El-J 03 ~ Going Rogue, AoI Style

I don't know that it was so much of a "focus" but rather what we could do and could not do with what we had available.

When I took the turn, there were a good number of transports to move stuff around and while the fleet was being challenged by the US (and the occasional Brit), there was enough of it to provide good gunfire support to whatever islands I decided to pick on. Scouting revealed that what I could see was not that heavily defended and I wanted to secure our communications through the Carribean and not give the US a good area to push the attack against us. In addition, some of the remaining locations were held by the Brits, so they needed to go just on principle.

We had a force in Central America, but scouting showed the city they were next to was very heavily defended and even if I had the fleet available for nothing but shore bombardment, it would be awhile before we could take the city and in the mean time, the US would have been given the local initative to pour more troops into the area.

We were at a good stopping point in South America as well in that what we had was very defensible for the moment while dealing with the US in the north.

I also sent a lot of troops and some workers to the theater although they were not available for my use, people going after me got the benefit of the additional forces.

I guess a long story short is I had limited forces at my disposal and decided to fight off/get aggressive to the north where the action was coming in from the US to help secure the area and get control of the seas in the area from the US. Since the end of my turns (and with the capture of Cuba) it sounds like the US has been somewhat annoying, but not really a big threat.

Week 33, 1910 (finally completed)

As I finish this week, I want to ask -- why did we focus on small islands in Caribbeans while South America could provide us with much more Land with the less time and logistics?

What Klyden said above :agree:

Basically when the US backstabbed us :backstab:it shifted the focus to the Caribbean. Unfortunately the reinforcements from our Pacific Island strongholds and the Asian Mainland take a while to get to SA. I had about 3 loads get there during my turns, and many more on the way.

By the way, the transports in Amsterdam count for more than one load each. Each of them (5 right) can make two trips. So that is actually 10 loads or 40 cargo space - could equal 20 Corps, which we should have in Europe. Of Course, you kind of have to have the free space to land on. I was using Setsus to enforce ecological reform on the British whereever possible (removing terrain improvements through bombardment). If there are only a few units on the tile, you can redline them then destroy the improvements underneath. Its counterproductive if you are going to keep the terrain, but somehow it just feels good.;)

IBT

Speaking about annoyance -- not for a single time during this long game have I seen any methodical well organized challenge to us by AI. I don't know how others feel, but AI either too predictable, or unpredictably lame.

This IBT was no different, especcially on British part. I have landed about 20 Corps near London after we finished our wars in Europe. Too bad I was thinking just like Ivan and thought that one can do 2 trips with transports. In fact one can do 3! Instead of landing on that hill near London I should realize much earlier that our Marine comes with Blitz! There were only 2 Cavs on the tile just one Douver straight tile away from Amsterdam. Our Marines were called from Egypt and I discovered (way too late) that I can clear that tile in one turn! So we had a force of 20 Corps plus few other units against few hundreds British and not a single Corp lost a sing HP during IBT. Brits just too scared of us. They used railguns to bombard our ships insted. Landed 4 Cavs near Cayenne. Redeployed in Puerto Rico. Thats about it.

Americans keep being a pain in the veins. They bombed and sunk unprotected and thankfully empty transport near Costa Rica. They bombed from the sea and air our Cuban troops. Our ships near Oregon got mauled by airstrikes, but nothing got sunk. Near Norway we lost another BB to American Florida BB. In short -- lots of noise, but little land actions. They still would not talk.

Italy renewed a peace with us but did not renew RoP. When I asked why they said they didn't like the way we declared on Central America. Oh well...

Week 37, 1910

Lima and Cuzco

On the West Coast all the ships we have around bombard the capital of Peru. The fight is fierce and bloody we loose 2 WW1 to the redlined MGs. I do some logistical tricks and deliver 3 Fresh corps from Honduras. But I spare them for Cuzco, and continue to press with WW1s again. This important city finally fells and I am too eager to finish this game to wait for guns in order to attack Cuzco. I send 3 Corps againsr green defenders. 2 of them score kills, but the other one failed misarably :(. One of the Transports Ivan was talking about arrived to Lima and I continue with Cuzco. The stubborn defenders are crashed and we will attack La Paz next turn.

Recife and Salvador

East Coast of South America sees more blood and fire this turn. Our glorious Navy trains her guns on Recife. We dont have many units here and I commited a good amount of them to deal with Porto Velhol. Thanks to more logistical tricks I get some troops from Africa and boldly attack the city. Thanks to our Navy we take it for no losses.

