Earth 2010 PBEM

Excited about this game! my email is amatczak1 at hotmail dot com... going to download the mod tonight!

PS - If anyone here is interested in yet another Earth-game... check out the thread in this forum for "Triumvirate Uprising: Earth 18"... its the Earth 18 scenario in standard BTS except it will be a PBEM game and each player will control 3 civs. The civs are broken down into pools and it should be fairly balanced. There will also be a bit of an advanced start. We need 3 more players, think about joining!

Do the Arabs have Terrorists or Suicide Bombers in this one?

Apparently there are terrorist units that do not show a nationality... although we all might be able to build them, not sure yet.

The Muslim bloc may be wiped out quickly... but I'll tell you what, we will throw a wrench into international politics before we go!!!!!

Only spies and Special Force units can see them, but you still don't know their nationality. I am not sure how AI (especially Barbarian AI) will use these units, but human player can target random building or decrease population by 1 unit. It will not tell you which building you have destroyed, sadly.

Muslim block can get powerful backers, if you could find (secret) supporters among human players. They can arm you, they even can gift you (or sell you) with IBCMs -- only 3 house rules, remember? Everything else is theoretically allowed...

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0078.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 282
Turn 1

US forces engaged in fierce fighting in Afghanistan recently, suffering some of their worst casualties of the war. However, the Army reports that a major Taliban redoubt in the mountains northwest of Kabul was cleared and is now in US hands. The Army was supported by air cover from the US carrier battle group stationed in the Persian Gulf.

In other news, President Obama took decisive steps to balance the US budget, leading to a budget surplus in the US this year.

Fears are mounting of a possible famine in New England if food is not soon shipped into the area soon.

Turn 1

US forces engaged in fierce fighting in Afghanistan recently, suffering some of their worst casualties of the war. However, the Army reports that a major Taliban redoubt in the mountains northwest of Kabul was cleared and is now in US hands. The Army was supported by air cover from the US carrier battle group stationed in the Persian Gulf.

In other news, President Obama took decisive steps to balance the US budget, leading to a budget surplus in the US this year.

Fears are mounting of a possible famine in New England if food is not soon shipped into the area soon.

Great... havent even downloaded the mod and we are already losing cities and units...

anyone want a (secret) Muslim-vassal? We will terrorize your greatest enemies and leave you alone for nuclear and military support. PM me or email me to keep it secret ;)

Turn 1

I know what you mean ;) You just need to barrow one sea tile from Washington to get a very slow growth with Modern Fisheries!

I wonder if Russian Federation got any interesting trade proposals from USA... Like to form a permanent alliance and gear up for the (shared) science victory :cooool:

sooooo I'm having problems downloading the mod. The gamefront website crashes and attempts to reload and then I get an error loading the website. Is there an alternate download I can use, or can someone zip the files to me through another site?

I'm getting the same problem although I thought it was a crappy WiFi connection
That explains it

Yes please someone zip it up and upload it to an alternate location or better break it up and put it in the CFC Downloads

Weird. I just re-downloaded the whole thing again -- no problems! It says there were 17 downloads this week alone -- so somebody is getting it. Could you guys give it another try, perhaps during the night hours (for the East Coast). By the way, gamefront never gave me problem before...

By the way, in my test games Argentina vassalize peacefully to Brazil on the turn 1, just an info ;)
What???? I though the game started in the real AD2010... this would never happen!!! :crazyeye:

Just kidding off course. Brazil alone would be even crazier (from a balance point of view) but this one has nothing to do with reality!

Will send my email.

Well, I ended up making Argentina Human civilization ;) So since Dumanios will control both South American civs he can vassalize Brazil to Argentina :lol:

I have forwarded your email to tdy. After you play your turn -- my email is in the opening post: Vladimir Putin currently thinks how to put his KGB skills to a good use... :mischief:

It is a shame how easy is it to implement nuclear proliferation in BTS. You just need an open borders with say Indonesia :)cough:, :cough:) to re-base and gift them ICBM. But then, with a Marathon speed and only one city to create new nukes -- who would risk parting with a precious WMD? :nuke:

Weird. I just re-downloaded the whole thing again -- no problems! It says there were 17 downloads this week alone -- so somebody is getting it. Could you guys give it another try, perhaps during the night hours (for the East Coast). By the way, gamefront never gave me problem before...

I did try last night east coast time and yeah... same error multiple times. My internet explorer crashes trying to load that site. Can you just take the zip file you download from there and load it on mediafire or some site like that?

Mediafire now hosts Earth 2010 zip. Also updated the opening post.

P.S. Who uses IE nowadays? :) Google Chrome is the way to go!

I have downloaded the mod and it appears to be working properly for me, yay! This looks exciting, cant wait to get crushed! ha

I have downloaded the mod and it appears to be working properly for me, yay! This looks exciting, cant wait to get crushed! ha

I would recommend everybody to get familiar with the starting situation by downloading my WorldbuilderSave file. It may be a spoiler, but at least I will not have an unfair advantage of being the only one who knows the (modified) starting situation... In Barbarian King's original starting situation many cities were starving, Russia was overpowered, Asian Tigers looked like little cats, etc... I mean, I almost never touched the units, just a little bit more realistic map, cities and overall Demographics values. Most civs got Moai Statues in one of their coastal cities. With the old map Brazil did not even have Sampa (the largest city in Southern Hemisphere) :eek: I have also, for example, made sure that all the 26 Megacities (metropolitan areas with more than 10 mln population) have the correct comparable sizes and actually are present on the map!

Don't neglect your culture; no matter how hard I tried to balance it -- cultural borders still do weird things if your city does not produce enough culture to beat opponents culture from the nearby city... Also AI civs tend to disband lots of their units even with 1000 gold I gave them (and huge discounts created by Barbarian King)... But, hey, every mod has some issues, I hope that 6 Humans will make up for AI stupidities...

P.S. It make take Luthor up to 48 hours to send Chinese save to me :sad:

I would recommend everybody to get familiar with the starting situation by downloading my WorldbuilderSave file. It may be a spoiler, but at least I will not have an unfair advantage of being the only one who knows the (modified) starting situation... In Barbarian King's original starting situation many cities were starving, Russia was overpowered, Asian Tigers looked like little cats, etc... I mean, I almost never touched the units, just a little bit more realistic map, cities and overall Demographics values. Most civs got Moai Statues in one of their coastal cities. With the old map Brazil did not even have Sampa (the largest city in Southern Hemisphere) :eek: I have also, for example, made sure that all the 26 Megacities (metropolitan areas with more than 10 mln population) have the correct comparable sizes and actually are present on the map!

Don't neglect your culture; no matter how hard I tried to balance it -- cultural borders still do weird things if your city does not produce enough culture to beat opponents culture from the nearby city... Also AI civs tend to disband lots of their units even with 1000 gold I gave them (and huge discounts created by Barbarian King)... But, hey, every mod has some issues, I hope that 6 Humans will make up for AI stupidities...

P.S. It make take Luthor up to 48 hours to send Chinese save to me :sad:

Sounds like you did some awesome work, thanks for that. I will check out that file tonight if I get a chance.

Don't worry about Luthor - with a game like this where you are thrown into a massive map with lots going on, that first turn takes a while for everyone... I may take a full 24-48 hours for my first turn (since I now have a new plan, mwahaha). Once the first rotation finishes it will speed up...

Top Bottom