1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Eleanor of Aquitaine Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Feb 5, 2019.

1. bbbt

bbbt Warlord

So this is why they only let you move great works every 10 turns. 3 year advance forward planning.

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Strategy for France: do the usual culture game, flip your neighbors for more places to build TSs.

Strategy for England: settle cities on foreign continents. Use Great Works for loyalty protection

3. Leathaface

Leathaface Warlord

I was hoping she'd have a Science focus, but nope, another Culture focused Civ. (along with Maori, Sweden and Canada)

4. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

That's the bit with the little red sparkles when she changes that screams "disney princess" to me.

5. Sagax

Sagax Warlord

Aaaaand she’s a Disney Princess.

EDIT: Ninjas everywhere

6. Gutmensch

Gutmensch Chieftain

I like her look and her animations a lot, and her ability seems fun. What I don't like is that France and Germany apparently still use the old generic european palace design. I know, it's just a small thing, but it still irks me - especially with all the new civs having unique palaces.

ChocolateShake, Siptah and nzcamel like this.
  7. NukingGandhi

NukingGandhi Chieftain

But anyways I'm probably gonna play her as France cause of that sick Machiavellian play style to spite my enemies by stealing their cities.

8. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

Amani's Emissary promotion will be a top pick for Eleanor.

She seems like she was designed as an alternate leader for France before they decided to toss her to England as well. Can't say that her LUA synergizes much with the latter.

Ivan Hunger, CivLuvah and Alexadamz like this.
  9. Zenphys

Zenphys Chieftain

When she is leading england. England won't get redcoats or any real bonuses to play any kind of colonial game appart from the small gold bonus to the royal navy dockyard.

If you play her with england there isnt really much point in playing a colonialist game but instead stick to your continent and try to make the most of 'workshop of the world'

Siptah, Alexadamz and Seek like this.
  10. Onin

Onin Chieftain

I love the idea of using culture to flip cities. Seems like it would be a hard thing to balance. Basing it off of great works really changes the way I would think of building in an empire. Plus a dark age could be a nightmare for a civ that is next to her. I am all for any leader that changes the way I approach the game and she accomplishes that with both England and France.

Cautiously optimistic.

Animations and art of her are awesome.

CivLuvah and CPWimmer like this.
  11. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Chieftain

Is there an interesting mechanic for a science focused civ? Because so far in Civ5 and Civ6 we've only had science by conquest (Assyria in 5 and Macedon in 6), and boring flat bonusses (Babylon and Maya in 5 and Korea in 6).

Caprikel likes this.
  12. VermelhoRed

VermelhoRed Chieftain

She has either the Sea Wolf and the Royal Navy Dockyard or the Garde Imperiale and the Chateau

Ivan Hunger, Hawke9 and CPWimmer like this.
  13. SupremacyKing2

SupremacyKing2 Warlord

Agree. She is definitely super cute.

14. Onii-chan

Onii-chan Chieftain

Well at least on Deity then England was great for science in Civ V due to the extra spy helping to steal techs since every other civ was ahead of you in science for most of the game. If you can count that

15. Wielki Hegemon

Wielki Hegemon Chieftain

D'accord ma biche (or should I say 12th Disney Princess). Je te prends pour la victoire curturelle. :lol:

16. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Who wore it better? :lol:

17. NukingGandhi

NukingGandhi Chieftain

You're probably right but I was just a little too caught up in the video to think clearly.

18. Bosque

Bosque Chieftain

Another useful strategy... build Entertainment Districts near your borders with other Civs, and use Bread and Circuses project to help flip those cities.

19. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Warlord

Poitiers would be the most appropriate capital for Eleanor, regardless of which civ she is ruling.

WorldWarIV, Kjimmet, the_m and 7 others like this.
  20. Ziad

Ziad Warlord

She's not a culture civ. She just get general empire benefits to getting great works.

Frankly i prefer these kinds of designs to straight up Korea boosts. Eleanor, Phoenicia, Maori, and Inca all promote wide empire play that indirectly supports all victory types.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019