Salvador has 4 defenders but is 2 tiles away from the borders. 2 available Corps score 2 kills. I need another Corp and some Cavs. And again Africa helps us with both. We loose 1 Cav but we take the city and I press F8. Yesssss! We are 65% Land and 70% Population :rockon:

If I declare on Italy we could win this turn. But our familiar soothsayer says that many years later Italy will be a part of Axis, so we will just wait for the next turn.

This is how South America looks right now!

TBC

Well done on all counts!

Great game gents. Glad to have played it all the way through and especially to an impressive win like that.

Great game everyone! Nice finish with London Tigranes.

I really enjoyed this scenario. Great job to El J and everyone who helped him construct this.

Great game everyone! Nice finish with London Tigranes.

I really enjoyed this scenario. Great job to El J and everyone who helped him construct this.

Bummer, my webfilter at work doesnt let me see the images.:(

Anyway, great job! This was a fun game to play. Thanks for allowing me to join the team and participate in this epic win.:goodjob:

It was 4 am here - I was speachless :crazyeye: Reports to follow. :)

Congratz, didn't follow this one, but I will definitely tag along in the next one.

I just want to congratulate all of us for completing this exciting game. I hope El Justo will post someday here! :)

This is what happened to produce pictures which I used to replace thousand words :)

Week 37, 1910 (completed)

Even though we were about to win I still circled through every single unit. I was kind of a final goodbye visit payed to every corner of our huge Empire. None of the cities in 2/3 of Japanese world been gifted to us -- our brave men took it all with the brute force. Local population was all happy with our Domination. They used to see constant wars among greedy imperialist until the Sun from the East has Risen and removed fighting fractions from the world's scene.

We produced 74 Advanced Airship this turn, but only 60 had enough fuel to reach Amsterdam. Our few Transports in Amsterdam made 3 trips each to land Corps, guns, WW1s and Cavs near London. Some 34 BBs were ready to join the Siege of London. At the end of the turn we had 70 units against 41 defenders in British Capital. I was very thankful to all the leaders who made those ships available, even though our main fleet never left Caribbeans.

I took special pleasure in blusting as many infrustructure in West Coast USA as I possibly could. Our ships in Caribbeans burned 5-6 American Airships in Cancun. Who is the author of that marvelous death animation?

Week 41, 1910

It took only 2 cities to reach 66%. Porto Velhol fell after good bombardmenet and attack with all those troops I was moving in jungles for 3 turns! La Paz was a tougher nut to crack as I still was experiencing a shortage of artillery. But I was so eager to finish that city that I could not wait and attacked green MGs. One of our Corps winned but the other one lost even though our boys been fighting with a great valour. When I finally took the city only F8 key spared those Bolivians from complete annihilations. WHen I saw that 66% I was like Finally! FInally our troops can stop fighting and enjoy our Mega Empire.

But one business was still unfinished. Do you all remember the word "This war will end in London"? They been quoted when our arch-enemy, the British, cowardly :backstab: because of Lowlands few years before. History has it's irony -- the very capital of former Lowlands Amsterdam became a base for the biggest Military Operation the World has ever seen -- the siege of London.

As a culmination of our War London was bombarded from the sea, from the land, and from the air. 34 ships, 11 guns and 62 Airships delivered death blows to the stubborn defenders in British Capital. British were so arrogant they did not reinforce the capital during IBT and even King refused to leave his Buckingham Palace, apparentely misinformed about our strength. We have assembled 29 Corps against London, I used only 20 to finish British Capital (each took 2 strikes).

I spent half an hour thinking about which unit will be given an honor to kill the last redlined defender in London. I wanted it to be our first leader. Klyden generated him during the siege of Shanghai. It was anavailable. Finally we decided to use our Marine (we had only 2 Naval Infantry units at the end of this game, the very first one was in SA) . Our boys entered London from the Sea in the great simbolic humiliation to the British Empire. "Rule Britania, Britania rule the waves" -- not anymore!

Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great! She has become a home for demons and a haunt for every evil spirit, a haunt for every unclean and detestable bird. For all the nations have drunk the maddening wine of her adulteries. The kings of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.

This ended the struggle of our Mega Empire against the European Age of Imperialism. After British signed humiliating peace and gave us all the little gold they had I ended the turn to see the victory message! Week 45, 1910 was the first week of a new Age, the Age of Japanese Domination! :hatsoff:

The End!

P.S. Just to offset this glorious picture a bit -- Americans still would not talkl and fighted with us even during this last IBT. And if you don't move your troops let British declare on you again without reinforcing London -- British take London back killing our 70 defenders and 29 Corps :eek: ).

Top Bottom