1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Eldorado - The conquest of a new World

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by general-jcl, Dec 31, 2009.

1. general-jcl

general-jcl King

You can select all links if you want and let jdownloader do the rest

2. YsN

YsN Chieftain

Thank you. Now loaded. The first thing I downloaded biq, and that for this scenario would not be a permanent card? Well, I expected to see such as Western Europe and America are two ...

3. general-jcl

general-jcl King

The biq file only contains rules for the pbem game

4. Arexander

Arexander The obvious lurker

You can play fine when you have the main files and the saves. At least that's what I'm doing. :)

But I'd still be merrier if you'd release single player biqs as then I could choose my difficulty level. It doesn't matter that there are so many biqs. I've seen other scenarios where there are.

5. general-jcl

general-jcl King

I will make new saves based on new maps

6. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

I was wondering, are these randomly generated maps?

7. general-jcl

general-jcl King

No you can't randomize the map because resources must be deployed carefully and european must have egal territory. Moreover factions start the game with several cities.
    So the map in the save files is a new map that i made (cities and resources are pre-placed in line with the scenario).

8. YsN

YsN Chieftain

I'm amazed! Again the problem! After downloading all 4 parts and download the Spanish game, displaying the error: FICHIER IUTROUVABLE
    Art/tech chooser/icons/traitй-Small.psx

There are ideas why this is? (I checked the archives intact)

9. Sandris

Sandris Rise and Rule

Just rename Art/tech chooser/icons/traitй-Small.psx into traite-Small.pcx and also change it in pediaicons.txt.

10. YsN

YsN Chieftain

Thank you. Everything works! Excellent technical line, a lot of well-designed units ... But I am disappointed blatantly wrong location of the European countries! Knowing the general-jcl on Barbarossa II, I relied on the accuracy of the jewelry in the arrangement of countries and cities. But it seems right given the length of the card:)

11. David Smith

David Smith Warlord

RapidShare S****s lateley, all they want is to sell Premium Accounts. Tried 10 times over an hours time and only got one part done. They have limited ther Free slots to almost zero,:mad: could you try another account, :confused: even HotFile works better. Thanks.

12. Arexander

Arexander The obvious lurker

Try JDownloader. It downloads links which you have copied (Ctrl+c) automatically and if server is busy, it tries again in 2 minutes as long as it's needed for the download to start. Quite useful tool if you don't want to wait and retry all by yourself. ;) I posted a guide on how to use it just on the last page.

13. general-jcl

general-jcl King

ohh i forgot this one. It's just an issue with the french font: é should be convert to e and not to й
    Sandris gave the correct solution for this

my initial idea was to make a pbem game only so european territories should be strictly equivalent. Moreover the disadvantage of playing on strictly historical map is that the exploration is strongly reduced, which removes a large portion of the interest in this type of game

14. YsN

YsN Chieftain

Understandable. I would like to note that due to an overloaded complexity and significant predominance of the enemy, much intreres lost the game. In 1450 and subsequent years France, Holland and England did not have such obvious superiority over Spain, as shown in your fashion, which makes it virtually impossible historical colonization and war. Since all forces leave the protection of the European countries.

15. general-jcl

general-jcl King

all Europeans are about the same number of units. Competitors of the human player, however, start with 2 colonies because otherwise AI does not develop overseas before 1600! This is not a major handicap believe me. Several parties have already been played on this map and it is not so difficult to win

you can keep troops in your home territory and some wonders can give you units there

16. YsN

YsN Chieftain

You have convinced me. But I like the man with the historical formation of the eye cuts SUCH location countries and cities!

17. laryk

laryk Chieftain

Try to load the saved game and got:

Error reading file. Missing entry in "text\PediaIcons.txt : ICON_BDLG_BAT001"

PediaIcons.txt has

#ICON_BLDG_BAT001
    SINGLE
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Aqueductlarge.pcx
    art\civilopedia\icons\buildings\Aqueductsmall.pcx

Aqueductlarge.pcx and Aqueductsmall.pcx are available in
    "Conquests\Conquests\Eldorado3\Art\Civilopedia\Icons\Buildings" folder.

Could somebody help?
    Thanks!

18. general-jcl

general-jcl King

Seems you have an incompleted archive file or perhaps a too old version of winrar

19. T-mun

T-mun King Numa

Rapidshare is a pain in the ass, not in the "target", unless you have a target on your butt :rolleyes: also not sure you can "whistle" a folder... I'm not just making fun of The Guardian, but using online translators generally gives funny stuff. I don't have much time but if you want some help with the translation just PM me ;)

20. The Guardian

The Guardian Praetorian

No offense taken. Alot of people were looking for a translation and getting no response so I did what I could help. If you have the time I am sure everyone would be grateful.