English football thread no 2

Robin van Persie to arsenal, now, clearly someone had some petty cash to spare. I hope Wenger gets him off his lazy ass, then he'd finally become a good player.

In other news: I saw Mo Al Fayed, fulham's chairman, at the Ali G. show yesterday. Brilliant! There should be chairmen like him in the Netherlands as well!

Well, there's the PSV chairman, but he's only funny since he's being impersonated, and he's actually becoming the impersonated self...

Nope!

Originally posted by prettyvacant
Unbeaten in the league all season would do it for me.
While that is certainly an admirable achievement for any football team I can't help but look at their European record as a blot on their reputation.

Originally posted by bholed
=
Well so I've heard Rivaldo is the replacement With
Jay-Jay taking the wage of Larsson.
I see the logic from a Celtic point of view, although I still think Larsson will be sorely missed when it comes to the big European matches.

Nope...and with 130 shots and no goals this season, the prospect of a conversion isn't a good one...:eek:

In today's transfer news, Robin Van Persie signs for Arsenal from Feyenoord (officially announced).

OK, I was unaware of the figures. I will re-phrase my earlier post. I see the logic from a Bolton point of view.... ;)

Originally posted by Iggy
I see the logic from a Celtic point of view, although I still think Larsson will be sorely missed when it comes to the big European matches.

Aye , the mans irreplaceable,

Few rumors abound but depends on what money the board can spare, the man for me is Robbie Keane.
But I'm Sure MON will have a few irons in the fire.

Originally posted by phoenix_night
Nope...and with 130 shots and no goals this season, the prospect of a conversion isn't a good one...:eek:

In today's transfer news, Robin Van Persie signs for Arsenal from Feyenoord (officially announced).

==

Correct and one of the reason's I dont fancy him thou to be fair
he'd score goals up here!

Joe Royle in the Guardian today: "Five years ago at Manchester City the fans had got to the point where they didn't really care how we got out of the Second Division, as long as we did it straight away. They'd followed us to places like Colchester and Gillingham but I'm not sure they'd have done it again, and financially that might have been that. Thankfully, we scraped through.

"Here I get the feeling that although the supporters desperately want promotion they won't be really happy unless we do it the right way, by passing and scoring goals. There's something almost Corinthian about it. I can live with either state of mind, as long as the result's the same."

Yeeeeesss - he's been here a year and at last he's got it -

"Ipswich have become the highest-scoring team in the country; no other can match their total of 82 league goals in 44 games. Unfortunately they have come at a cost of 70 goals conceded,"

best attack, worst defence - excellent

I saw Ipswich play Sunderland at Portman Road. They certainty didn't have the best attack that day. They couldn't hit a barn door let alone the back of the net. On that display even if they manage to scrap their way through the playoffs and to promotion they're coming straight back down.

In my opinion, Ipswich play by far the best football in the first division. I saw them at Ninian Park, and they played us off the pitch. I haven't seen a better performance this year. Having scored more goals than anyone else in the country, you can't really argue with their footballing (and attacking) ability.

Top Bottom