Eating habit

What is your first bite?

• The meat

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • The starch

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • The veggie

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • I unhinge my jaws and swallow the entire plate whole.

Votes: 4 11.8%

• Total voters
Meat, dairy, starch, and veggie in the same meal usually has mashed potatoes as the starch, and it is the glue that holds everything together for the first bite.

I usually "shovel" meat into my mouth, while I load my own plate before actually eating from the plate most meals.

Otherwise it is a meal that already has everything mixed in together.

The spirit of the poll is: which one would you find more appetizing. So my answer is a very clear: the meat. Although in RL I always pick my least favorite food first, leaving the yummiest (for me) last.

(And you didn't mention pasta. That would win against anything for me. Yes, I'm aware of being a walking stereotype.)

why is meat the 1st option? why not just put protein?.. is it that hard to imagine that people don't eat meat?

imo, always, always the broth first. generally I try the foods first that decrease in quality the fastest - fish, meat, deep fried stuff, blazing hot soups.

alternatively, this way

Cows are vegetarians. I eat cows. Therefore I eat vegetarians. :yumyum:

I've heard this (and infinite iterations) way too often. never, ever, did anyone laugh. just stop trying bro. you're one of the funniest people I know online, but those kinds of jokes are just embarrasing

LOOOOL vegetarians eat green stuff, they eat the food of my food! xD

I figure they'll have to take the guns first so I'll be dead by the time they get to meat.

never had gun before but it's supposed to spice up your soup like crazy

Morally I can't understand why they still have guns. And typically those that control the meat production are the ones that will still have their guns.

Don't get out out much, eh?

For me its all bout the way its prepared:

*Puts on best Homer Simpson voice*
Hey, Goober, where's the meat vegetarian option?!? ;)

Ahem. Another veggie over here :wavey:, so I chose to read the poll as 'Meat Protein, Starch, Veggies'. And that's my order of first-bites, too.

It depends on my mood and whats most easily accessible to eat first (what’s on top).

Why is there no option for "it varies"?

Why is there no option for "it varies"?

Because that is going to be the obvious answer but would provide no information.

I was pretty sure that no one sits down to a meal reminding themselves "meat first." Whatever pattern there might be I figured it would be subconscious, and subject to a whole lot of potential interference so not totally consistent. Like for me, since my motives really do just revolve around getting food in my mouth as soon as possible, I would never opt for a first bite that involves cutting. Steak is out but meat loaf might be in; steamed broccoli is out but peas and carrots might be in; and my actual answer being the starch is really reflecting that it seems most likely in more cases because I can't think of a starch that would need cutting, except a baked potato, and I know that even I don't start eating until I've gotten a baked potato 'ready' by splitting it open and getting butter and stuff onto it so it still might be the first bite. If "it varies" was an option clearly that would be more correct and I could just skip all the explaining...but I also wouldn't have provided an answer as to which was most likely.

Anyway, I'm satisfied, given the admittedly small but still definitive data set, that the potato company claim that "they always taste the potato first" was not just a hyperbolic expansion on "usually," but was probably outright wrong.

The correct order in which to consume your meal is: veg, carbs, protein.

Spoiler :
Yes, there's a hierarchy for specifics.

Spoiler :
Yes, people think i'm weird.

Spoiler :
Yes, this caused problems when I was a nipper.

Meat first, carbs second, veg third. Then cycle through that order until all are consumed.

I eat everything eventually, but I struggle to answer this because sometimes it's the meat and sometimes it's the starch. It's variable enough that I'm uncertain which is more likely based on my own track record.

Veggie would be rare/exceptional so not that.

The other day I had a chicken plate at a Mexican restaurant. I found myself eating it in the reverse order that I voted here.

Top Bottom