Drug References

mv10

Chieftain
Hi guys, Ive only played the Civ 5 demo (waiting for my student loan to come through so I can buy it) but I noticed at the beginning it says there are drug references in the game. Im just curious has anyone who owns the full game come across these yet?

It IS the drug. :D

Wine is a luxury resource. If there's any reference to alcohol in a game, it gets that tag.

What about slaying millions of simulated people in the name of greed and world domination?

Warning:
Game is a game because it allows you to do things you wouldn't do in real life.

I will retract my smart-ass comment when they invent a real-life-simulator that runs in real time...of course...it would still have to have all the usual warnings!

In conclusion: I hate stupid ---- like this "drug reference" issue.

That is exceptional harsh and fear-mongering if it a ref to the opium wars. Thats a historical reference rather than sitting bull puffing on a crack pipe.

Whats the deal with "powered by gamespy" is Steam not the mutliplayer supplier?

It could also be something stupid like being offered to smoke the peace pipe. Save the children.

Whats the deal with "powered by gamespy" is Steam not the mutliplayer supplier?

Gamespy powers the mods ayes, Steam servers are used for hosting the multiplayer games, however the browser design is made by Firaxis.

Hi guys, Ive only played the Civ 5 demo (waiting for my student loan to come through so I can buy it) but I noticed at the beginning it says there are drug references in the game. Im just curious has anyone who owns the full game come across these yet?

Yes. This game is very dangerous for our youth.

You might learn in it that there was some event called the Opium wars where our noble politicians basically invaded China because the Chinese wanted to stop producing opium for the West. A huge percentage of the population in China was addicted to it (partly thanks to western influence) and that EVIL CHAIRMAN MAO finally put an end to it (both production and consuming).

I sense the sarcasm in your post, but I think the general consenses is that Mao is 'evil' for reasons totally unrelated to opium production.

Top Bottom