1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Election: President

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy II' started by eyrei, Jan 28, 2003.

?

Who should be President?

1. OctavianX

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Chieftess

18 vote(s)
    45.0%
  3. Donsig

11 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

And so it should be! :D

(seriously, don't worry TOO much about my timezone. I am the only person here with it!)

Next time, we should post all times in GMT. I think we should count the votes from when the poll was originally closed.

2. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

(Obviously) I support the current results. The poll was initally closed too early, and thus reopened to remain so until the end of Term 5. Besides, the poll was begun early in the first place, so that down period makes up for the additional up period.

Also, I concede the Presidential election (but not Vice Presidential election) to Chieftess. This is the second time I've lost to her in a Presidential election, and I'm not ashamed.

And, to donsig: May the best man win the Vice Presidential election!

3. naervod

naervod My current user title

I think Forty J should comment on this, him being the new Chief Justice. However, as someone who has served on the Judiciary for a while I would like to say that the poll was closed illegally but legally reopened. Any votes cast between 12:00 AM GMT February 1st (7PM EST, 4PM PST) are invalid and should not be counted in the current totals. If the poll for Vice Preisdent became tied before Midnight GMT, then it is a tie and a run-off for Vice President should follow. If not, the person who had the second-most votes in the poll as of Midnight GMT should be declared runner-up and Vice President

4. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

There is no way to count who had the most votes at what time, and who voted at what time. I also do not wish this to become one of those issues that draws people away from the more important things in this game. Therefore, we are simply going to have a runoff.

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

It was an 11-11 tie just about after the polls closed the first time...

6. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Must have been magic.

7. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Another day goes by and no one wants to admit reopening this poll. I can only wonder why...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.