1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eating habit

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Timsup2nothin, Nov 9, 2018.

?

What is your first bite?

1. The meat

12 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. The starch

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  3. The veggie

9 vote(s)
    27.3%
  4. I unhinge my jaws and swallow the entire plate whole.

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

I figure they'll have to take the guns first so I'll be dead by the time they get to meat.

2. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Not in an OCD way, but I'd bet most people do have a reflexive preference in selection of their first target. I guessed at starch for me just because I'm fairly certain my targeting runs automatically to whatever is quickest and easiest to get on a fork, and that's usually going to be the starch.

3. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

Your guns aren't making the poor poorer, why would I come after them first?

4. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Disable emotion chip

It is based on predictions but the predictions are based on taste and not on what the base dish is. For example I generally don't like vegetables so if I were served carrots I would generally eat them last. However my mother has a fantastic carrot recipe so when I eat at her place and she makes her carrot recipe I tend to eat those first. So "most to least tasty" better describes my eating habits than "vegetables last".

5. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I dunno. Sometimes I cut a bit of the meat first and put that in my mouth first. But sometimes I go for the potatoes first. Sometimes for the cabbage or whatever, to see what kind it is. Sometimes for the caesar salad because I love caesar salad. If I'm eating Thai food, you usually eat it all at once, so you'll get a soup, noodle dish, and appetizer, but what you bite into first might depend on what arrives first. With a Japanese bento box it's similar, I guess I'd usually go for a sushi roll first, but that contains meat too. I might go for a gyoza dumpling first though. Rice and miso soup always after each bite.

There might be larger patterns in my eating habits I'm not noticing

I was initially going to say that I cut the meat first. But I love mashed potatoes so sometimes I'll try those first. Maybe I'm just not so ritual about my eating. Every meal is a new adventure

6. Timsup2nothin

Timsup2nothin Another drone in the hive mind

Mmmmmm...mashed potatoes...I knew this thread was a mistake...must find food.

7. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

Because most of those with guns won't let you take their meat.

FTR, I do not own a gun. And will not until the zombie apocalypse ;)

8. El_Machinae

El_Machinae Colour vision since 2018 Retired Moderator

If it becomes a function of violence, guns won't protect those wishing to over-consume meat at the expense of everyone else

Meat overconsumption is a supply chain, purchased with liquid capital. Once the person with the gun declares that violence on this front is Justified to allow them to pursue their destructive hedonism, the entire moral Matrix changes. It's not a battle that can be won on that front.

9. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

While I can appreciate the sentiment, I can't agree. Morally I can't understand why they still have guns. And typically those that control the meat production are the ones that will still have their guns.

10. civvver

civvver Chieftain

I think I go veggie first but I don't really know. It depends. Same answer as Tim, if it's meatloaf I probably cut that with my fork and eat that first, but if it's steak or chicken I want to chew before I pick up a knife. Then you can be chewing and swallowing while cutting your next bite. Vegetable first seems like a good appetizer.

What about beverages with meals? During a normal meal do you consume much? I find myself hardly drinking at all during meals, interferes with the eating and makes you full. Unless it's like pizza/wings and beer. But normal dinner with water I don't drink much.

11. rah

rah Warlord Supporter

ditto

But sometimes if I'm out with a group of friends and we started drinking earlier..............

12. BenitoChavez

BenitoChavez Disable emotion chip

I always have lots of water with my meals. A cold glass of water is very satisfying. It also helps with swallowing and removal of food particles.

13. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

I also drink lots of water with my meals. Basically I put some meat in my mouth, potatoes, salad, and every single individual thing that's on the plate... or so. Then I start chewing and add water to every bite.

14. Zkribbler

Zkribbler Warlord

I eat small meals, so usually there's not much of a choice.
    The only multi-food meal is breakfast, and I always bite the toast first.

15. Broken_Erika

Broken_Erika Nothing

Your thread has a Typo. That being said; I enjoy eating Hobbits.

16. Lohrenswald

Lohrenswald nIGHTMARE

I cut a bit of each for each moutfull

17. hobbsyoyo

hobbsyoyo https://thespacecadetblog.com/

I do this but not on my first bite. I tend to go for the starch because I assume that's going to be the best part of the meal. But once I've established how much I like each portion I'll eat them from least tasty to most tasty as you do.

18. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Slippin' Jimmy Supporter

Of the three primary types of dishes - blonde, brunette, redhead

19. AmazonQueen

AmazonQueen Chieftain

don't eat meet so that simplifies things
    tend to go for tastiest thing first - cheese, mushrooms - but if I've made a sauce or pesto etc then the carbs might qualify as tastiest

20. Snerk

Snerk Smeghead

The fish.

JollyRoger likes this.