALLY? We went this far and someone decided it was time to attack? But then I realized, I hadn't time, and if I was lucky, I could send off one last text. One te amo to my girlfriend just so she would understand.

I watched one of the rockets careen behind the mountains. The explosion behind it was nearly as tall, the sky looked like day. Then the next, further north, but closer, and a third, near San Francisco. The missiles weren't terrible accurate, and I still had a second to send a message maybe, or maybe it was too late. I woke up.

I had a dream a week ago.

I was on the balcony of a childhood home, one with a beautiful view of much of the San Francisco Bay. It was the dead of night, so peaceful and pleasant.

I saw the shimmer of four star-like rockets launch in front of the mountains of the Marin headlands, and I thought to myself

How pretty, how lucky I am to watch.

I wondered what they were launching, and why so many. And then I was mad.

Really mad. Like come on you guys, really? REALLY? We went this far and someone decided it was time to attack? But then I realized, I hadn't time, and if I was lucky, I could send off one last text. One te amo to my girlfriend just so she would understand.

I watched one of the rockets careen behind the mountains. The explosion behind it was nearly as tall, the sky looked like day. Then the next, further north, but closer, and a third, near San Francisco. The missiles weren't terrible accurate, and I still had a second to send a message maybe, or maybe it was too late. I woke up.
Premonition of nuclear war :o

I walked into some local government office. For some reason, they had you take your shoes off. The clerk in the office noticed some images that my socks were making on the carpet--not stains, just embossing. She pointed them out, "The Sword and Shield" was her name for the icon [It's not anything I know outside of the dream world]. She was offended that I would be so cavalier about using "The Sword and Shield" symbol. I figured out that it was an image on the inside sole of my shoe, that was imprinting it on my sock, which was in turn imprinting it into the carpet, and it was really the shoe-designer who had cavalierly used "The Sword and Shield" image.

I walked into some local government office. For some reason, they had you take your shoes off. The clerk in the office noticed some images that my socks were making on the carpet--not stains, just embossing. She pointed them out, "The Sword and Shield" was her name for the icon [It's not anything I know outside of the dream world]. She was offended that I would be so cavalier about using "The Sword and Shield" symbol. I figured out that it was an image on the inside sole of my shoe, that was imprinting it on my sock, which was in turn imprinting it into the carpet, and it was really the shoe-designer who had cavalierly used "The Sword and Shield" image.
Nice...
So ultimately you were blamed for something destiny forced on you (try walking in my shoes; actually, you were also walking on your shoes, via soles) :o

I had a labyrinthine dream, but sadly only recalled a few bits when I woke up. But it was quite cinematic and filled with dreams within dreams etc.

Occasionally have lucid dreams. I somewhat know I am dreaming and can, to a certain point, control what happens in the dream. It is a nice sensation and i want to keep dreaming but i am increasingly aware it is only a dream until I wake up completely.

I'm on a tour. It might be sponsored by a university (see below). The first night's accommodations are in the dorm of (a different) university. There start to be problems. First with the accommodations. We're all asked to sleep in the hallway of the dorm (even though earlier I and some others had moved our stuff into dorm rooms). Then, the next day, we aren't able to enter the tour site (something archeological, I think). The tour directors try to offer alternate sites to visit, but they're a real disappointment to everyone involved, so they decide to throw in the towel. That will involve a 5 hour walk back to the origin of the tour (which is also 2/3 of the way across the state of Georgia). They tell us all to meet at a local landmark called "The Butcher's Block" in two hours to start the walk, but they only give us vague directions as to where it is. I walk through a mall and outside the mall looking for someone who might be able to tell me where "The Butcher's Block" is. Eventually, I see the dean of the university that arranged the tour (he's 2/3 of a state away from where he should be). I ask him if he has heard that the tour was a bust. He says no, but then he starts going through the checklist of things we were supposed to see on the tour and asking if I went to those sites. I answer "no," but guiltily, as though I had skipped them out of laziness or lack of interest, rather than because we couldn't get into the sites.

Last edited:
Top Bottom