1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth_realsimV1-18 civ realistic and balance game play is the aim

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by niust, Dec 8, 2005.

1. gmanne

gmanne Safe One

Had a lot of fun with this mod, thx for all your work.

2. }{ELL/\/()

}{ELL/\/() Warlord

you know you playing as china and then saying it is balanced doesnt make too much since because they are always the strongest AI civ on world maps, try it with a european or middle eastern civ then get back to us.. oh ya and if it is realilistic the chinese and the indians will get overrun by barbarians so much their research will bretty much stop in the 1400's

3. Sisonpyh

Sisonpyh Prince

Could you move Britian 1-2 water tiles up so London and France don't overlap?

Also, England should have Horses and Scotland should have Iron and Fur.

4. niust

niust Chieftain

I lost many time as china.... only way I won by any rate has always been a military one.... I also play rome and others... and yea...when i play china barbarian do wipe me out from times to times... in this map..in many games, the leaders were not the same.... one time were persian..but some time they are dead last... german..and russian..do led often....i don't fine the game leader to be only one CIV...depend on there luck..really..;) I will try to play other more..but like i said..leader are random in my experience..

OH..and about chinese history...their civ..have always been like this... original chinese like the shang got took over by barbarian zhou..and zhou got sinized and become chinese...then barbarian like Qin (which was the name of china = qin, chin) took over..and became chinese..and so and so..like sui..tang..yuan..manchu...chinese is not a race really:p ...just culture...we can find this pattern in many development of world civilizations history...like the english and by the way...indian or china did not stop there reseach in history by 1400... the English and the rest just move very fast and 'catch up' by1800...they got industialized first and MILITARY over ran india china..and pretty much every one by 1900.. of course just like the game when any civilization got take over it is hard to get back on their feet.. But I believe problem of fail civilizations had always be an internal one(and mostly politics)..external factors just make them go down faster.... well..we can always discuss this later... CHOA..

5. niust

niust Chieftain

I'll look in to that next time.. english and french...uh look the same from the out side... teste totally different from the inside..haha:lol: can mean any thing by anyone:mischief:

6. Sayounara

Sayounara King

I've tried the game and Rome never works its land because of Carthage. They were dead last both games I played (first as Jap, 2nd as German).

Also, PLEASE strengthen the Americans.

7. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

The map is incompatible with the new game speed marathon, because the turns are limited to 720...

Please fix that, put max turns to 1200. And also please remove the dot at the end of Louis XIV, and change Incaland to Incas and Aztecland to Aztecs, and change Empire of Japan to Japanese empire.

There is also some odd river placement in northern Asia. One river doesn´t connect to the sea, and another has some cutted parts.

Another minor change to the map would be to make Malvinas (Falkland) islands tundra instead of grassland.

Finally, a think that sometimes looks good but it is imbalancing are the trees in the mountains. They cannot be removed and they give the health bonus to the cities near them. Besides, sometimes they look odd (green trees in the top of a mountain???) . I think they should be removed.

Thanks and excelent map!

EDIT: I made all the changes myself. Removed max turns, fixed odd river placement in asia and germany, changed malvinas to tundra and removed all the trees (I think). I´ll post the file is you or anyone is interested in this changes.

View attachment Earth_realism V1.3.zip

8. eluvaas

eluvaas Chieftain

I am not able to, in several several games to see Christianity from any other civ nor especially myself who tends to aim for it. Is there a reason for this?

Also I would like to see an option to play a random civ.

:viking: :viking: :viking:

9. geebo

geebo Prince

a barb state probably found it...happen with me the viking city found judaism... in my opinion i like the minor nations...it spices things up....

10. DigitalD

DigitalD Chieftain

the rivers looks awful all over the map... just have a look at those screenshots:
    what a crappy map *flame

Attached Files:

11. niust

niust Chieftain

:mad: which version is this? the official one or the not offical new one ? I 'm sure to make some mistakes, but not from what I saw in my game and your posted photos :confused: well ... "awful" is rather a strong word for free public share map :(

I will fix my mistake in time when I have more time. I think it is a Computer graphic problem, rather then the actual drawing. Anyway thank for comments :cool:

12. niust

niust Chieftain

Map don't cause that but MoD will :crazyeye: random is done by the earth map in game itself . you can just close your eyes and chose one You know ! kidding

13. niust

niust Chieftain

Thanks you Very much for this comment . I will look at this file And make change as it needed :goodjob:

14. niust

niust Chieftain

yea in my game too !:mad: but it not the Carthage as. they are in north aferica but the AI in Europe that block Rome. Can not seem to help after 3 attempts to strengten their starting position. :rolleyes: Seems that even better starting resource they still cannot became a real Roman ;) for America they do fine in most game but never lead. So, I may need to rethink abit may be . :scan:

15. DigitalD

DigitalD Chieftain

its the official 1.3 version
    i dont said the map is awful only the rivers looks awful...

16. jlindy

jlindy Death From Below

I think it would be a hoot to play this map as the barbarian state... Prime turf all over the place!

17. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Niust are you here ???

18. mattf

mattf Chieftain

i've been lurking these boards for years now with the civ series, and actually registered to thank you for this scenario. its awesome. but i do agree with the person here that wrote chinese becomes a world power. i must've played a dozen full games (at king) and most of the time the chinese (as played by ai) become a dominant civ. the aztecs often wipe out or dominate most of north america. other then that, great map. it offers great (realistic) gameplay in most other senses! looking forward to upcoming versions!

19. PurpleTurtle

PurpleTurtle Shellshocked

Mount Vesuvius is in the Med around Italy. Vesuvius is a volcano that destroyed the Roman city Pompeii. You have a mountain in Madagascar labeled as Vesuvius. Thought I would mention it since you are going for realism. Additionally not all 18 civs are in the map. You are missing all of the tribes of the Americas.

20. vladstrutzu

vladstrutzu Chieftain

nice map... i made an european map inspired from your barbarian powerd world :goodjob: