English Football Thread No.4

I didn't see the game, and have not seen the penalty claim. But after Fergie's (IMO unjustified) comments about Benitez's behaviour on the touchline this week, was that any way to behave?

Well done Everton.

Scratcher

Mwaha, Man Yoo looz.

Sobered up enough to buy more beer now.

Did I already say

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

?

Nope fraid not. Not been to a game since I saw Ravanelli playing in your team.

His song was (to the tune of Macarena):

We've got a player and his name is Ravanelli,
He scores lots of goals I've seen him on the telly,
Every time he scores he shows us all his belly,
Oooh, Ravanelli

(He popularised the shirt over the head goal celebration)

I'm too young to remember the likes of Ravanelli. We certainly could do with a good, charasmatic player like him now. We might not be playing you next year, sadly. :lol:

Yeah not looking good sadly. One of my old bosses was from Boro.

Juninho was playing in that game too I think.

EDIT: In that case, we must have lost? You reached the final of the FA and League cups in 97.

The pitch was in shambles though. It looked oxen-plowed in places!

As for SAF arguing on the sidelines, as amazing amazing a manager as he is, he ain't no angel for sure! :king:

The pitch was terrible, though it's fair to say that it probably didn't affect either result.

Man U got what they deserved for fielding a Second XI. Although the Wellbeck foul was pretty clearly a penalty, neither team created much else in the 120 minutes. And, at the end of day, Everton clearly wanted it more (as is evidenced by fielding a first XI) so it's hard not to see a natural justice in them winning on penalties.

Yeah we haven't got a pitch on rollers that we can change at Wembley.

It's funny how the losing managers complained about the pitch. If only there was some way to make it fair say by changing ends at half-time or making both teams take penalties at the same end.

I think it's fair to complain about the pitch. A bad enough pitch and Stenhousemuir Reserves will have a decent enough chance against Real Madrid (well, who wouldn't nowadays, but you get the idea...). As I said above, I don't think it changed the result, but it clearly was a poor pitch.

(Actually, playing two games in two days on the surface would have been bad, but it was clearly a tip in the first game as well.)

And at least we now know the answer to the discussion we were having on page 23 of this thread - ManYoo were clearly playing a second string team. Four players, none of whom had ever started a Premier League game, but selected to start the FA Cup semi-final ?!

ManYoo were clearly playing a second string team. Four players, none of whom had ever started a Premier League game, but selected to start the FA Cup semi-final ?!

fergie is disrespecting english football. he doesnt understand it.

Top Bottom