Dune Wars Unique Units

How about Honored Matres, now this is a combat unit. Plus enslavement (unit capture).

Honored Matres don't fit in the timeline of this mod, which is around Dune and Children of Dune. They come many thousands of years later. I strongly opposed including them here.

AI should use them for worker killing
I don't like this; they're being used as assassins for killing important people, not for hunting down worker serfs building infrastructure.
It also won't be "nasty"; the AI already uses normal units to hunt down workers. What is the advantage to a unit that just does that, and doesn't attack other units? Wouldn't they be better off with a quad?
The only way this would be useful is if they were made invisible, but that would just be incredibly frustrating for a human to deal against (unless we add spots invisible to a bunch of units - like thopters, which I've suggested), and easy to exploit against the AI (which doesn't understand how to spot invisible units - even with detectors).

I don't like this; they're being used as assassins for killing important people, not for hunting down worker serfs building infrastructure.
It also won't be "nasty"; the AI already uses normal units to hunt down workers. What is the advantage to a unit that just does that, and doesn't attack other units? Wouldn't they be better off with a quad?
The only way this would be useful is if they were made invisible, but that would just be incredibly frustrating for a human to deal against (unless we add spots invisible to a bunch of units - like thopters, which I've suggested), and easy to exploit against the AI (which doesn't understand how to spot invisible units - even with detectors).

No, invisibility is not good. But they seem to be HN. (Lazas). HN and workjers work good. I think they may have Str 3-4 +100% melee -100% Vehicle, Assasin (targets weakest unit), Hidden Nationality.

Or just anti melee unit with ballista elephant mechanics - targets Melee units outside a city. Not assasin, normal unit, move 3. +100% melee -100% vehicle, can move in desert

I like more the bolded one - simplier, cooler, and usefull.

But they seem to be HN. (Lazas). HN and workjers work good.

Not really, the HN unit will just get destroyed as soon as it enters enemy territory (or before then, if you have open borders).

I tend to lean away from Hidden Nationality. They don't work well; they're useless unless you have a big army of them (an army of tigers?), the AI uses them poorly, and your allies with open borders enter your territory and destroy them.

with ballista elephant mechanics
I am unfamiliar with this unit. From which mod? What is the mechanic?

Not really, the HN unit will just get destroyed as soon as it enters enemy territory (or before then, if you have open borders).

I am unfamiliar with this unit. From which mod? What is the mechanic?

Khmer BTS UU
Ballista Elephant
Anti-Mounted +50% vs mounted as all phants
If its attack stack outside city it targets above all Mounted (preferable weaker units) units, and then guardians archer s etc.

That mean laza would be semi-assasin anti-melee unit that will pass through any units if it attack stacks, and will attack preferable melee units 1st, using well known vanilla BTS mechanics, which fits for LT very well.

We can add for it Melee and Great People (which is very rare case , and Atreides Heir is melee unit , right?)

Top Bottom